Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sarabia

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks stronger to me and.fully up to speed of the lremier league , not being fully out wide has helped he looks top quality now.
Indeed. Better positioning and just being used to the league. Still does the odd bizarre pass to absolutely no one but that's probably due to them not being where they'd be expected to be.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Indeed. Better positioning and just being used to the league. Still does the odd bizarre pass to absolutely no one but that's probably due to them not being where they'd be expected to be.
Yeah, just over a year ago he was playing those passes to Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Class player. It would be interesting to see if someone can do the stats, how many goals we’ve scored with him on the pitch compared to when he’s not been playing. Feels like we score a lot more goals when he plays.
I think he ranks #1 in the Premier League for chances per 90 for players with over 10 chances created.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neymar, pah, nothing but a Poundland Matheus Cunha !!!!!!
Is Poundland a grocery store? That's the sponsor on my third favourite teams kits. I only ask cause we have one here called Foodland and the writing looks similar.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad that people are now giving Sarabia the credit his play has merited in the last couple of months. He is yet another player who has taken almost a year to adapt to this unforgiving and combative league.
It's not just that. Some players on our team are making better runs FROM playing with him. The others are adapting to him as well.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A year is about how long it usually takes for a flair player to figure out the Prem...I also think he's been given very specific instructions from the manager in terms of his defensive responsibilities and what spaces he needs to occupy, and he's showing good fitness to get through the running he needs to do to fill his role in the team.

The quality of some of his crosses is really, really good. I'm delighted this move is looking a smart risk now.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad that people are now giving Sarabia the credit his play has merited in the last couple of months. He is yet another player who has taken almost a year to adapt to this unforgiving and combative league.
It's a lesson that even a very talented, experienced player can take time to adjust to the English game. Some fans are extremely quick to write off players, we got spoilt with Moutinho who came in at basically 32 and just made it all look effortless immediately. While it's taken time for him to settle, Sarabia is now showing what he's about and he's a class act

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Poundland a grocery store? That's the sponsor on my third favourite teams kits. I only ask cause we have one here called Foodland and the writing looks similar.

Poundland is a no frills shop were you can buy products cheap that may not be as good as name brands. It is used as a derogatory term for saying that a certain player is not as good as another, hence me describing Neymar being a " Poundland Pablo Sarabia ! ."

I am a hypocrite because while I use the Poundland phrase to mock, I do shop there from time to time as they do have some decent priced named products !!!! ( Other stores of this nature are available !!! )

Last edited:

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm now a fan, took a while but he's settled now and you can see he has class.
I thought he wasn't cut out for our league, couldn't tackle etc...

But, massive credit to him. As a highly successful 30+ with PSG, Sevilla and Spain on his CV and probably a bank full of money he could have just thought 'nah'. So huge respect to him for knuckling down and adapting his game. His workrate is immense and his application to change his game is an inspiration.
People like Guedes should hang their head in shame

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But, massive credit to him. As a highly successful 30+ with PSG, Sevilla and Spain on his CV and probably a bank full of money he could have just thought 'nah'. So huge respect to him for knuckling down and adapting his game. His workrate is immense and his application to change his game is an inspiration.
People like Guedes should hang their head in shame

Sarabia got called lazy as well, until the goals + assists started happening. I wonder if Trincao or Guedes could've adapted with a bit more time - Guedes in particular didn't get long to adapt, and was trying to do so in the worst team we've had for ages.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia got called lazy as well, until the goals + assists started happening. I wonder if Trincao or Guedes could've adapted with a bit more time - Guedes in particular didn't get long to adapt, and was trying to do so in the worst team we've had for ages.

The problem with Guedes was his attitude. He didn't want to be here

Sarabia has worked hard to adapt and brought into the team culture

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted to be very wrong on Sarabia.

Classy player, knew he had technical ability but didn't think he was as good as people made out, or, perhaps more importantly, had what it took to play in England.

He has embraced having more responsibility in the team. Seems the type that has that second extra time on the ball, which was always the sign of a good player.

Uses the ball very well and brings a bit of intelligence/composure that others sometimes lack.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expected Sarabia to be the best of last January's signings, based on his pedigree, experience and from the little I could see of his personality from training videos etc..., so I was particularly disappointed by his form last season, when he probably contributed less than Lemina, Dawson, Gomes, a somewhat underwhelming Cunha and only slightly more than Bentley.
Since then, however, he seems to have settled, become fitter and is demonstrating why clubs like PSG and Real had him within their ranks. He's second in our assists list for this season and while his scoring stat is lower than we would like; he's now an integral part of GON's first choice side. Unfortunately, he'll be 32 in May and while I'm not suggesting he'll be drawing his pension just yet; I'd hope that we don't hold onto him too long and he declines both in performances and in the hearts of supporters like Mouts did.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Sarabia but I would prefer to see him playing more centrally rather than drifting as wide as he often does. I know we do not have the defence or CF for it, but him playing a free role in a 4-2-3-1 is mouth watering.

New GK
Semedo NEW CB NEW CB Ait-Nouri
Gomes Lemina
Neto Sarabia Cunha
NEW CF​

Makes me a little horny that.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Sarabia but I would prefer to see him playing more centrally rather than drifting as wide as he often does. I know we do not have the defence or CF for it, but him playing a free role in a 4-2-3-1 is mouth watering.

New GK
Semedo NEW CB NEW CB Ait-Nouri
Gomes Lemina
Neto Sarabia Cunha
NEW CF​

Makes me a little horny that.

Its the dream but neto will go and sa likely to stay

Sa
Semedo (new understudy) Mosquera Kilman(gomes) Ait nouri
Gomes Lemina
(Hwang/Chiquinho) Sarabia Cunha
New

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poundland is a no frills shop were you can buy products cheap that may not be as good as name brands. It is used as a derogatory term for saying that a certain player is not as good as another, hence me describing Neymar being a " Poundland Pablo Sarabia ! ."

I am a hypocrite because while I use the Poundland phrase to mock, I do shop there from time to time as they do have some decent priced named products in there !!!! ( Other stores of this nature are available !!! )
They also sell the Kellogg's stuff with the 'BOGOF Thorpe Park/Alton Towers/Sea Life tickets' vouchers on that the bigger supermarkets sell out of or don't stock, for those with kids!

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
It looked like he played in more of a midfield 3 on Saturday and did really well.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to think, that after so many players that we have signed, that we have judged to early as not to be good enough, or a waste of money, that eventually we would give our signings time to acclimatise to the Premier League, before we write them off as not being good enough.
We certainly have a long list of players that we have been to quick to judge, that they are not good enough, that turned out to be very decent players for our club.

Back
Top Bottom