Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Salernitana slate Wolves.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except that Jeff didn’t go to a press conference and trash City or Pep. In fact I’m not aware that anyone, except a few fans on social media, have said anything about City, let alone Pep.

I'm not on about the CEO kicking up a fuss. Fans have made a fuss how Nunes trying to force a move has ruined his reputation and some remarks on how future teams and pep will look at him differently. While this guy has done similar and we have fans loving it because the shoes on the other foot

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not on about the CEO kicking up a fuss. Fans have made a fuss how Nunes trying to force a move has ruined his reputation and some remarks on how future teams and pep will look at him differently. While this guy has done similar and we have fans loving it because the shoes on the other foot

I think the point is that we are taking the mick out of the CEO ranting, which is really childish for someone in his position. If he were just one of their fans complaining on their YouTube channel, I think the comparison with Nunes might be fair. More to the point, very little criticism has been levelled at City even by Wolves fans. Almost all the criticism has been aimed at Nunes himself. He was unprofessional for downing tools, just like the player in Italy.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds almost Nunes like but you seem to be ok with him doing it....

As I just said to @Dan G WWFC, the issue here is more the reaction of the CEO, and his direct criticism of Wolves and our mgt. There has been plenty of criticism of Nunes, even by Wolves mgt, but none of City, or Pep. If he were just a fan on their YouTube channel, then fair enough.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I think the point is that we are taking the mick out of the CEO ranting, which is really childish for someone in his position. If he were just one of their fans complaining on their YouTube channel, I think the comparison with Nunes might be fair. More to the point, very little criticism has been levelled at City even by Wolves fans. Almost all the criticism has been aimed at Nunes himself. He was unprofessional for downing tools, just like the player in Italy.
Perhaps a #freedia campaign :)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I just said to @Dan G WWFC, the issue here is more the reaction of the CEO, and his direct criticism of Wolves and our mgt. There has been plenty of criticism of Nunes, even by Wolves mgt, but none of City, or Pep. If he were just a fan on their YouTube channel, then fair enough.
While l agree with your logic in many ways l would note that Italian club officials are much less restrained and more expansive than those here.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to admit, I've never heard of any of these people, and I've never heard of Salernitana !
Given that Wolves have never mentioned them either, it's just an Italian story for Italians to try and explain why they've had to drop a player.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How did this guy do similar?

He was removed from the team for their next match, he didn't leave himself.

He's a human. He's allowed to react, be angry, be upset, be whatever.

If Nunes was forced to stay, he could be upset and angry all be wanted. I'm sure Pahlinha is ****ed at Fulham too. But he'll play. Because that's what their paid to do.

Just seems like their director has major ego issues.

Yduti

Groupie
Reaction score
This guy is ****ed off with hobbs and the recruitment team that have made that embarrassing bid he has nothing with O’neil

Yduti

Groupie
Reaction score
That offer was laughable 2M€ loan fee for their best player who the **** accepts that

D

Deleted member (smith)

Making an offer is not an insult it’s a negotiation.
Agreeing terms with the player to see if he will come is standard practice
The player wanting the move is not unusual.
The player not wanting to train or play till the matter is settled is also quite normal
Declining the offer happens.

Often the players interest and his club are not the same….Also normal

More and more players realize contracts protect the.club more than the player

In real life few people have a contract requiring more than three months notice…holding the registration is a tiny bit like indentured labour

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the club should make a apology to them to fix things and make a deal for dia in january when they have the time to find the replacement
I think they shouldn't. They chanced their arm with an e-mailed offer, got knocked back and moved on. It's not like they went over and slapped the bloke's mum with a wet kipper.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the club should make a apology to them to fix things and make a deal for dia in january when they have the time to find the replacement
I suspect that the Salternita comments are more a "look it's not our fault he doesn't want to stay" for their fans. I'm pretty sure they will be fine with Wolves if we return with the same offer in January.
Also Hobbs suggests that negotiations take months, so did we really call them on Thursday morning and say "right lads, how about this for a deal"? If terms were discussed with the player they must have had some idea what was coming.
However being fair, if they've just paid 12 million for him they're not accepting our offer.

Last edited:

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Il Mattino state that Wolves had offered €20m for the striker but only in the form of a right to buy attached on the end of an initial loan deal costing €2m.

That was considered something of a joke of an offer by Salernitana, who had paid €12m to sign Dia permanently this summer and were not going to let him leave on loan after that. Thus, Wolves offer was ‘trashed’ and that was the end of it.

It seems their financial issues ultimately cost Gary O’Neill a new striker, with them unable to make the ‘indispensable offer’ Salernitana wanted and instead proposing a deal that was ultimately laughed at.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Salernitana are about to send the troops over to Wolverhampton from that press conference!

Not sure why they’re targeting Gary O’Neil though :tearsofjoy:

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Salernitana are about to send the troops over to Wolverhampton from that press conference!

Not sure why they’re targeting Gary O’Neil though :tearsofjoy:

They're not.. they said manager, not coach.
They mean Hobbs.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
“ to the manager of Wolverhampton, I say, disrespectful behaviour, disrespectful offer. Me, my president & all of Salernitana club doesn't forget."

Getting serious horse’s head in Gary’s bed vibes
I suppose it would be bad taste to say it should be “my president and I…”

Rowzed

Reaction score
You have to think about the order this happened.
Player’s agent lets it be known player is up for a move to PL (as he’s on fire)
WWFC contact club to ask if he might be available at the right price
Club say yes and perhaps let the agent know Wolves are enquiring
Agent tells his player, and on behest of club maybe stirs it a bit by letting a few other clubs know Wolves are in for him
News hits social media ( wonder how)
Italian club and agent and player all sitting in anticipation of a £20m bid to buy a PL striker, after all we paid more than that for Silva and we’ve just had £53m from Nunes
Hobbs goes to Jeff to say I’d like to make an offer , we could buy this lad and flip him for more, never going to play in PL though
Jeff says ’not sure mate, you’ve done mustard business but Guo hasn’t OK’d it, I’ll check’
Hobbs also cooking Che Adams deal and is using this one to smoke out a lower loan price as he knows no money available up front for either of them but loans ok as he’s just killed the FFP dragon
knows he doesn’t really want the fella because Italian strikers stink the place out and he’s still paying Cutrone
needs to keep the story going in the hope Southampton buckle and loan Che for £5m
offers £2m up front
Jeff doesn’t even bother waking Guo up because he had a cuppa and realised what Hobbs was up to
Italians get the bid, overreact and make gestures
player dreams of playing for a big PL club like Tottingham
Italians don’t get the money and find player is no longer focussed on their team talk
manager does a strop and says you let this happen, you don’t mess with me and my brother is fuming
Club decide to tell everyone about it on Twitter as they are thoroughly ****ed off and mebbe realise they are being used as a pawn in a game of Hobbsychess.
Wolves fans on social media get all he said she said about it, some have a laugh, Some take it seriously
we play Crystal Palace, Fabio gets a hat trick and it’s yesterday‘s news

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never heard of them but look at their results they rely on him.

He could come to us for nothing potentially. Maybe we will make friends with them in January lol

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we know exactly what we offered them that was taken to be so insulting?

I imagine we offered a similar deal to what we tabled for Adams. Not so much low ball, but a structure to fit our ffp needs.

Fair enough if they don’t want to except it but seems childish to complain about us making an offer.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You do have to wonder what this bid was all about, sounds like we tapped up his player manager and tried to pull a swifty. A loan with a right to buy for the most expensive player in the history of their club that they bought a mere 2 months ago, that's really poor from Hobbs and his team.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do have to wonder what this bid was all about, sounds like we tapped up his player manager and tried to pull a swifty. A loan with a right to buy for the most expensive player in the history of their club that they bought a mere 2 months ago, that's really poor from Hobbs and his team.

A player who was on loan there for the prior 12 months, so they know the score when it comes to loan deals. Reportedly the option or obligation next summer was for 20m, so they’d have made a healthy profit too. In theory they could have secured a replacement on loan, with an option to buy next summer as well, not been left short of a player, and been in profit on the deal. The issue was timing, with them having very little time to secure a replacement. If that was the major issue for them, then frankly it wouldn’t have made much difference how we’d structured the deal - fee now, or later. We didn’t have much choice in the timing ourselves after a late bid for Nunes releasing some cash, and Soton pulling the plug on Adams at the 11th hour.

I have sympathy for them with a disgruntled player, and we know what that’s like ourselves. Given the shortness of time to try and do the deal, I can understand it if agents were spoken to, and the player’s interest in a move tested before approaching the club. It’s been portrayed by his club, via Romano (who I wouldn’t trust to provide journalistic independence), that the player was enticed to make waves to help Wolves get the deal done, but it’s just as likely it was more that Wolves sounded out the player via his agent, as that’s all. Now their CEO is making a song and dance about it, I doubt we will be back in for him in January.

Back
Top Bottom