Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss or Dendonker?

Who starts?

• Saiss

• Dendonker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both very good players in their own right but who should start at Leicester?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both very good players in their own right but who should start at Leicester?
No disrespect to Saiss but he has to win his place to be chosen over anyone. Dendoncker waited, possibly not happily, but when he got the chance he certainly grabbed it.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
The Donck.

You can't counter without pace and power......ball-less driving and arriving is more beneficial in this situation than holding and spraying.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss was ****ed at the end. It's no coincidence our run of form after Christmas coincided with Dendoncker coming into the team, he's like a heatseeker where ever the ball is he seems to be there at both ends of the pitch! For all the Portuguese flair and brilliance, every team needs a Leander to do the unselfish work. He's basically Dave Edwards on steroids.

dennison11

Reaction score
If ever there was ever a chance for Saiss to become 1st choice then tonight was it. IMHO he failed. Yes he had a solid game but nothing special. Donk every time for me

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendoncker is like... the 3rd name or 4th name on the game sheet for me.

This can't be legit.

D

Deleted member 4184

Dendoncker
- more athletic
- more dynamic
- better at winning the ball back
- ventures forwards

Saiss
- better passing range
- threat at set pieces
- doesn't only pass backwards and sideways

I like them both, prefer dendoncker though

L

Lincoln-WOLF

Who are the 3 that voted Saiss then?? Love to know the reason for

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If ever there was ever a chance for Saiss to become 1st choice then tonight was it. IMHO he failed. Yes he had a solid game but nothing special. Donk every time for me

Think this is a harsh assessment. Did his job well, picking up the yellow will have limited him somewhat. He’s not the sort of player who goes marauding box to box. No complaints about his performance from me.

dennison11

Reaction score
Think this is a harsh assessment. Did his job well, picking up the yellow will have limited him somewhat. He’s not the sort of player who goes marauding box to box. No complaints about his performance from me.
Understandable and like I said, I don't think he had a bad game but for me I think he is one player that really needs to stand out when he gets a chance. I like Saiss, I really do, just feel he needs to do a bit more to warrant more starts

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is like asking Debbie Harry in 1979 or Debbie Harry in 2019?

D

Deleted member 4152

I
If you don't like it, ignore it.
I am aware I can ignore it thanks. But I can also call out a completely useless thread

Let's have another: Jota or MGW? Who starts on Sunday?

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Saiss did well. I don't think they are that similar as players really. Saiss is like a more physical version of Neves with not quite the passing range. Saiss will be very useful against some physical teams, I really liked what he and Dendoncker brought to the cardiff game last season brought the physicality and defensive stability to allow us to have on our more attacking WBs and MGW.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different players. Saiss doesn't run with the ball or play as far up the pitch as Donck.

Horses for courses but I'd pick Donck on Sunday

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
As long as the Donk is performing like he is at the moment, it's his place to lose.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mmmmm ... it’s the Donk then ... by a whisker.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Saiss did well. I don't think they are that similar as players really. Saiss is like a more physical version of Neves with not quite the passing range. Saiss will be very useful against some physical teams, I really liked what he and Dendoncker brought to the cardiff game last season brought the physicality and defensive stability to allow us to have on our more attacking WBs and MGW.

Bravo. Somebody gets it.

I liked Saiss yesterday. Yes, his usual potential walking red card kind of performance, but he’s rather good on the ball.
Slipped a few nice balls through to Jota, Vinagre, fast balls across the ground the defence weren’t expecting.

(Not that it matters much) but FM classes him same as Neves, a deep lying playmaker. Does defensive duties, but creates from deep.
That’s what he was doing yesterday.

D

Deleted member 3751

Said it many a time, I love Saiss, but while their styles are slightly different the only thing Saiss has over Dendoncker is his passing. Dendoncker is better in every other department and I can see him getting a few goals for us this year too, he's always the one backing up those counter attacks.

Our results after he came into the side were excellent (34 points from 19 games - 30 from 17 starts), and I think he'll be better and more important for us this season

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Dendoncker and Saiss should be in direct competition for a position at the moment.

Dendoncker plays the box to box midfielder really well. He gets up and down the pitch, under laps Doherty and also covers for him defensively. He can easily be in the six yard box one minute, then tracking a runner behind Doherty the next. These are things that Saiss doesn’t really do.

Saiss is much better in the deeper midfield role, screening the defence, providing a physical presence and playing passes when he has the pitch in front of him. Really he is cover for the central defenders and Neves’ position; which is where he played on Thursday.

I actually don’t think we have much cover for Moutinho and Dendoncker which is why the transfer window was disappointing for me.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 different players really,yes they can both play in the same positions but far less effectively in both cases
Saiss does the Neves role just with less finesse,i don't actually think we have anyone that does the Donk role at all,so its Donk all day long for me

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does pose an interesting question of who is natural cover for who in our first choice midfield 3

Neves - Saiss first (and Dendoncker or Moutinho can move back if required) Taylor & Francis from the U23’s

Moutinho & Dendoncker - cover will be MGW & Jordao in the first instance. Shabani & Perry for U23 cover

Then Diallo, Watt, Alves, Cundle, Cristovao & Wan further back if required or not loaned

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Donk.
Romain has the simultaneous advantage and disadvantage of being a great sub option as he can cover 2 positions, which with a small squad is vital.

Back
Top Bottom