Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Safe Standing - an example to follow

D

Deleted member 5962

Orlando! WHo would have thought it?

New Tab Search

We have a version of safe standing here in the ArenA as well. Works pretty well.

KNVB-1.png

e9756ded-02f7-4c66-a4d5-7bf04c7f1ffa_image1279275563455986720.jpg

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 5962

Safe Standing & inclusion in Orlando: "Finally someone gets it" | Football Supporters' Federation

Safe standing with cup holders! Just like the old days!
Seriously I'm not fussed now, I think the SB would be largely unchanged, I know people think the capacity would be increased, but I don't see how. I don't feel the need for a rail in front of me. I have a handy seat for pre-match and half-time. I can cope without a cup-holder!

Y'know.. For once I think the americans might have actually improved something :eek:

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Safe Standing & inclusion in Orlando: "Finally someone gets it" | Football Supporters'

Safe standing with cup holders! Just like the old days!
Seriously I'm not fussed now, I think the SB would be largely unchanged, I know people think the capacity would be increased, but I don't see how. I don't feel the need for a rail in front of me. I have a handy seat for pre-match and half-time. I can cope without a cup-holder!

I guess you would get around 3 rows with rails for 2 rows of seats

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I guess you would get around 3 rows with rails for 2 rows of seats

Maybe in the same footprint, but only with a reconstruction of the concrete and then is the pitch enough anyway to have 50% more rows and still let people see? In the past if you got behind someone 6'6" then you could always move a bit, but not in these sort of stands presumably?

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe in the same footprint, but only with a reconstruction of the concrete and then is the pitch enough anyway to have 50% more rows and still let people see? In the past if you got behind someone 6'6" then you could always move a bit, but not in these sort of stands presumably?
That is a problem, we went to the Genting Arena last week and narrowly missed sitting/standing behind a giant

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps a tiered system is in order, allocated by height: tallest at the back, shortest at the front! :D

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One thing that gets me with safe standing is a lot of people assume you can get a ticket, stand where you want and be crammed in with a load of mates, where in reality it’s as you are now, in the south bank for example, you still have to buy a seat (particular space) the only difference is you’ll have a metal bar in your eyeline if ever you have to sit.
Safe standing is *******s in reality, it’s as you are now, it’s not and never will be like it use to so what’s the point? Looks like having the rails will take up more space so ultimately less seats/standing room.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least the bar will stop ya from falling into the row in front wen we score.:p

J

JC14M5 Wolf

Standing has always been safe. Been caged in like ****ing animals is where the problem lies.
I mean if you build a 10k capacity standing terrace and limit it to 9.5k, with the appropriate barriers you shouldn't really have issues.
I've nearly fallen forward over seats before, that's gonna hurt.
Standing I do it every day, no problem
Navigating the steps for a **** in Bohs after umpteen pints is more of risk.

D

Deleted member 5962

One thing that gets me with safe standing is a lot of people assume you can get a ticket, stand where you want and be crammed in with a load of mates, where in reality it’s as you are now, in the south bank for example, you still have to buy a seat (particular space) the only difference is you’ll have a metal bar in your eyeline if ever you have to sit.
Safe standing is *******s in reality, it’s as you are now, it’s not and never will be like it use to so what’s the point? Looks like having the rails will take up more space so ultimately less seats/standing room.

The whole thing is a bit weird to be honest. Football fans are treated very differently in Britain than they seem to be over here on the continent. We have beer in the stands with no issues and hell I dont know if you guys could see it on the tv, but the fans from the standing section of the Arena were all standing down at the bottom of the stand out of their designated zone with no issues during the Netherlands-England game. I would imagine the stewards in an english football stadium would have been in a full scale fight trying to force them back to their seats and thereby causing more of an issue than just letting them have fun.

M

Mark Jennison

I have been to Heracles in the Netherlands and they also have a section of standing. But there you get allocated a seat but if you want to move to a different section of the ground you can. I was sat behind the goal in the first half, and stood on the terrace at the other end of the ground in the second half. Like old school non league matches in the UK.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole thing is a bit weird to be honest. Football fans are treated very differently in Britain than they seem to be over here on the continent. We have beer in the stands with no issues and hell I dont know if you guys could see it on the tv, but the fans from the standing section of the Arena were all standing down at the bottom of the stand out of their designated zone with no issues during the Netherlands-England game. I would imagine the stewards in an english football stadium would have been in a full scale fight trying to force them back to their seats and thereby causing more of an issue than just letting them have fun.

Spot on,ar police cause a lot of problems as well.Way too heavy handed at times,its though they don't want you to have fun.(which in most cases they don't )especially WM coppers.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd disagree on the "it's as you are now" - currently seats are often in the blooming way if stood up. Rail seats would be locked away if the game is deemed to be okay to allow standing.
Terracing for rail seats should be perfectly spaced rather than the "quick fix" of banging plastic seats onto old terraces
Rail seating doesn't take more room and I think when in "standing" mode there are approx 3 spaces to 2 seats.
You're right about being given designated "space/seats" though
the rails are there for safety purposes so that crush barriers no longer live up to their name
Some good write ups on FSF site

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We have a version of safe standing here in the ArenA as well. Works pretty well.

KNVB-1.png

e9756ded-02f7-4c66-a4d5-7bf04c7f1ffa_image1279275563455986720.jpg
Amsterdam Wolf....Always wondered this, on the last row of the safe standing or rail seats there are 23 seats, when it’s open for standing do they allow only 23 in a row or more people?
TIA

D

Deleted member 5962

Amsterdam Wolf....Always wondered this, on the last row of the safe standing or rail seats there are 23 seats, when it’s open for standing do they allow only 23 in a row or more people?
TIA

You'll find people on the stairs, and down the front, they arent forced to stay in the seat area there. Its a set group that sit there, with a guy down the front where the stewards usually stand orchestrating them like a choir.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s not my experience from the Westfalenstadion.

In the OTT health and safety world we live in, the Germans have the answer.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No capacity increase too over in the UK.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'll find people on the stairs, and down the front, they arent forced to stay in the seat area there. Its a set group that sit there, with a guy down the front where the stewards usually stand orchestrating them like a choir.
If we had someone down the front trying to lead us like an orchestra they'd just get laughed at. I'd hate it if English football culture went like that.

Back
Top Bottom