Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Keen must have more money than sense!
If I had £1k knocking about spare, I wouldn't put it on GON being in charge on the first day of next month!!!!

If it was Judah it would make sense! Hes got a very expensive BBQ coming up at this rate!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd read nothing at all into the E&S. A loss to city and villa and the crowd will absolutely turn in that second game. In a way GON is lucky to have city next as we'd have to be really bad for the crowd to turn then.

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd read nothing at all into the E&S. A loss to city and villa and the crowd will absolutely turn in that second game. In a way GON us lucky to have city next as we'd have to be really bad for the crowd to then then.
Yep he’s had it the minute we go down to Villa and I can see Hobbs and Shi getting it too.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sacking GON so soon would reflect very badly on Hobbs and Shi. Hobbs in particular, especially after spinning us all a line on the JL situation.
Get the replacement right and all will be forgiven.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sacking GON so soon would reflect very badly on Hobbs and Shi. Hobbs in particular, especially after spinning us all a line on the JL situation.
Yep. I said this on the day he was appointed:

"My worry is that they will be far too proud to sack him when we’re bottom at Christmas and then we’ll be doomed. Hard to see any glimmer of light at all in all of this."

Didn't think it would be quite this soon but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they'd rather he took us down than quickly admit that they've colossally ****ed it.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our big problem is Guo knows little about football imo so he doesn't know if GON or Shi are doing decent jobs or not .

What we need is someone at the top that has been involved in the premier league for seasons and knows how it works .

Really sorry but O'Neil goes and these people have no clue who to appoint . If they did then we wouldn't have hired O'Neil would we. Even 93% or people on here said that when he joined and that wasn't just after last nights **** show.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our big problem is Guo knows little about football imo so he doesn't know if GON or Shi are doing decent jobs or not .
Sure, but he understands balance sheets (and can probably look at a league table) and he knows that we have lost money that Fosun have had to cover in the past. That wasnt the original plan; the plan was apparently supposed to be to make money from buying and selling players.
Yes, Covid can be blamed to some extent, but you cant blame Fabio, Guedes, Cunha, Semedo, Cutrone, Trincao (loan fee), Vitinha (loan fee) and Traore (no loan fee and no obligation to buy) on Covid, and thats the reasons why we are financially in the shi(t). and thats down to Shi.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's already this thread with 454 posts now another thread similar " Should we sack O'Neil "

Why mods have you not merged these 2 threads together?

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets be fair but realistic. 6 points more by bonfire night or its untenable. That gives us plenty of time between now and then to line up a quality replacement in time for Spurs and the break.
If he gets the wins then review again Dec 9th after 2 winnable home games in a week. We need to be heading up the table by then and not even Gary can argue if he's not had a fair crack and a share of easier games.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said a million times, if relegation means Fosun sell then let us finish 20th already.
If you could get your wish and new owners have us finish between 9th. and 16th. over the next 8 years or so, would you take that?
Would it make you happy?

What is the minimum that would make you happy from new owners?

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put yourself in their shoes top class manager teaching you how to improve your game, followed by this clown claiming to be improving things, behond a joke. I am fuming so how do the players feel
I genuinely feel for the players.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's already this thread with 454 posts now another thread similar " Should we sack O'Neil "

Why mods have you not merged these 2 threads together?
You may not believe this but there’s another Gary thread as of this afternoon……I kid you not.

Gary O’Neill’s dinner.

surreywolf

Reaction score
I know to the outside world it will look harsh to kick up against Citeh, but if the game goes to form I think Fosun will get their first taste of a toxic atmosphere. Dont really wanna suggest it or condone it but what else are the fan base meant to do when those in charge (Fosun & O’Neil) seem so blind to it all
Won’t be city but it WILL be villa

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pick the bones out of this;

“We’ll get to work with him and try to make sure he’s in a place to affect Premier League games.

“He managed to get a few chances early on but Nathan has trained extremely well and is working extremely hard, so it was important we saw him as well.”

A dominant start to the game saw Wolves take a 2-0 lead on Tuesday evening, before collapsing and throwing away their chance of progressing in the Carabao Cup.

O’Neil, clearly frustrated from his side’s showing, stayed composed as he dissected Wolves’ ‘disappointing’ result.

He added: “I thought their first goal was a sloppy one from us when we’d had a decent bit of play and nearly got Sasa in down the side and didn’t manage to lock it down quickly enough and the first goal comes from nothing.

“And they’re a decent side who haven’t lost many games over the last year and they’re a lot further along.

“You can see the understanding between all the players on the pitch and what they’re trying to do is a lot further along than ours.

“From half-time I didn’t think there was too much in it. Bents (Dan Bentley) didn’t have a lot to do and the boy has scored a worldie from a long way out.

“We huffed and puffed and created a couple of bits around the goal.

“I’m not sure if the Rayan goal is offside. He gave Fabio Silva off and it looks very tight. Obviously I’m extremely disappointed because I felt the team should be capable of winning here with the players that we had on the pitch and we fell short of that.

“When you look at goals there is always a reason, so I understand the question but there is always disappointment when you concede a goal because there is always something that wasn’t correct with decision making or structurally.

“So of course I’m disappointed with the goals and there’s an overall feeling of disappointment because we should have had enough on the pitch to come here and put in a display that gets us through to the next round.”

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you could get your wish and new owners have us finish between 9th. and 16th. over the next 8 years or so, would you take that?
Would it make you happy?

I don't care for where we finish, I am firmly in the court of having interested ownership, that'll be down to keeping the playing squad fresh to making sure Molineux doesn't look like a gust of wind can take the layers of rust off, to making sure the match day is enjoyable.

We have an ownership interested in none of the above. Playing position is nice, actually wanting the club is far more.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it make you happy?

I think what I find frustrating is that not long ago we were ahead of Villa and now look where our respective fortunes lie.
I rather think the average Villa supporter would be setting their sights above 9-16 right now, so what has been the reasoning behind their steady progress and our current demise?

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what I find frustrating is that not long ago we were ahead of Villa and now look where our respective fortunes lie.
I rather think the average Villa supporter would be setting their sights above 9-16 right now, so what has been the reasoning behind their steady progress and our current demise?
Taken over by very rich and very ambitious owners, replaced Smith with Gerrard then replaced Gerrard with Unai Emery

In that time we've replaced Nuno with Lage, replaced Lage with Lopetegui then annoyed Lop enough for him to do a runner and we replace him with Mr Baxter off Grange Hill!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The fans havent turned on mass yet. Lets see if they have full confidence in Gary when it happens, and its going to be very soon.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it make you happy?

Oh I don’t know. How about they show they care by carrying out some basic maintenance on the ground, and that they appoint some people who actually understand football to lead the club. They don’t need to spend any more money than Fosun, just spend it more wisely. Fosun have become crap. Shi is and always was incompetent. GON is a sick joke of an appointment. Wolves have become a laughing stock.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taken over by very rich and very ambitious owners, replaced Smith with Gerrard then replaced Gerrard with Unai Emery

In that time we've replaced Nuno with Lage, replaced Lage with Lopetegui then annoyed Lop enough for him to do a runner and we replace him with Mr Baxter off Grange Hill!
More like Baxter Bear.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does, but keeping him too long meaning more damage done to the playing squad and reducing our chances of survival would look far worse.

I would actually respect them more if they did remove him soon!

Shows they know they made a mistake and fixed it before a mistake became a crisis!

It would be a shock to GO as from his interviews he doesn’t know the concept of being wrong and owning up to a mistake and then being able to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom