Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard different rumours but the names frequently mentioned were:

Rob Edwards
Lee Carsley
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith
Three of them I'd back to be better than O'Neil. They might not be brilliant, but they'll be better than O'Neil

Lampard is the only one I wouldn't back to be better, and when you have Dean Smith on the list, it tells you how bad the current incumbent is

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s comments post match have really got under my skin
It isn’t a case of wanting him sacked anymore I actively dislike the man
He's created an alternative reality where he inherited a shambles. He inherited a club that had turned a corner and was in good stead. Charlatan.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Losing the away fans... It's coming to an end very quickly I'm afraid...
What was that all about, by the way? If it's true that the players wanted to applaud the fans and Bruno O'Downders pulled them away then that's one foot in the grave for him. Your away fans are far too important to alienate like that.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does this idiot keep saying he was bought in because things weren't right. He was bought in because we couldn't hold on to a good manager. No other reason
Helps to continue the leaked narrative that JL was a bad egg…. Like how they did with Nuno and Bruno too…..

Also helps his delusion and makes it easier for him to justify slagging JL off and taking potshots to shift the blame from himself to another.

He is a deluded fool, a second Nathan Jones!!!!!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the reactions to GON have been way way over the top in general. Many made their minds up before he even walked through the door.

That said, he was a poor choice for the situation we were in, being stranded on the eve of the new season. Given time he could probably do a reasonable job but currently he should be cutting his teeth in the championship not at Wolves. We don't have the luxury of giving him time and if we are not careful we are going to be in a big hole a month from now with no Julen to bail us out this time.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmmm
This is tough

Do I think it was a rushed appointment yes
Do I think he’s had time No
Do I think he’s to blame for poor prior signings selling Nunes not getting a striker etc No
Do I think Potter would be better Yes
Do I think Potter would come No and don’t even start on Big Sam
Do I think Var has cost us 3 points that would otherwise mean we could be 10th Yes
Do I know what he’s trying to do with the squad No

So the players the owners and prior recruitment take all the blame for me. The question of whether he’s the right man and whether we should sack him - objectively that depends if we can get a better manager in , that’s not warnkck or Sam or even Edwards. And I don’t think Gallardo or Potter would even contemplate it.

So unless there’s another option who is prepared to join a badly run club with no cash to spend. We need to stick with him, allow him time and despite today being poor, put in context without VAR cheat we’d probably be10th. Even with it we aren’t adrift and after selling half the squad and bringing in unproven players, not sure what we’d expect !.

But
If Potter is keen, obviously you twist
Great post.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn’t Hobbs say GON interviewed really well? Trouble is… in most industries you get people that can interview really well, but are actually a bit crap. As I’m sure is the case here… GONs limited experience should have been enough for him to not even make it to a short list for an interview in first place, never mind giving him the job… for 3yrs.
So very true!

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Don’t forget taking Hwang off and bringing a midfield holding player (Gomes) on while Enso, our £5m prodigy clicks his heels on the bench. Moronic.
Bang on mate…told you I could have gone on and did mean to put that it was laughable leaving him on the bench at half time and leaving Sarabia on the pitch!

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
" Get rid of O'Neill, get rid of Hobbs, get rid of Shi, get rid of Fosun."

I've got an idea - how about getting rid of this forum ?!! Way too much negativity.

Unless he's lost the dressing room, give O'Neill him until the end of October, surely ? Give him a chance.

As for GON saying that there was plenty wrong when he got here, I reckon that's true - apart from Neves who is beyond reproach, we had a fair few malcontents - from JL downwards !

Last edited:

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've got an idea - how about getting rid of this forum ?!! Way too much negativity.

Unless he's lost the dressing room, give O'Neill him until the end of October, surely ? Give him a chance.

I’m genuinely curious as to what you’ve seen in the first 2 months of the season that suggests to you Gaz is going to turn things round next month

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
As for GON saying that there was plenty wrong when he got here, I reckon that's true - apart from Neves who is beyond reproach, we had a fair few malcontents - from JL downwards !
Even if this were true, from the performances so far, the tactics, the game management the way GON handles himself can anyone honestly say from what’s been served up so far that he has the strength of character to be the right man for the job.

Nuno needed very little time at all to imprint his style on his team. Lopetegui came in and quickly made us hard to beat. The only thing GON has served up quickly are excuses and blaming other people.

It feels to me that he knows he is out of his depth and is floundering so tries to deflect attention away from the poor performances.

The added problem is his excuses are about as good as his tactics.

Bigcheese

Reaction score

He's had eight games and apart from the first half against the bin dippers can you honestly say we have a plan of how we play?
We have been **** poor in every game, and last night, against a second string Ipswich we play 5 at the back!
Just a shambles.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Haha. Brilliant. Comedy.

Monswolf

Reaction score
I am constantly logging on the forum now with the hope that news will break the he is going that’s how deeply unhappy with him that I am

If Fosun think that he is going to turn this around at this stage after listening to his interview last night then they are even more deranged than he is

He needs to catch himself on the reason he even has the job in the first place is because the previous manager left after being repeatedly lied to that’s it end of

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was brought in here because our owners are both potless and completely clueless and he was a) cheap and b) available. Fosun have no clue as to how to run a football club, and I’m far from convinced this bloke knows how to manage a football team. Come to think of it, is there anyone at Wolves who isn’t a complete ****ing clown?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Edwards was 100% spoken to and while Hobbs and even Shi remain at the club, I personally think it is only a matter of time before he gets the job. Whether it's after O'Neil or in 5 years time - they have a very good relationship. I think Rob would have to do something pretty catastrophic managerial wise for them to suddenly not rate him.
This is what worries me. Edwards isn't stopping us from being relegated.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the reactions to GON have been way way over the top in general. Many made their minds up before he even walked through the door.

That said, he was a poor choice for the situation we were in, being stranded on the eve of the new season. Given time he could probably do a reasonable job but currently he should be cutting his teeth in the championship not at Wolves. We don't have the luxury of giving him time and if we are not careful we are going to be in a big hole a month from now with no Julen to bail us out this time.
He isn’t even qualified for a Championship job.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One things for sure, the forum will be an interesting place if we beat Man City !

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One things for sure, the forum will be an interesting place if we beat Man City !
There is absolutely zero chance of that happening. No way GON suddenly outwits Pep lol. Putting a couple of quid on even a draw would be insanity. I think we all know an incoming tonking when we see one

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Helps to continue the leaked narrative that JL was a bad egg…. Like how they did with Nuno and Bruno too….. Also helps his delusion and makes it easier for him to justify slagging JL off and taking potshots to shift the blame from himself to another.
I would not be surprised if GON's constant veiled digs at Lopetegui have been 'encouraged' by the board to maintain a narrative that he is to blame for the present situation. Would not put it past Pinocchio at all. Note that Lop has not spoken about the Wolves situation in any interviews since. Probably has a gagging order as part of his severance, but he must be privately raging with all these cheap shots at him every time O'Neill's team loses.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t Hobbs say GON interviewed really well? Trouble is… in most industries you get people that can interview really well, but are actually a bit crap. As I’m sure is the case here… GONs limited experience should have been enough for him to not even make it to a short list for an interview in first place, never mind giving him the job… for 3yrs.
Hobbs also thought that Beale interviewed well, too.

His judgment is a serious issue.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is just so miserable and depressing. Where do we go from here?
Down, it's inevitable with FOSUN now.

Even Albion are in the process of being sold by all accounts, while we're seemingly stuck with these morons.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs also thought that Beale interviewed well, too.

His judgment is a serious issue.
In fairness to Hobbs, working for a complete set of clowns really doesn’t help, but if he genuinely thought GON was the sensible and right choice for us (as he did Beale before that), then I think its fair to ask if he too is a honking great clown?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm pretty confident he has lost the dressing room. They dont bust a gut for the bloke.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if GON's constant veiled digs at Lopetegui have been 'encouraged' by the board to maintain a narrative that he is to blame for the present situation. Would not put it past Pinocchio at all. Note that Lop has not spoken about the Wolves situation in any interviews since. Probably has a gagging order as part of his severance, but he must be privately raging with all these cheap shots at him every time O'Neill's team loses.
I’d imagine Lop just chuckles to himself as his record here speaks for itself. GO just looks like a fool going down this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom