Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talked to lots of people in Bournemouth. Asked if we’re happy with GON…..weren’t surprised by “no”……decent guy but right time to leave Bournemouth as they wanted a better manager. Good news we let a Top 6 manager walk for this guy. Do I trust Shi to replace him with someone who won’t throw toys out of pram and with any proactive tactical sense? Nope…..

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
It's clear that he is out of his depth. We brought in a manager who has had 1 managerial role prior to us which was a firefighting mission from day 1. He doesn't know anything different, and it shows in our lack of strategy, patterns of play and lack of courage in games.

I can't blame him for taking the job - but now he has taken it he has to take responsibility for what is shown on the pitch.

Out of the 12 halves of Premier league games played so far, we have won 2. Extrapolate that win % over the remaining 32 games, we are on track to win 5 games - 15 points. Let that sink in considering the players he has at his disposal - not many world beaters but enough to play in an organised way and still pose a threat to most teams.

With each passing game where we continue to look like a mess, the chances of the players believing in him is reducing. And the downward spiral, unfortunately, continues.

HessonWolf

Reaction score
Seriously, get him gone.
Never wanted him in the first place.

If we cant get anyone decent in and it has to be a big Sam type, get Mick back for me.
Its been 10 or so years, but least we will put some effort in or they wont play.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
No need to overreact tonight.

GON and his team will be analysing the match to see what went wrong / right and will hopefuly be taking those lessons into the next match.
Ha ha, I read that and thought it was a nice bit of sarcasm, then I realised it was you, so you're actually serious.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage is currently pulling his trick at Botafogo. Unbeaten when he joined them, unbeaten in his first ten games... lost his last four, offered his resignation after losing the second, going pear shaped very quickly over there

Lage and O’Neill probably aren’t too far apart.

Great coaches, with great ideas. When they have a mature group of players who work well together and gel as a unit, it works fine.

So Lage coming in at Benfica worked initially, as it did at Botafogo.

GON at Bournemouth worked well, as the squad was predominantly the promotion winning side, so knew each other well and already worked well together.

But what neither of them appear capable of doing from their time here is building a team from scratch and bringing players together to be a better sum of their parts.

That’s what we need now. We don’t have a functional group of players and haven’t for some time.

We need a manager to work out how to set us up to get the best out of our better players, like Lopetegui did second half of last season.

Not sure GON has it in him, as Lage didn’t.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to overreact tonight.

GON and his team will be analysing the match to see what went wrong / right and will hopefuly be taking those lessons into the next match.
There are so many positives .You have to learn from your losses.
And GON has taught us so much. Can’t the fans see that ? You can.
What’s not to like if you are open minded and prepared to see losses and mistakes as a positive.
Don’t you agree ?

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Rather than turn on GON now so early into his tenure we should really be getting behind him and try and take the pressure off.

Let's show him our full support in the next match rather than getting on his back.
Were all entitled to our opinion but yours is like pushing back the tide - I don't call people out often but that's not the feeling here - I'm not sure whether your being truthful or whether your a supporter from another club. However, one thing is for certain although things not hunky dorey for us at the moment and people feel down we are wolves to the core - apologies if I'm wrong but I do have my doubts about your allegiances

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Losing the away fans...

It's coming to an end very quickly I'm afraid...
That was exactly how I felt at West Ham last season. If people who devote a whole day and probably £100 to support you, decide they don't actually want to support you, then you're probably done.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather than turn on GON now so early into his tenure we should really be getting behind him and try and take the pressure off.

Let's show him our full support in the next match rather than getting on his back.
What a super idea.
I'll bear that in mind as I make my way along the A14.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Seriously, get him gone.
Never wanted him in the first place.

If we cant get anyone decent in and it has to be a big Sam type, get Mick back for me.
Its been 10 or so years, but least we will put some effort in or they wont play.

We have a winner for the most ridiculous post of the day.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if the gob****es on here will snap up your ticket ? doubt there will be too many takers for my £830 season ticket to watch a relief PE Teacher take my team into the Championship.
Would you do a discount for a pensioner? Asking for a friend

martin120863

Reaction score
SOOOO many things wrong with that tonight!
1. Picking Sarabia! Joke of a player!
2. 3 at the back and Jonny centre back again! (Although prob our best player!)
3. Taking Sasa off instead of giving him a partner!
4. Taking Hwang off!
5. Keeping 3 at the back when we need to try and score!
6. Playing Fabio on the wing!
7. Conceding 3….AGAIN!!!!

I could go on. Players body language is not good and already suggests he’s lost the dressing room….evidenced by Sasa and Sarabia’s reactions to being taken off. Please please let Shi and Hobbs being there tonight mean they were eying up McKenna and they are ordering him a glass of red with a contract next to it as we speak….I would say for a manager swap but GON isn’t even at their level…that’s how bad he is! International players being made laughing stocks is not going to go down well and they will all want out in Jan unless we sort this now!!! Grow some balls and just admit you were wrong….VERY VERY wrong!
Saturday is gonna be embarrassing!
Don’t forget taking Hwang off and bringing a midfield holding player (Gomes) on while Enso, our £5m prodigy clicks his heels on the bench. Moronic.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are you a baggies fan? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom