Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to admire our meticulous levels of planning. Leaving it to the last 3 days of the window to sort any incomings, with our sporting director not knowing whether we have any money to spend or not? A situation dependent on another club meeting our valuation for a player thats put himself on strike. Imagine being a player observing the total mess thats gone on over at Wolves this summer and being asked to join? I’d want to know my other options sharpish.

Honestly the mess Fosun have made of the club this past year or so is completely unforgivable. If we can sort 3 or 4 decent signings in the next few days I’ll be happier, but I certainly won’t be holding my breath about that. As it stands this must be one of, if not the worst ever transfer window from a premier league side. Its almost impressive. Can’t wait till Thursdays welcome to Wolves Tom Cairney/Lewis Cook video packge
It’s incredible

This shambles has been ongoing since the year after promotion when we failed to get a good enough back-up striker for raul, and any mobile centre mids

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn’t just the past year though!! We didn’t become this mess overnight……….

The signs were there and being called out by people for some time, but the mob called them “bad fans” “not the kind you want in the trenches” or telling them to go and support the villa or boggies……

Some people were just more aware or able to see the things others couldn’t through no fault of their own or chose not to!
Not saying we did become a mess overnight. Fosun been something of a mess for a number of years for sure, lots of very poor decisions, but they’ve really sent that into overdrive this past 13/14 months or so. I can totally accept us cutting our cloth a bit and all, but its the bull**** and constant calamity decision making around it thats got me. What kind of idiots put a premier league club in a position where they need to sell £150 million of players just to be able to add anyone at all to what is already a fairly small/light squad?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s incredible

This shambles has been ongoing since the year after promotion when we failed to get a good enough back-up striker for raul, and any mobile centre mids
They’ve made lots of errors, but instead of learning from them and improving things, this past 14 months or so have seen whole new levels of ineptitude, mostly on the pitch, and certainly off it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying we did become a mess overnight. Fosun been something of a mess for a number of years for sure, lots of very poor decisions, but they’ve really sent that into overdrive this past 13/14 months or so. I can totally accept us cutting our cloth a bit and all, but its the bull**** and constant calamity decision making around it thats got me. What kind of idiots put a premier league club in a position where they need to sell £150 million of players just to be able to add anyone at all to what is already a fairly small/light squad?
It sadly wasn’t sent into overdrive though, JL just opened the door and let us in with his interviews.

I was hammered on here like many others for sharing similar info that JL did in his interview last summer…..

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sadly wasn’t sent into overdrive though, JL just opened the door and let us in with his interviews.

I was hammered on here like many others for sharing similar info that JL did in his interview last summer…..
You don’t think things have taken a very sharp turn for the worse this past 13/14 months? I’m not saying they were perfect or even that great before then, but at least when they were ****ing up before they were investing, albeit the strategy for that has been mostly ridiculous

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don’t think things have taken a very sharp turn for the worse this past 13/14 months? I’m not saying they were perfect or even that great before then, but I’d argue things have taken a turn for the even worse. At least when they were ****ing up before they were investing
Sadly not, it has for many because they have only just had their eyes opened to the constant errors of fosun.

Some errors at the start were small repeated miss-steps, that signified bigger issues were going to come and come they did!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly not, it has for many because they have only just had their eyes opened to the constant errors of fosun.

Some errors at the start were small repeated miss-steps, that signified bigger issues were going to come and come they did!
Personally I’ve tried to be quite balanced with Fosun over the years. There has been plenty to criticise, and they’ve made many mistakes, but they also did some good things and were investing (albeit like idiots) and were still talking a decent game, so were given the benefit of the doubt by many. I think that seems reasonable? Now they have stopped investing and don’t particularly appear to give much a toss about what happens to us at all, save from us avoiding relegation and tanking their investment. As a result they are making even worse and more frequent poor decisions and getting pelters, which also seems reasonable to me.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet despite what’s happened, there are still people who have trust in Fosun, trust in Shi, and think it will all turn out fine. Genuinely unbelievable.
…and there are some with no spines that believe every day should be Christmas and go ape**** when life doesn’t turn out that way.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I’ve tried to be quite balanced with Fosun over the years. There has been plenty to criticise, and they’ve made many mistakes, but they also did some good things and were investing (albeit like idiots) and were still talking a decent game, so were given the benefit of the doubt by many. I think that seems reasonable? Now they have stopped investing and don’t particularly appear to give much a toss about what happens to us at all, save from us avoiding relegation and tanking their investment. As a result they are making even worse and more frequent poor decisions and getting pelters, which also seems reasonable to me.
Yes this is about where I am. But those financial decisions all seem to be being made remotely in China by people far above Shi, and subject to the vagaries of the Chinese economy. The perils of this kind of ownership, for all the great times it's given us.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes this is about where I am. But those financial decisions all seem to be being made remotely in China by people far above Shi, and subject to the vagaries of the Chinese economy. The perils of this kind of ownership, for all the great times it's given us.
Agree with this. As Johnny Phillips said in a recent article, this kind of leadership, combined with an over reliance on Mendes, meant that the club never had the proper structures in place (e.g. DOF with some authority and a clear strategy) to provide the kind of continuity and sound footballing decisions on a consistent basis.

Hence the recent **** show

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Its quite funny/alarming to see almost every Wolves twitter post now completely spammed with people posting ‘Fosun Out’. Just wait till they all see 32 year old free transfer Tom Cairney lining up in the Nunes role at Selhurst.
Most of the ones on Twitter don’t go to games anyway.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its quite funny/alarming to see almost every Wolves twitter post now completely spammed with people posting ‘Fosun Out’. Just wait till they all see 32 year old free transfer Tom Cairney lining up in the Nunes role at Selhurst.
The only barometer of feeling I get is through the match attending lads, and the sentiment is more happy for them to leave if it means we get better.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what happens when you skip all the 'learning about football' lectures, copy off Jorge's homework for three years then go into your final year learning that he's moved uni and now you actually have to do some thinking for yourself, including finishing a dissertation you don't even understand

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what happens when you skip all the 'learning about football' lectures, copy off Jorge's homework for three years then go into your final year learning that he's moved uni and now you actually have to do some thinking for yourself, including finishing a dissertation you don't even understand
Also helps when Guo benefits from gestifude profits…..

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point. If there was no intent to buy any players this window, why did we send him on loan? If things changed from that time to all of a sudden thinking we haven't got the money to get players in, then the financial bods In the club need shooting.
Wolves have top form with this kind of forward thinking. They loaned out Silva without bringing in another forward.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t Stoke have to pay all of his wages until Jan to return him early? That’s basically what a termination fee covers?

Other news from the pub.

Tom Cairney & Lewis Cook are being eyed up. Both well know to gaffa gaz (take with pinch of salt) what a friend of Shaun Derry reckons anyway.
Jeez, if there is any truth in that we are recreating last season's crap Bournemouth team. Bloody awful idea.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Exactly right. A steady decline now approaching a full circle.
Brilliant - I think that is either an Escher drawing, or you have found the secret of infinite 'energy for nothing' - just need to transfer that downward momentum in a full circle into a useful form of energy using a transducer. Cracked it!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine telling anyone back in May that we’d lose Lopetegui, Neves, Nunes, Traore, Collins, Moutinho, Costa and Raul, and that we’d sign only Doc and bring in Gary O’Neil as Head Coach, who’d then be looking at Tom Cairney and Lewis Cook with only 4 days before the end of the window? They’d have thought they were completely deranged.
How the (relatively) mighty have fallen. Looking at players Luton and Blades would probably reject.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And what survey tool did you use to gain that insightful assessment?
Was it the one where you ask the 10 people sat around you in the Pub or your ST area - "Are you on Twitter/X?"
Seems statistically robust to me.
Same agency that asked cats if they prefer Whiskers. Our cat can't stand the stuff. Doesn't mean they weren't right. ;)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a time when the owner of a football club was only interested in the football being played on the pitch
I don’t see that any more . That seems to be a byproduct of other priorities.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant - I think that is either an Escher drawing, or you have found the secret of infinite 'energy for nothing' - just need to transfer that downward momentum in a full circle into a useful form of energy using a transducer. Cracked it!
Bit early to be on the ****?

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Percisely. Most on social media are Football Virgins and post such stuff for simply trying to get clicks.
Say what you really feel lol

But fair point about some mate, I see stuff from lads I play 6-a side with and they haven’t been to a live game in close to 15 years……..

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never feel social media is particularly representative of the fanbase. I think their is a large silent majority who are probably more accepting about things. Of course second guessing any silent majority is of course a contradiction in terms.

Back
Top Bottom