Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big question is - Will Steve Madely get credit as a modern day prophet(Or a journalist with actual indsight) having released that preplanned article on Scott signing for Wolves too early (by mistake), IF Scott actually do sign? :grinning:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not questioning the source, but does the source have good, reliable history?
No one is 100% correct because things obviously change outside of control. He’s a local football agent and pal of mine. He’s close to the club as he looks after several youth players, granted not as close as when Thelwell was there who was his very close mate. This hasn’t come from out the club but from another agent he knows (it’s a very closed knit community). He’s been right on loads of things over the years
-told me about Fosun before they brought and that KJ was out
- while lambert was still here he said he was gone and a big name with some big players were coming in the summer (Nuno, neves, Jota etc soon followed)
- Told me MGW was going about 6 months before he did

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one is 100% correct because things obviously change outside of control. He’s a local football agent and pal of mine. He’s close to the club as he looks after several youth players, granted not as close as when Thelwell was there who was his very close mate. This hasn’t come from out the club but from another agent he knows (it’s a very closed knit community). He’s been right on loads of things over the years
-told me about Fosun before they brought and that KJ was out
- while lambert was still here he said he was gone and a big name with some big players were coming in the summer (Nuno, neves, Jota etc soon followed)
- Told me MGW was going about 6 months before he did

Fair. Thanks for the measured answer. Let's hope he and his mate have it right on this one too, it has much further reaching ramifications if we don't manage to get a player like Alex Scott through the door :nomouth:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair. Thanks for the measured answer. Let's hope he and his mate have it right on this one too, it has much further reaching ramifications if we don't manage to get a player like Alex Scott through the door :nomouth:
As I say, it was told to me in good faith and he’s a wolves fan himself (hence why he asks the right people the right questions) but like most things it’s subject to change. This is of No great shock to anyone but he’s told me for a good couple of months that things behind the scenes at wolves is chaotic at the moment. For obvious reasons I can’t name names but he looks after several young British lads at wolves who’ve had lots of loan interest and the club have agreed them only to withdraw them due to squad shape currently. I went for a beer with him last weekend and he was saying how he doesn’t know how Hobbs hasn’t had a heart attack with the sheer amount of work he does.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Shi wouldn’t release that letter last night if we were planning on going in with a fresh bid for Scott. I hope your mate is right, but it seems very unlikely.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair in the letter he said “less new signings” not no new signings.
Yeah I know, it would just seem odd to release that and then go and sign someone for £20m+ the next day, imo.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Surely Shi wouldn’t release that letter last night if we were planning on going in with a fresh bid for Scott. I hope your mate is right, but it seems very unlikely.
unless its a message to brizzle to stop ****ing about with the fee/payment structure

personally im indifferent to the signing i think others areas would be a far better place to spend the little money we have

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I know, it would just seem odd to release that and then go and sign someone for £20m+ the next day, imo.
I think the letter had a two fold position. 1) to obviously dampen fan’s expectations as well as saying something as he’d been criticised for saying nowt 2) an open message to the football world that we have limited budget to try and push deals over the line.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the letter had a two fold position. 1) to obviously dampen fan’s expectations as well as saying something as he’d been criticised for saying nowt 2) an open message to the football world that we have limited budget to try and push deals over the line.
Maybe, we'll see! I hope you're right. I just don't think he would have released that statement at all if we were on the cusp of signing one of our main targets for £20m, but I of course hope I am wrong.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Henderson is still injured. Plus United want the fee paid in full by Jan!!!!!

So forest cannot do it at the min
Forest are in trouble next season if they don’t get in a quality keeper.

So many games last season they should have lost by 4-5 goals, were it not for Henderson or Navas making multiple top class saves per game. It was crazy how lucky they got last season.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you keep dropping these nuggets in and walking away, and no nuggets have become anything other than fiction? is this your opinion or a claimed itk?
Not the first time the media have come out with this, no Smokey without fire

No signings I reckon he will walk. Sorry if you want a good laugh at my expense feel free

Personal opinion he won’t put his reputation on the line to be made a fool of

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No signings I reckon he will walk. Sorry if you want a good laugh at my expense feel free

I certainly don't see JL sacrificing his reputation to save Jeff Shi's face (or other parts of his anatomy, lol).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly don't see JL sacrificing his reputation to save Jeff Shi's face (or other parts of his anatomy, lol).
He’s openly said in that video with his Spanish media darling that players currently have need help

The youth he doesn’t rate much

Was it a publicity stunt? Media today saying he’s going to walk if no improvements are made

Jeff and Hobbs back from China? We can only hope they have come up with something

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

im not laughing at you at all, i’m not that sort of person.
however i do think it’s a fair point not to drop bombs like you did, that’s all.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Wouldn't walking also damage his reputation? Couldn't see out even a year in his lucrative contract because he didn't get what he wanted?

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd be angry if we get Scott and he's really ****e!

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest are in trouble next season if they don’t get in a quality keeper.

So many games last season they should have lost by 4-5 goals, were it not for Henderson or Navas making multiple top class saves per game. It was crazy how lucky they got last season.
Said exactly this a few days ago.

Also that people I know who work there how quickly the moves for Navas after the Henderson injury. They know they would have gone down without that pair

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Would be really pleased to get the Scott signing over the line. Can play centrally as an 8 or 10 and would fit one of the wide midfielder roles so would cover multiple positions. Him, a centre-back (and if I was being greedy a keeper), whilst keeping Fabio, Nunes and RAN and everything would suddenly look a lot more positive.

If we only had enough money for Scott and couldn’t get Elvedi, are there any PL centre-backs we could loan to provide adequate cover/competition. Joe Rodon?

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be really pleased to get the Scott signing over the line. Can play centrally as an 8 or 10 and would fit one of the wide midfielder roles so would cover multiple positions. Him, a centre-back (and if I was being greedy a keeper), whilst keeping Fabio, Nunes and RAN and everything would suddenly look a lot more positive.

If we only had enough money for Scott and couldn’t get Elvedi, are there any PL centre-backs we could loan to provide adequate cover/competition. Joe Rodon?
Harwood-Bellis would be a good option.

Or Chalobah now Chelsea have signed Desasi

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

There is practically no precedent for a manager quitting on the eve of a new season because he didn't get what he wanted in the transfer market. Give his propensity for whinging to the media, Lopetegui will just moan about it in every press conference in the same Conte and Rodgers did last season.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is practically no precedent for a manager quitting on the eve of a new season because he didn't get what he wanted in the transfer market. Give his propensity for whinging to the media, Lopetegui will just moan about it in every press conference in the same Conte and Rodgers did last season.
Other than Hoddle, which was 2 weeks before I think or was that when Mick was appointed. Just remember us being up the creek as SJH and Jez had done one of their no money routines and sold Lescott.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. My wife has been moaning about my behaviour for years and she hasn't left yet.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither precedent you quote exactly fills me with joy and happiness...

BuzzWolves

Groupie
Reaction score

Could see Scott in the role Hwang played against Luton. Both footed, presses really well, but a bit more composed on the ball. Nunes on the right and Scott on the left would give us great balance.

Back
Top Bottom