Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way is Corbeanu first team ready. He wasn’t a starter for MK Dons and didn’t light up League One. Why would he be ready to start in the prem?
Not remotely suggesting he should be a starter.
3rd choice.
Occasionally getting the last 10 minutes when/if we go to Lages fabled 442 type system.

And I’m commenting on redflags pub rumour of a young player having impressed and being considered a 3rd option. He suggested it might be Campbell, I’m hypothesising that it might be Corbeanu.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way is Corbeanu first team ready. He wasn’t a starter for MK Dons and didn’t light up League One. Why would he be ready to start in the prem?

In a team with better players help though surely.He was quite exciting the times I've sin him play.He's got a month to show Bruno what he can do.So who knows.Must be disheartening for these youngsters to keep being loaned out all the while.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I've heard there's someone called Boris become available, occasionally been known to find the back of the net but does spunk a lot of chances to change the game.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not remotely suggesting he should be a starter.
3rd choice.
Occasionally getting the last 10 minutes when/if we go to Lages fabled 442 type system.

And I’m commenting on redflags pub rumour of a young player having impressed and being considered a 3rd option. He suggested it might be Campbell, I’m hypothesising that it might be Corbeanu.

Based on the under 23's at end of last season, I'd rate Campbell ahead of Corbeanu. Though maybe Corbeanu is a better finisher, Campbell's all round play is very good. Unfortunately, we really need that finisher.
And for me, Bueno is now the huge prospect and would love to see him get some game time next season, in cup matches, at least.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves under 23s don't actually have a decent striker. Unless it's that young lad in the under 18s. Farmer is it, only 16/17 but built like a man already.

Nathan Fraser is the one I think you're on about. He's very promising but he isn't ready for duty just yet

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard that club shop have only a limited number of letters available to iron onto shirts.
Can’t afford to buy anymore, so someone from the University has been seconded and has written some software that analyses what stock is left against the squad names.
As stock runs out, the players with names containing the missing letters get loaned out or sold.
Seems a bit far fetched if you ask me, but seemingly we are running short of “O’s” and therefore have big problems!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs asked about Conor Coady and he has no interest. Everton also asked and even though his son is on Everton books I’m told he just laughed! Players been told 4 “senior” new faces before window closes.

MGW will be sold.

Lage I’ve been told today is not best pleased but. Also told he shrugged shoulders over Palhinha and Nunes as they “are not even close to Neves”.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the under 23's at end of last season, I'd rate Campbell ahead of Corbeanu. Though maybe Corbeanu is a better finisher, Campbell's all round play is very good. Unfortunately, we really need that finisher.
And for me, Bueno is now the huge prospect and would love to see him get some game time next season, in cup matches, at least.
Fair enough. I only watch the occasional u23 game via utube so others know more than I ; however the bits I’ve seen I had Corbeanu ahead of Campbell.... but then again I also had Perry ahead of Cundle , and that also doesn’t seem to be the common opinion!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs asked about Conor Coady and he has no interest. Everton also asked and even though his son is on Everton books I’m told he just laughed! Players been told 4 “senior” new faces before window closes.

MGW will be sold.

Lage I’ve been told today is not best pleased but. Also told he shrugged shoulders over Palhinha and Nunes as they “are not even close to Neves”.
No idea about the truth in any of that, but it made me feel better, so thanks! :)
(4 is four more than I had been expecting)

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu played out wide when I saw him for Sheffield W. early last season. Looked okay for div 1. No way is he going to be a back up striker.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MGW will be sold.

Would be surprising is Coady had “no interest” in the idea of going to spurs.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Offering less money, squad player with Dier and Winks (possibly) for competition?
Don’t see it being true anyway. Under Nuno, possibly, under Conte I doubt it

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Offering less money, squad player with Dier and Winks (possibly) for competition?
Don’t see it being true anyway. Under Nuno, possibly, under Conte I doubt it
I also don’t see it being true.
But I don’t think he’d be on less money, in fact probably much more. Not sure winks would be a problem! And spurs could easily plan to move Dier into one of the wider cb roles.
As for manager, that would be the greatest pull I’d think, Conte is welded to the idea of a back 3, Lage is potentially trying to move away from it.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MGW will be sold.

Lage won’t walk as he wouldn’t walk away from a payoff for getting sacked and he wouldn’t get a better gig elsewhere.

As much as I’d like to believe we have 4 senior players coming in I doubt it. For that to happen they’d have to be a)lined up b) want to come here and c) us have the money to buy them.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu played out wide when I saw him for Sheffield W. early last season. Looked okay for div 1. No way is he going to be a back up striker.
Think the manager may have changed formation which meant Theo didn't fit in it

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score

MGW will be sold.

If there are 4 senior new faces, why is Lage not pleased?

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MGW will be sold.

Not best pleased in general or about MGW?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on how well him and Doc get on and how often they talk - he may hear quite a lot. He was supposedly close to Nuno too....

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In general, lack of funds - because he wanted 3 players when he first came in now we are still in the same position.

So he is unhappy fosun won't directly fund the transfer anymore?

But I'm a bit confused that he rejected or was indecssive of nunes and Palhinia, reckon this was because they thought they would get a neves offer?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he is unhappy fosun won't directly fund the transfer anymore?

But I'm a bit confused that he rejected or was indecssive of nunes and Palhinia, reckon this was because they thought they would get a neves offer?
3 at the back possibly I am only reporting what someone else has told me

He was promised 3 players when he first came he is still waiting for those positions… CB, CM, Winger/Striker today my source said 4 players so let’s see what happens… in regards to Fosun funding transfers I do not know was said between them. Lage impressed during his interview with a presentation he put together showing his plan for the club

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady loves Wolves. He wants to stay here as long as possible he laughed off the idea of leaving. That should tell us enough really

tenor.gif

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO Campbell is nowhere near good enough for the first team at the moment

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the pub..

Sellars has ordered some lime green and pink Nike boots, he is reregistering as a player. ‘We’ve got Sellars, WHO? Ruben Sellars‘ I just don’t think you understand.

Jeff has spent the last week working on his left peg in the event of RAN being moved on. Living the dream. He wants either the No.2 or No.10 shirts. Shi 2 or Shi 10.

Mathew Hobbs is meeting with an Amazon tribe to check out any promising youngsters, before he lost his cell signal in the rainforest he Whatsapp’d that the BA flight was good but mid flight got asked to move back into his economy seat, the cabin pressure made him fart for England and he got to watch 2 marvel franchise movies. All good.
It surely has to be Shi7

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MGW will be sold.

Which Paulinha isn't hence why only, I repeat only Fulham were in for him

Back
Top Bottom