Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My local down the road is constantly blasting the most popular Fleetwood Mac album. It’s all I can hear.

Am I in the right thread?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Discussion or thread is what I said. This is a discussion. Thanks for your input though.
Ok so conversation turns to the rumour that the women's team is having a budget cut, but we can't discuss reasons why we might understand it or are opposed to it. You'd run a great forum mate.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are looking at the women's game in the wrong way. Stop trying to comparing it to the men version.
It's totally different on many levels (pace, physical, skill at time of play and i'd also put in stamina) its has been shown with lesser men's/youth teams betting a fully chosen womens team.

Now what we should be doing is comparing the women's game like for like from 15/10/5 years ago and YES it's improved a lot with the for mentioned attributes. This is where we need to celebrate the women game on how it's move along so quick, the opportunities young female players are getting and not being stopped at age of 13 as your not allowed to mix genders (male/female sorry) .

I for one hope the women's game improves in it's own right and it not continued to be put along side the men's game as this area is institutionalised for 100 years or more and a fair comparison will never be meet.

Go Girls! reach for the stars

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so conversation turns to the rumour that the women's team is having a budget cut, but we can't discuss reasons why we might understand it or are opposed to it. You'd run a great forum mate.
is Stourport your alter ego?
I've enjoyed reading your thoughts, but we really do need a change of topic in this thread now. best way for you to influence that is to keep quiet for a while.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll leave your posts and attitude to speak for itself.
Ditto.

Nothing worse than someone who can't admit when they're wrong.

No evidence, no disco.

In keeping with the rules of the forum I'll refrain from saying what I'd really like to say. ...

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are looking at the women's game in the wrong way. Stop trying to comparing it to the men version.
It's totally different on many levels (pace, physical, skill at time of play and i'd also put in stamina) its has been shown with lesser men's/youth teams betting a fully chosen womens team.
Agreed. These are the reasons I don't like it though, so comparisons will always be made.
Now what we should be doing is comparing the women's game like for like from 15/10/5 years ago and YES it's improved a lot with the for mentioned attributes. This is where we need to celebrate the women game on how it's move along so quick, the opportunities young female players are getting and not being stopped at age of 13 as your not allowed to mix genders (male/female sorry) .

I for one hope the women's game improves in it's own right and it not continued to be put along side the men's game as this area is institutionalised for 100 years or more and a fair comparison will never be meet.

Go Girls! reach for the stars

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
is Stourport your alter ego?
I've enjoyed reading your thoughts, but we really do need a change of topic in this thread now. best way for you to influence that is to keep quiet for a while.
I'm happy to drop it. I'm just a little put out I've been called a misogynist because my opinion isn't liked.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You have been allowed to discuss it plenty. Think I'll leave this to those who do run a great forum.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Please can someone post a rumour? Maybe even one from the pub?

I'm starting to see why the thread police get frustrated now, this is painful.
Same frustrations mate…surely somebody out in Dublin has gotta have something to put on here that they’ve heard?….wishful thinking?…On the plus side comments from Monchengladbach director sounded promising last night on Elvedi. Maybe we are all just being too impatient after all and once all the sales are made the incomings are already lined up and will follow?…

floydstreet

Reaction score
A positive is surely the fact that Alex Scott hasn’t signed elsewhere. Allegedly lots of clubs in for him, but now all quiey

Instinctively think and hope that means we’ve agreed with player and therefore they are waiting for us to be in a position to pursue. Time will tell.

Interesting Ward Prowse offers around £20m, they want more but he looks good value

Kennedy

Reaction score
Same frustrations mate…surely somebody out in Dublin has gotta have something to put on here that they’ve heard?….wishful thinking?…On the plus side comments from Monchengladbach director sounded promising last night on Elvedi. Maybe we are all just being too impatient after all and once all the sales are made the incomings are already lined up and will follow?…
What comments re Elvedi? I missed that, god knows how cos I'm addicted to my phone during the transfer window. Cheers

Kennedy

Reaction score
A positive is surely the fact that Alex Scott hasn’t signed elsewhere. Allegedly lots of clubs in for him, but now all quiey

Instinctively think and hope that means we’ve agreed with player and therefore they are waiting for us to be in a position to pursue. Time will tell.

Interesting Ward Prowse offers around £20m, they want more but he looks good value
Did you see Callum Hudson Odoi available at £4M?? That looks a great deal to me....

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
An update on my earlier post on wolves women and possible financial difficulties - I understand from my itk source that the women have since been told:

proposed pay increases that were promised for going full time won't happen

they will not now be going full time.

Contract extensions promised again not happening -

only essential costs will be covered.told to enable the team to function and at least be competitive

This probably is already out there but my itk source understands fosun are open to selling lock stock and barrell but no figure quoted but believed to be in excess of £500m. There is some potential interest but not anything concrete and no idea from where

Also if the right offers come in for killman and nunes they will go.

again don't shoot the messenger

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
500m? About twice what we'd sell for imho.

I don't like how fosun appeat to have a track record of reneging on contract promises etc, and particularly for those on lower incomes such as the women's team.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An update on my earlier post on wolves women and possible financial difficulties - I understand from my itk source that the women have since been told:

only essential costs will be covered.told to enable the team to function and at least be competitive

This probably is already out there but my itk source understands fosun are open to selling lock stock and barrell but no figure quoted but believed to be in excess of £500m. There is some potential interest but not anything concrete and no idea from where

More chance of me getting noshed off by Margot Robbie than someone paying £500m

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how this isn’t so quick to be moved
Tell me about it. I get several posts stealth removed because of an argument over Semedo's valuation on the transfers thread - some extraneous nonsense about alleged misogyny is allowed to rumble on for over 24 hours and completely derail the pub rumours thread...

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apologies should proof read before posting meant £300m

Correct. 300 is what Fosun do/would want.

People can calm down a wee bit tho. Thats what they wanted a year ago, too, and they still put in the work to sign JL and his January targets. My point being: Fosun have been open to a sale for a long time. Figures have been discussed. But they’re not pulling the plug in the meantime. The FFP line is true, not in ‘we CAN’T SPEND BECAUSE OF FFP’ but in ‘we won’t spend until we’ve ticked all boxes because we don’t know what the FFP punishment is until Everton is solved.’ Wolves will spend money before the window closes. Same as last summer when the club was also for sale.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They’re not selling at £500m. Laughable.

Edit: just seen the amendment. Even so, £300m? No chance.

GV Wolf

Reaction score

Just when we were starting talk about something else other than selling the club - now 5 more pages of this.

Back
Top Bottom