Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rugby Union

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know whether there is a rugby thread on here but congratulations to Worcester for managing to stay in the Gallagher Premiership for yet another season by virtue of beating Gloucester today.
Every season seems to be a relegation struggle, but hopefully things might improve due to the recent change in ownership.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might not be a problem soon if they end up ring fencing the top league.

It's a shame for Newcastle too though, last season they looked like they were starting to turn the corner after a few seasons of struggling. I was hoping Leicester would go down!

M

merseawolf

Is it true that Rugby in the UK is for posh people? :D
I am no particular fan of rugby union. Never played it at my comprehensive school and don’t really understand the rules.
I go to visit my brother in Devon who takes me to Exeter Chiefs where he is now a ST holder and I got to say it’s a great day out. The beer and pasties everyone mingles at the bars at the ground and many stay on long after the game in the wigwam bar it really is great.
The other side of it is i drive a couple of rich mates for the Internationals at Twickenham where they take in the Corperate stuff and I hang about and get them home. Seems to me that it’s very much geared towards this kind of client. Maybe I am wrong but i think it’s not a cheap day out at Twickenham

M

merseawolf

Is it true that Rugby in the UK is for posh people? :D
I am no particular fan of rugby union. Never played it at my comprehensive school and don’t really understand the rules.
I go to visit my brother in Devon who takes me to Exeter Chiefs where he is now a ST holder and I got to say it’s a great day out. The beer and pasties everyone mingles at the bars at the ground and many stay on long after the game in the wigwam bar it really is great.
The other side of it is i drive a couple of rich mates for the Internationals at Twickenham where they take in the Corperate stuff and I hang about and get them home. Seems to me that it’s very much geared towards this kind of client. Maybe I am wrong but i think it’s not a cheap day out at Twickenham

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I played it all through secondary school and never really understood the rules either.
Our PE teacher was the England U-19 coach and he picked the initial team based on size and a running session. No mention of rugby skills, i don't even think we had a ball to play with.
I got put in the centres, the fat lads were in the front of the scrum, the real sportsmen were around the breakdown doing all the hard work and scrapping, the fastest two were on the wing. Never once did we ever practice anything creative (or were encouraged to), never once did anybody try and teach us to enjoy the game, it was all discipline, shouting, regimented running and passing, trying to form an unpenetrable wall and marching slowly up the pitch like an advancing army. That's what England do better than anybody, but we lack so much in talent it's embarrassing.
I watched an interview with Andrew Mehrtens, the Kiwi great. He was really praising England under Eddie Jones, saying they'd reverted to type and looked like an immensely powerful team. When asked if they could win the World Cup he said something like
"No chance. When they play against the very best teams, everybody knows they won't be able to match up with running fast enough and passing accurately because their natural skill base doesn't run that deep, because they all kicked soccer balls and never fell in love with a rugby ball at 5 years old".

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way it is portrayed over here is Rugby is for the posh folk, league is working class northerners and football is for the hooligans :D

D

Deleted member 4456

Don't know whether there is a rugby thread on here but congratulations to Worcester for managing to stay in the Gallagher Premiership for yet another season by virtue of beating Gloucester today.
Every season seems to be a relegation struggle, but hopefully things might improve due to the recent change in ownership.
I have my concerns. Some of the people involved have connections to the shambles at Hereford United. Recruitment ahead of the new campaign looks bang average at best, and the best players in the squad are all leaving en-masse. Anything other than finishing bottom will be a result next season.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rugby's not just for posh people.
Just hack from saracens Gloucester and it was great! Bbq's and beer stands all around the ground, free buses from tube station, mixed fans and after game stuff. Its different to football and it's no where near like going to molineux or away games, but great sporting experience. And after the game the players hang around and talk to fans.
Rugby 7s at Twickenham will be great too!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the Premiership Final. What a special player Maro Itoje is he like all exceptional sportsmen stepped up and took the game over when Exeter lead by 27 - 16 and took the game away from the Chiefs.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Just watched the Premiership Final. What a special player Maro Itoje is he like all exceptional sportsmen stepped up and took the game over when Exeter lead by 27 - 16 and took the game away from the Chiefs.
It was a great game .I always support the Chiefs from afar.

Back
Top Bottom