Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Vinagre

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Florentino looks like he's going to be a monster, him and Neves be a great pairing.

I'm not sure if I dislike his confidence, I want players with that kind of edge.. broadcasting it makes him look a bit of a knobhead though.

I don't mind ferro, I think he's got something and showed briefly.
Ferro is the one I'm least opinionated on. I really don't think Nuno Tavares or Tomas Tavares would be good enough, and thankfully as they're both fullbacks, I don't think we'll need them or go in for them.

Ferro is a bit of a tough one, Benfica fans don't rate him and say he was made to look good next to Dias, but then at the same time Lage did get a tune out of him so who knows? I wouldn't mind Ferro being brought in, as long as he's not our main CB arrival I think

D

Deleted member 11332

Ferro is the one I'm least opinionated on. I really don't think Nuno Tavares or Tomas Tavares would be good enough, and thankfully as they're both fullbacks, I don't think we'll need them or go in for them.

Ferro is a bit of a tough one, Benfica fans don't rate him and say he was made to look good next to Dias, but then at the same time Lage did get a tune out of him so who knows? I wouldn't mind Ferro being brought in, as long as he's not our main CB arrival I think

Probably my opinion too re ferro. I think it's fair comment re Dias and easier to look good next to a player of his class but he often outperformed Dias when I see them. Looked the better player. Difficult evaluation.

Reaction score
Always liked vinagre and think he’ll do well wherever he ends up, even if he stays with us. RAN does seem to be better all round although I hope his strength and fitness improves with a new manager/coaches. Don’t want him lying on the floor while we concede any next season!

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
given the age of Pepe and Fonte, he could well find himself being groomed to join Dias in the national team. If this is a possibility then why not!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports that Vinagre will be loaned to Sporting with either an option or an obligation to buy after a year. Doesn't make any sense for me. Either sell now and use the funds for new blood or use as a bargaining chip in a swap/cash deal. (Suggestions that Sporting want him because Nuno Mendes is wanted by one of the Manchester clubs also don't make much sense as City have cover in abundance and Utd only bought Telles last year).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports that Vinagre will be loaned to Sporting with either an option or an obligation to buy after a year. Doesn't make any sense for me. Either sell now and use the funds for new blood or use as a bargaining chip in a swap/cash deal. (Suggestions that Sporting want him because Nuno Mendes is wanted by one of the Manchester clubs also don't make much sense as City have cover in abundance and Utd only bought Telles last year).
Apparently its not as far done as is being reported.... There is a rumour he is in quarantine in England before pre season training with us begins..............I can't see him moving till we either sign rayan or another left back myself...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might not have any choice if his potential suitors don’t have the cash now. A loan with an obligation to buy might be the best we can do to secure a price we feel is acceptable. If not, Lage will need to make use of him in our squad and likely that means RAN wouldn’t be converted into a purchase this summer.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Surely these clubs have players we could try and do some sort of swap deal with rather than just loan him out again when we need to be clever in the market this summer?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently its not as far done as is being reported.... There is a rumour he is in quarantine in England before pre season training with us begins..............I can't see him moving till we either sign rayan or another left back myself...

I think he has got to be kept here at present as we only have Marcal as a left back and we all know that he cant be relied on unfortunately.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely these clubs have players we could try and do some sort of swap deal with rather than just loan him out again when we need to be clever in the market this summer?
Exactly. I was thinking he could be used in a cash + swap for (e.g.) Pahlinha or Vinicius.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam keen seems to think the clause in the vinagre loan is that he is sold permanently to sporting lisbon if they don't get relegated.

Sporting lisbon fans on their forum believe they can return him if he doesn't breach 25 appearances.

I am worried it is the latter. 7.5 million is a lot for him, and the fee funds ait nouri.

Also if he is sold we have a 50 per cent sell on clause. Maybe we can get one of those euro mendes sales where he goes for an inflated fee.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam keen seems to think the clause in the vinagre loan is that he is sold permanently to sporting lisbon if they don't get relegated.

Sporting lisbon fans on their forum believe they can return him if he doesn't breach 25 appearances.

I am worried it is the latter. 7.5 million is a lot for him, and the fee funds ait nouri.

Also if he is sold we have a 50 per cent sell on clause. Maybe we can get one of those euro mendes sales where he goes for an inflated fee.
Sporting let their main left-back, Nuno Mendes, go to PSG this summer so even if the mandatory purchase clause is appearance based, we should have no problems I'd imagine.

He's already started 6 out of 8 matches so far in the league for them, with an additional start in the champions league against Ajax.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got dropped after ajax and the fans have singled him out like we did with stephen ward

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam keen confirms on his podcast that the 7.5 million loan to buy clause is dependent on sporting lisbon staying up rather than reaching 25 appearances.

The sporting lisbon forum don't rate him and are hopefully wrong in their belief they only have to buy him if a certain appearance criteria is met.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he injured as he hadn't been in the squad fur a least a couple of weeks.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always think loan to buy depending on games is open to manipulation.

Early 1960's my local non league team had a deal with a football league club whereby if a player it signed reached a certain number of games the league club would pay a further £50K. Lo and behold one game before the threshold he did not make another appearance. A few weeks later he was transferred to a First division team for a massive fee and went on to play many times for his adopted country.

Back
Top Bottom