Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

T

TheConcourse

Why would he stay? Absolute career suicide.

Not a good look for the captain of a team to be sending these messages either.

Let’s be honest, it’s all fallen to ****.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He doesn't exactly carry us to results like tielemens or Bruno g. I think he is a bit overhyped by us.
I have always been of the same opinion. Great player for us on many occasions, no doubt but I have also seen him have some absolute shockers.

We all know money talks and if he was that highly rated by others, would have gone long ago. Been/is, a great servant to the club but not irreplaceable Imo.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would/will be gutted to see Neves leave. However I think a midfield pairing of Nunes & Traore could work really well.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben deserves a move like this, in fairness, but the fee needs to reflect his brilliance.

We seem to be the club that does the best for the departing players like we a a charity. We could do with stopping that.

R

reanswolf

Cannot blame Ruben one bit, we've gone backwards and he has been a legend for us.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves deserves to play in a better team . Will be gutted if he goes as the players left well no point even trying to compare them really as not good enough imo.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't say I was a fan of him flirting with Barca in his interview at Compton the other night either. Club captain, all he had to say was "I'm focused on Wolves" and leave it there.

Can understand him wanting out, he can do so much better than us right now but at the same time we're in a rut and need all hands on deck.
While I agree with above, it’s worth adding that Neves has been very loyal to Wolves and straight-batted these questions in countless interviews before. The fact he’s now openly showing some proverbial leg and flirting with a move away says less about him imo and more about the shambles we are off the pitch.

I saw an interview earlier this season when Coady’s name was brought up and he seemed to be struggling to control his emotions to me at least, similar to when Nuno left. Honestly if I were him I’d be pretty cheesed off too

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have thought a sensible business approach would be to sell him on the open market in January, if indeed he is to be sold, rather than do a deal with one club (a club that seems to only participate with us on their own terms).

Neves will get game time in the world Cup. If he has a good tournament his value will rise.

For an agent that has more connections than any other, we seem to limit our options from Wolves pof. Yet when it comes to Ronaldo, he seems to travel the four corners of the earth to get the right deal. Very strange.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although i love Neves as a player i do think hes overhyped by many
We all know his talent and desire, and im sure he would flourish in Spain where the tempo is slower, and if its Barca he will be surrounded by class players
That said im sure hes replaceable,he doesnt score that often,his passing isnt anywhere near the level it was a few years back,and he hasnt got real pace
Im not in any way trying to knock him or indeed want him to go,but these are facts and he isnt the stand out player he was with us

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We all know his talent and desire, and im sure he would flourish in Spain where the tempo is slower, and if its Barca he will be surrounded by class players
That said im sure hes replaceable,he doesnt score that often,his passing isnt anywhere near the level it was a few years back,and he hasnt got real pace
Im not in any way trying to knock him or indeed want him to go,but these are facts and he isnt the stand out player he was with us
I agree with the pace bit but that’s about all. He’s pretty much our best player every week and, believe me, we’ll notice the difference when he’s gone

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
New players, old players, players we would like those we don’t.
Rule number one.
You have to learn to pee with the **** you have got.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Don’t think he’s over-rated at all. For me, for the role he plays, he is the top bracket of players in the League and would walk into most of the top six midfields.

He’s outgrown us unfortunately and is now at the age where he has to move for the sake of his career. We’ve had him for far longer than we had any right to really and he will rightly go down as the iconic Wolves player of this era.

Still don’t think we should be allowing interviews at Compton where he gets to flutter his (beautiful) eyelashes at Barcelona though

Last edited:

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can you provide stats for passing as the results I have seen show this is his best season for us so far.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have signed Palhinha as his replacement. Would have been a great addition to the squad and a bargain at the price, particularly in view of the fact that we got rid of Coady, Saiss, and Donk.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have signed Palhinha as his replacement. Would have been a great addition to the squad and a bargain at the price, particularly in view of the fact that we got rid of Coady, Saiss, and Donk.
You'd have to ask Lage why Palhinha wasn't signed. Appeared to be exactly what we needed alongside Neves and a solid addition in the event of Neves' departure.

We're lucky Neves' has stayed this long, but I rather foolishly thought he may now be tempted to stay beyond this season. The ****show that is entirely of Shi's making means he'd be committing career suicide by staying...

...unless we're able to get a top name in as head coach to arrest the fall and persuade our bigger names to stay. It's the hope that kills ya.

Back
Top Bottom