Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bent carousel hasn't done Barca a favour for a few months. They must be due one tbf.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes gives .....and he takes away. That is and has been the reality.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s off don’t blame him we’re a sinking ship hopefully he takes Hwang & Raul with him

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes £45m, Neves £16m. I accept there are contract differences but it’s hardly surprising that fans hold Shi and Mendes in contempt. It’s hard not to conclude Mendes is getting a better deal than season ticket holders.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes £45m, Neves £16m. I accept there are contract differences but it’s hardly surprising that fans hold Shi and Mendes in contempt. It’s hard not to conclude Mendes is getting a better deal than season ticket holders.
One year left on his deal in the summer. Think we’ll get more than £16m but not a huge amount more.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One year left on his deal in the summer. Think we’ll get more than £16m but not a huge amount more.
So we keep him, get more in the summer and he plays another 20 games for us?! Even Liz Truss could work out which is the better deal!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we keep him, get more in the summer and he plays another 20 games for us?! Even Liz Truss could work out which is the better deal!
No because he’ll go on loan in January.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had him for six years, how much longer did you expect him to stay? He deserved to leave in the summer. And what favours did we do him? Signing our best full back from them?

Of course he's due to go and I don't begrudge him it for a second. Let's just see what the fee is first.

Last favour to Barca? The bonkers Traore deal. And it's debatable whether Semedo is our best FB, maybe, maybe not. Either way the other favour was a fee inflated by circa 10m. Unless you think the 28m odd was a fair figure?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see Wolves letting Neves go in January. We would surely be relegated and, not only would Shi lose his job, but he would be hung, drawn and quartered.
Really don't think there will be any option. It will be damage limitation at best. It was planned for him to go in summer and most of our current problems are probably down to that plan not working out.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he's due to go and I don't begrudge him it for a second. Let's just see what the fee is first.

Last favour to Barca? The bonkers Traore deal. And it's debatable whether Semedo is our best FB, maybe, maybe not. Either way the other favour was a fee inflated by circa 10m. Unless you think the 28m odd was a fair figure?
He was an established Portuguese international full back that started regularly for them, I don't think it was a significant overpay. We sold Doherty for £13m in the same summer, so effectively he cost us £15m, which I think is reasonable.

Traore deal was a mess I agree, but I put that more down to the incompetence of those at the top rather than on Mendes, akin to the Coady for a year then pay £4m because you've been a good servant. Traore even off the bench was more valuable to us than the chance that skint Barca would pay the optional fee for him.

I think with 18-12 months left on his deal, he'll probably go for £25-30m, and we should wish him well and thank the heavens we don't have to play against him given his cult hero status here.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What investment company openly tries to sell its high profile investment and expects to get top dollar for it. I can understand other clubs trying to buy Neves but its absolute bonkers letting Mendes make money while we sink like a ship. Yes has brought us some good players and some duds aswell but I wonder how much we would have if we had not paid him for all the deals he has profited from.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£100 mil or **** off. We haven't forgotten how you stiffed us on Traore.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What investment company openly tries to sell its high profile investment and expects to get top dollar for it. I can understand other clubs trying to buy Neves but its absolute bonkers letting Mendes make money while we sink like a ship. Yes has brought us some good players and some duds aswell but I wonder how much we would have if we had not paid him for all the deals he has profited from.
We are sinking due to crap decisions from Shi and Sellars not because of Mendes.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To lose Neves would leave a massive void in performance and leadership. It makes the situation with Coady seem even more poorly planned. If the path was being cleared for Ruben, surely it would be with a view to extending his contract?

Also Barca have de Jong, Busquets, Gavi, Pedri (2 of the best central midfielders around even as kids) and Kessie already. Even with Busquets going Neves would struggle to play - Kessie is hardly getting a game and he is class.

I used to love Barca but their greed and disregard for financial fair play is a joke. They are like a fat guy at an all you can eat and I hope that they keep going til they explode. Given they’ve dropped out of the UCL (effectively) which they were relying on for their financial gamble, that may happen sooner rather than later. Here’s hoping.

Last edited:

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose when he leaves the happy clappers will sat he wanted to go blah blah blah .

No ambition to push us up the league equal players leaving

Anglostone

Reaction score
Have seen a fee of £16M quoted on another site. That would be par for the course with Dumb and Dumber.

If thats accurate thats about a quarter of what we should be getting for this legend of our club, I understand he has to be playing in the CL at some point soon—he's too good not to be—but atleast wait til the summer and at least demand they match his transfer value! Barcelona are underpaying and overcharging for everyone these days and their financial situation is ridiculous, if we have to sell him we should be setting a hard line, I would be loath to do business with them

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't say I was a fan of him flirting with Barca in his interview at Compton the other night either. Club captain, all he had to say was "I'm focused on Wolves" and leave it there.

Can understand him wanting out, he can do so much better than us right now but at the same time we're in a rut and need all hands on deck.

Reaction score
Can't say I was a fan of him flirting with Barca in his interview at Compton the other night either. Club captain, all he had to say was "I'm focused on Wolves" and leave it there.

Can understand him wanting out, he can do so much better than us right now but at the same time we're in a rut and need all hands on deck.
Exactly... I love Neves to bits. Deserves better than us, and should have gone in the last window. But the club captain, giving that interview, in the state we are in? What message does that send to the fans, and the rest of the players, when the team are up against it?

Very poor.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly... I love Neves to bits. Deserves better than us, and should have gone in the last window. But the club captain, giving that interview, in the state we are in? What message does that send to the fans, and the rest of the players, when the team are up against it?

Very poor.
What others have said many players got an eye on their next move?? Poor indeed

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's gone in January, no doubt at all in my mind. We really screwed this up

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to many on here, Neves was a cert to go last Summer.

So, I'm taking this with a bucketful of salt.

Whenever he goes - and he's lasted SIX seasons with us, including playing in the Championship at a much lower level than his talents deserved - he'll leave with my best wishes.

Hell of a team player for us, whatever happens from now on.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we will lose him in January, in this season that keeps on giving :rolleyes: no doubt we will replace him with a 16 year old from Portugal

Back
Top Bottom