Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Amorim

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Means nothing. He's not favourite on Paddy Power for example. Isn't it well-documented that he has a £30m release clause and considering Sporting CP paid £10m to bring him in, they're going to want most of/all that.

Would say there's next to no chance of this happening.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, not happening. Think this is because a journalist has suggested we’ve been in discussions about him long term.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he plays exclusively 343.

There's nothing wrong with 3-4-3 if done right! It does require more footballing brains in the players, due to the movement involved. And high quality wing backs and.. If we could have taken the Championship 3-4-3 to Premier League level, all would be fine. No lack of goals and so on. Took us to 7th twice.

Our problems really aren't formation. They are not managing player succession and evolution too well. Depending on one or two players with no back up, while collecting others in places we don't need. No significant outlay for 3 seasons then totally pulling the rug from under everybodies feet. And getting a manager just not good enough to make that progression.

For a non-Big 6 team, a counter-attacking 3-4-3 is a good formation, because you can pick off those Sky 6 clubs, as we did, without having too spend billions on superstar strikers. You just need to build on it to hammer the lower teams, too. And become resilient to injuries. And not play at a pedestrian pace.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won the league impressively in his first season and not as good the following year. Does Amorim remind you of anyone?

He could be a top-notch manager but it is a risk. Sporting hadn't won the league since 2001-2 and finished 4th in 2019-20, so to win the title the following year only losing one game is a pretty impressive feat. They had a decent squad on paper, but not amazing by any means.

Upside is he could be the next Pep. Downside is he has no real experience of adversity, no experience outside of Portugal and cut little ice in Europe (first season lost at home to LASK Linz, second season was better as got out of the CL groups), but probably not worth holding that against him given the resources at his disposal.

AFAIK only ever played with a back 3 at Sporting.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be able to get the best up of Nunes for sure

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joking aside would have been a MILES better option than Guedes. Same fee basically, way younger, better pedigree and experience of the league. One of the many errors we've made in the transfer market.
It was hard to judge any player under Bruno fairly.....will reserve judgement on Guedes cause I think he is good player....think trincao suffered from what Bruno was asking him to do...

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Opening show means nothing. It just shows where the money is going - if he was installed as early 1/10F then maybe it would be a goer

I'm not saying flat out it won't be him. But next manager betting odds mean nothing usually, until somebody goes crazy odds on, which is almost instantly followed by the book being closed

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joking aside would have been a MILES better option than Guedes. Same fee basically, way younger, better pedigree and experience of the league. One of the many errors we've made in the transfer market.

completely disagree. Trinaco looked bad playing for Barca. Geudes was Valencia only shinning lights for years. Trinaco will never succeed in the prem. too small, too timid and scared of contact.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes is too slow and too weak. Trincao was starting to find his feet towards the end of the season. Guedes has looking appalling so far.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Means nothing. He's not favourite on Paddy Power for example. Isn't it well-documented that he has a £30m release clause and considering Sporting CP paid £10m to bring him in, they're going to want most of/all that.

On the face of it, I agree with you completely.

£10M for Sporting is ridiculous money. They had a fire sale a few years ago when they failed to qualify for the CL. They're a selling club like all Portuguese clubs...

Which leads me to think, Mendes has persuaded them to spend big (10M) on Amorim because he can triple that investment in a few years. It's exactly the jiggery pokery Mendes would have us involved in - so maybe not beyond the realms of possibility.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name a single good thing Guedes has done.
An assist v Newcastle for a start. A great ball to Nunes to set up Podence v Southampton.

We’ve only scored theee goals so you can say that most of our players have been ****.

He will have ten times the season that Trincao had for us. Trincao was a lightweight bottler.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes is too slow and too weak. Trincao was starting to find his feet towards the end of the season. Guedes has looking appalling so far.
I think both those 2 show that we focus too much on overseas players. There's players in the English game who would be better buys.

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Maybe so but did you say the same about Nunes?

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
If we went home grown, is Dyche the only option. Good ambassador for the club? Popular or not? Always liked the bloke but unlikely I guess

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy is only a couple of years older than Mouts, and I think he would have been in a few Portugal squads with him too. I wonder how well they get on?

L78

Reaction score
I think both those 2 show that we focus too much on overseas players. There's players in the English game who would be better buys.
To late now we've been dealt our hand got to get on with it most people were loving it when he signed even though most valencia fans were saying not bothered if he went

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trincao was starting to find his feet towards the end of the season (a 38 game season I presume) … your words.

Guedes is afforded the luxury of the first 8 games for the same comparison.

You my friend are NOT a moron … (if I said you were I would be moderated)

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao was starting to find his feet towards the end of the season (a 38 game season I presume) … your words.

Guedes is afforded the luxury of the first 8 games for the same comparison.

You my friend are NOT a moron … (if I said you were I would be moderated)

Trincao at least showed a little in his first few games. Chem Campbell makes Guedes look like Messi. Amazing people cannot see it.

Back
Top Bottom