Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rooney

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine who supports Birmingham City and is a regular at St. Andrew’s is convinced that the players just downed tools. They liked Eustace, and disliked the way Rooney criticised them in the media. You can be the best manager in the world, but if the players aren’t with you then it can only end badly.
That's more or less what happened with Cloughie at Leeds, he never liked them, criticized them heavily before he joined and continued after. They never fully played for him once and so 44 days later.....

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's more or less what happened with Cloughie at Leeds, he never liked them, criticized them heavily before he joined and continued after. They never fully played for him once and so 44 days later.....

Clough joining Leeds was only going to end one way. Surely someone must have told him that he was not wanted by the Leeds players, particularly Billy Bremner, who openly criticised the appointment. Maybe Clough‘s ego was such that he thought he could succeed at Elland Road. He never had a hope of doing so.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe Gerrard hasn't been mentioned for this job . Right up his street knows the area and surely would take them to division 1

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And especially his dislike of Revie which he pushed down their throats.

Last edited:

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not a football manager, or ever likely to be one!! :) But on the basis that I would assume being the manager of a football club requires intellect, an ability to communicate, to inspire, to lead by example and form relationships where there is two way respect….i am not surprised that granny ****ger, serial cheater, dumb ass, illiterate Wayne is falling flat on his big fat ****.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not a football manager, or ever likely to be one!! :) But on the basis that I would assume being the manager of a football club requires intellect, an ability to communicate, to inspire, to lead by example and form relationships where there is two way respect….i am not surprised that granny ****ger, serial cheater, dumb ass, illiterate Wayne is falling flat on his big fat ****.
Don't hold back Thor

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I mentioned elsewhere there was a Blues fan a few weeks ago on the BBC WM phone in show who said " If you buy a car and it is running well the last thing you do is strip out the spark plugs ! " Ironic is it not that " If ain't broke don't fix it " is an American expression and yet Birmingham's American owners went exactly against that advice when they fired John Eustace.
Something like the third time various Blues owners have done that. None of them ended well lol....

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's amazing how many good players tend to be pretty rubbish managers. Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney are the case in point.
I think it was Peter Beardsley who said he wouldn't be a manager because the players weren't good enough to play and think like he thought they should do

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha, Nathan Jones 25/1, he's been gone too long.

:cool:
If l was cynical l would expect Rob Edwards to get a better job when Luton valiantly fail to stay up and Jones to go back there. He's cheap for a start....

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clough joining Leeds was only going to end one way. Surely someone must have told him that he was not wanted by the Leeds players, particularly Billy Bremner, who openly criticised the appointment. Maybe Clough‘s ego was such that he thought he could succeed at Elland Road. He never had a hope of doing so.

And especially his dislike of Revie which he pushed down their throats.

FB_IMG_1704220390184.jpg

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many of the players were over the hill and knew that Cloughie would be looking to replace most of them.... Don Readies never learnt that lesson from Bill Shankley.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice to finally hear from the Chair of the Shrek Fan Club....

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something like the third time various Blues owners have done that. None of them ended well lol....

Spot on ! I have a great mate who is a Blues fan and to help people out who are less fortunate than myself where possible I invite Wardie round to watch if they are on Sky !!!

He says that back in 1982 they had a good side under the Bald Eagle Jimmy Smith and where happily around the middle of the pack in the old First Division with a side that featured Frank Worthington, Archie Gemmill and Colin Todd as well as some other useful players. Ron Saunders became available after falling out with the Villa Board so they fired Jim Smith and appointed the man who is a Wolves legend for deciding Steve Bull would never cut it as football league striker ( He also gift wrapped us Ally Robertson, Andy Thompson and Robbie Dennison ! ) The Blues were relegated the following season.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to go for Marsch, another big gamble. They should get someone who knows the league like Cooper but I doubt he would fancy it at this juncture, Mowbray would be the best.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Apart from that he is a good manager… :)

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing about it makes sense. You sack a manager who had you in the play off places and who had found a style of play to suit a squad and team that was extremely limited talent wise but who were obviously running through brick walls for him. Then you bring in a big name and order him to change the style of football, to one the squad he has is completely unsuited to, but you sack him when it inevitably goes tits up without even giving him a single transfer window to bring in players he wants that would suit the style you want him to play.

Madness!

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing about it makes sense. You sack a manager who had you in the play off places and who had found a style of play to suit a squad and team that was extremely limited talent wise but who were obviously running through brick walls for him. Then you bring in a big name and order him to change the style of football, to one the squad he has is completely unsuited to, but you sack him when it inevitably goes tits up without even giving him a single transfer window to bring in players he wants that would suit the style you want him to play.

Madness!

That pretty much sums it up.

Loved the statement “results didn’t meet expectations “

I’d suggest that they did meet expectations if you look into Rooney’s record as a manager.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Anyone heard the clip of Rooney’s son gobbing off about Blues being rubbish? Quite funny how he refuses to blame his dad (understandable) but calls the players useless and says John Ruddy is overweight.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone heard the clip of Rooney’s son gobbing off about Blues being rubbish? Quite funny how he refuses to blame his dad (understandable) but calls the players useless and says John Ruddy is overweight.

Is it real?

It also says they were going to sign Raul Jimenez....

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will probably be available shortly as well.....
And look what Emery has done with Villa since Gerrard left.

I've always wondered what makes a good manager. What is it that the likes of Emery do that the likes of Gerrard do not do that makes the difference.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it that the likes of Emery do that the likes of Gerrard do not do that makes the difference.

I think it's that Emery's tactical thoughts go a bit beyond "try harder, run more, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY", unlike Gerrard.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing that vile club deserve more than finishing somewhere between 12th to 20th in the Championship every season. It doesn't even give them the opportunity to go down and potentially enjoy a season of winning most weeks and discover a rejuvenation as other sides have done.

Steve Cooper would be a good appointment though. I expected him to rock up at Crystal Palace at some point this season.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He's actually not a dumbass... just Scouse. And unfortunately there is no cure for that.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've always wondered what makes a good manager. What is it that the likes of Emery do that the likes of Gerrard do not do that makes the difference.
I think in Emery's case, it's the detail he puts in first and foremost. Gerrard has no tactical ability whatsoever, and so he can't really tweak details in a meaningful way. Emery, much like GON, adds a ton of nuance to his gameplans to get his players to adjust their positions at various times and otherwise get the fine margins right.

This is why I think a guy with a career like Gaz is in a better position than Gerrard or Rooney...Gaz spent twenty years bouncing between the Premier League and the Championship from age 16 more or less....he knows in his bones what makes the difference between the two levels, and what makes the guys at the top of the Prem just too good for a player on the edge of Premier League / Championship to handle. He can evaluate players with a better eye, in my opinion, than someone who just physically dominated the opposition regardless of who they were. That evaluation helps to find a formation that works, and so forth. Judging by Emery's flexibility, I imagine he is similar in his ability to see what makes a good player good vs a limited player limited.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score

Madness!
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Birmingham City Football Club!

Back
Top Bottom