Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rooney

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yep. He was sacked when doing well also.

They seem to get rid of any manager doing a good job (Rowett and Eustace are examples) and appoint supposedly big names like Zola and Rooney, who have been disasters.

Wonder if they’ll try and persuade Gerrard to leave Saudi or go for the likes of Dean Smith, Lampard or Big Sam lol.

These American football owners are full of big ideas and make loud noises, but bloody hell, they haven’t got a clue!
Dean Smith would be hilarious - that'll teach you for not wanting Rooney!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. Not many good players are good managers
I think there’s an element of ‘ok so just do this’

- *does something ridiculous*

‘We can’t boss’

‘What do you mean you can’t it’s easy’

**mumble mumble ****ing show off**

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dean Smith would be hilarious - that'll teach you for not wanting Rooney!

Dean Smith was at the Villa game for BBC Radio 5 Live and he confirmed that he is the new Coach of Charlotte in the MLS. As he bares a striking to resemblance to that wonderful American patriot muppet character Sam Eagle he should be right at home in the USA.

dnf14

Reaction score
Dean Smith was at the Villa game for BBC Radio 5 Live and he confirmed that he is the new Coach of Charlotte in the MLS. As he bares a striking to resemblance to that wonderful American patriot muppet character Sam Eagle he should be right at home in the USA.
Is it a passing resemblance when he truly is a muppet?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The media and the world are going mad.

Rooney gets sacked and it’s on the main BBC news.

So, did they pop it on the news when premier league Sheffield United sack theirs a month ago? (No).

Well, Rooney is very famous, so it's more newsworthy.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That must be it for Wayne managing in this country again, can't imagine who would hire him now.
I agree, he himself said that it will take quite some time to get over this, I would say that the football ownerships will take even longer.
Maybe he could get a job in the MLS or possibly Saudi but it's likely his alcohol reputation would stop that one.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Steve Cooper has earned the right to a better job than Blues.
i think he was the victim of a ****ty owner myself. sa job and a half trying to keep so many players happy, and reading what happened with Worral i’m not surprised he’s left.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i disagree, but that’s ok.

Of course. But ask yourself, on what credentials would any club be hiring Rooney if it weren’t for his, admittedly, fantastic football career?

He’s a name and nothing else IMO. Should just put his feet up for the rest of his life, he don’t need the money!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course. But ask yourself, on what credentials would any club be hiring Rooney if it weren’t for his, admittedly, fantastic football career?

He’s a name and nothing else IMO. Should just put his feet up for the rest of his life, he don’t need the money!
oh i agree for sure, ironically he was brought in to attract bigger name players and they sack him as the window opened!!
he could do with taking a step back, learning some more and take it from there.
loved him as a player which perhaps blinds me a little.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So, did they pop it on the news when premier league Sheffield United sack theirs a month ago? (No).

As an aside, I noticed that Carl Robinson got the boot too. Not bothered as he was rude and unpleasant to my late wife at Mike Stowell testimonial dinner.
She was in a wheelchair and got in his way.

Ade Akinbiyi “had a word” and half of the first team squad ended up chatting to her.

So “unlucky “ Carl
Well done Ade!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don’t think he’s a bad manager, but should never have got the job in those circumstances. Owners can be really stupid
Your love of a player perhaps clouding your judgement a bit there? I just can't see how anybody can maintain he's a decent manager at this point. Blues were in a very good spot when he took over.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
oh i agree for sure, ironically he was brought in to attract bigger name players and they sack him as the window opened!!
he could do with taking a step back, learning some more and take it from there.
loved him as a player which perhaps blinds me a little.

Rooney was a fantastic player, the record book speaks for itself. Perhaps when he has had a break he might consider taking his next position as an assistant manager and learn the trade working with an experienced manager. As many others have said, great players don’t always become great managers.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As an aside, I noticed that Carl Robinson got the boot too. Not bothered as he was rude and unpleasant to my late wife at Mike Stowell testimonial dinner.
She was in a wheelchair and got in his way.

Ade Akinbiyi “had a word” and half of the first team squad ended up chatting to her.

So “unlucky “ Carl
Sorry to hear of that incident. I cannot believe how little people, especially sportsman, take for granted full use of their bodies. On the other hand hopefully the response of Ade and co. was more rewarding than the ignorance Robinson showed.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rooney was a fantastic player, the record book speaks for itself. Perhaps when he has had a break he might consider taking his next position as an assistant manager and learn the trade working with an experienced manager. As many others have said, great players don’t always become great managers.
Yep couple of seasons with Dean Saunders. Job done. :D

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of that incident. I cannot believe how little people, especially sportsman, take for granted full use of their bodies. On the other hand hopefully the response of Ade and co. was more rewarding than the ignorance Robinson showed.

Funny thing was, the response of the other players made her night

Darren Bazeley grabbed her brochure and made sure everyone signed it (Bert Williams, Peter Shilton, Lofty Parkes etc etc). It actually made the evening better.

Bully chatted to her too.

So it was what it was. But I never liked Robinson after that.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your love of a player perhaps clouding your judgement a bit there? I just can't see how anybody can maintain he's a decent manager at this point. Blues were in a very good spot when he took over.
i admitted as such further down.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that’s a great shout Frank, i do feel a lack of humility really impacted these players from achieving what they should have done, seems as a manager it’s the same.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brum's decline under Wayne was precipitous. You have to wonder what was behind it.
Players downed tools after sacking of Eustace? Rooney adopted the wrong tactics? He upset the leaders in the dressing room? etc.etc.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny thing was, the response of the other players made her night

Darren Bazeley grabbed her brochure and made sure everyone signed it (Bert Williams, Peter Shilton, Lofty Parkes etc etc). It actually made the evening better.

Bully chatted to her too.

So it was what it was. But I never liked Robinson after that.
Out of darkness cometh light. Well done to Ade, Bully and Darren.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brum's decline under Wayne was precipitous. You have to wonder what was behind it.
Players downed tools after sacking of Eustace? Rooney adopted the wrong tactics? He upset the leaders in the dressing room? etc.etc.

He was all over the place in the post-match interviews I saw (as you'd expect, from such an unintelligent man). Blamed the players after his very first game, and constantly alternating between vague platitudes and calling out his own team.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
His tactics were dumb as rocks because he sucks at this. Couldn't adapt to the players he had.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A friend of mine who supports Birmingham City and is a regular at St. Andrew’s is convinced that the players just downed tools. They liked Eustace, and disliked the way Rooney criticised them in the media. You can be the best manager in the world, but if the players aren’t with you then it can only end badly.

Back
Top Bottom