Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Roger Johson in defence

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The forgotten man that we refuse to forget, our Guy Fawkes, the effigy representing the entitled well paid professional footballer.

If we can all agree on one thing it is that molmix hates him because he stuck up for Karl Henry (hate that $$$$er) after Karl was booed off and then gave a post match interview where (I paraphrase) he said it's not cool to boo our own players.

Also, he showed up hungover once to a Monday training session. Once.

Our defence is not doing so well at the moment, last season he played for Sheff Wed and West Ham, didn't get selected for the England team though.

Should we consider him as a squad player who may be considered for the senior team?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
No. Would much rather we gave our England Under-20 centre-halves a chance than go back to RJ.

I'm not one of the real RJ haters but it would undermine the Manager.

Johnson will be gone either in January or at the end of the season. Embrace the future, not the past.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
We can consider him all we like the thing is KJ won't

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The forgotten man that we refuse to forget, our Guy Fawkes, the effigy representing the entitled well paid professional footballer.

If we can all agree on one thing it is that molmix hates him because he stuck up for Karl Henry (hate that $$$$er) after Karl was booed off and then gave a post match interview where (I paraphrase) he said it's not cool to boo our own players.

Our defence is not doing so well at the moment, last season he played for Sheff Wed and West Ham, didn't get selected for the England team though.

Should we consider him as a squad player who may be considered for the senior team?

You are very naive if you think these are the only reasons he has never played for Jackett. The guy is trouble and would most likely make team spirit/morale worse than it is atm, which must be on a bit of a low given recent results and the player bashing that goes on on this forum. Let's not resurrect this argument!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With respect mate you don't speak for everyone.

He's poison. That's why I don't want him in the team, although ability wise he probably should be.

He also turned up worse for wear.
Hungover is a bit different although in hindsight now, that doesn't bother me that much!

E

Edgmond Wolf

You can run
You can hide
But I will find you
And cut your tongue out
With a blunt butter knife :D

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way , I remember his interview on talk sport the day he signed , drunk , big head , trouble maker , arrogant .. Etc etc .. No chance I want him anywhere near my team .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he played with 100% commitment then he has the ability to be better than what we have, however

(1) After all that has gone on I doubt he would bother trying. I could see him bagging a hat-trick of own goals just for a laugh.
(2) Bringing him back has the potential to cause problems, disruption and unrest within the squad in what is already a difficult period. Just not worth the risk.

Johnson is nearing the point where his contract runs out. Hopefully we can get rid in January, alternatively the club may well finally terminate by mutual consent once it becomes clear he is going nowhere and prepared the force the club to squeeze the last penny out of his contract.

Whatever we think about Johnson he has proven that he can be extremely stubborn and string willed by sitting out his contract for this long and I have a certain begrudging respect for him.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't played for so long now he won't be match fit, might as well throw Hause or Iorfa in

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes!

Excellent defender particularly at this level.

Barnet, your piece is spot on but you should have added that he showed up once for training with a hangover when he believed he was to have that day off.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really is weird the way it turned out. I remember on the day he signed both he and Mick saying that it was his ambition to get back in the England squad, and there seemed to be so much optimism about the signing. How could Mick have got it so wrong about this guy. And also about O'Hara come to that. These were the signings that were meant to take us to the next level, and I remember Paul Merson on Sky saying that there was no way that Wolves would struggle this season.

R

robwolf

Lets assume for a second that the Molineux faithful could find it in their hearts to "accept" RJ back. The biggest problem with this suggestion is he hasn't played at all this season, so he'll be no where near match fitness. So then what happens when a clearly unfit RJ is thrown back in front of the Molineux crowd in an attempt to win back favour and shore up the defence? He'd be breathing out his $$$$ in about 10 minutes and being barracked for not being match sharp and doing the opposite of shoring up the defence!

There has to be a reason not a single club has come back in for him this season, and yes it may be that we want a fee for our player. But more likely is no one wants to pay someone to get fit for a few months before being able to play them!

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It really is weird the way it turned out. I remember on the day he signed both he and Mick saying that it was his ambition to get back in the England squad, and there seemed to be so much optimism about the signing. How could Mick have got it so wrong about this guy. And also about O'Hara come to that. These were the signings that were meant to take us to the next level, and I remember Paul Merson on Sky saying that there was no way that Wolves would struggle this season.

Merson talks more rubbish than any living person.

R

RAP WOLF

I would but the majority of fans won't forgive him.

It was O'Hara and Johnson got picked on mainly as they we're new signings and we didn't get instant results.

However the likes of Ward, Berra, Henry and Hennessey was the cancer of the team.

McCarthy convinced them they was Premier League players. Once they got in the comfort zone game over. We went down without a wimper they thought they was better than they was. Bad luck. We can't just blame Roger for our demise.

I would actually blame Morgan for investing in a stand rather than other players.

Hope Roger gets a club soon, he means well. Anyone who has met him know he is not a total moron like some footballers. I.E DAVID DAVIS

R

Redditch Wolves

No chance.

I'd rather have the South Bank renamed as the "Fred West Memorial Stand" than have that cart horse anywhere near our side again.

Let's have it right as not only is he a drunk but also his attitude is one I have the worse I have seen but he is also a $$$$ing awful defender. He had one good season with Scott Dann and that was it.

Goodbye Johnson you will not be missed.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way should toxic Johnson return - the fact were discussing him shows the depths the current first team has reached though .

E

Edgmond Wolf

I would but the majority of fans won't forgive him.

It was O'Hara and Johnson got picked on mainly as they we're new signings and we didn't get instant results.

However the likes of Ward, Berra, Henry and Hennessey was the cancer of the team.

McCarthy convinced them they was Premier League players. Once they got in the comfort zone game over. We went down without a wimper they thought they was better than they was. Bad luck. We can't just blame Roger for our demise.

I would actually blame Morgan for investing in a stand rather than other players.

Hope Roger gets a club soon, he means well. Anyone who has met him know he is not a total moron like some footballers. I.E DAVID DAVIS

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahaha

What a $$$$ing WUM

Hahahhahahahahahhahhahahahahhahahahahhahhahahahhahhahhahahahahhahahhahhaahhaahhhahahahahahahahhahah

Nice try :wavey:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No $$$$ing chance.

In Kenny's first interview he said there were players that had effectively caused a divide between fans and players. He is one of the main culprits.

He'll never, ever play for Wolves again.

F

FLEET WOLF

Should the title of this thread really be, 'Roger Johnson, in defence'?

M

Mr Wolf

There is more to the game of football than being a good player, would any of you honestly & I mean honestly want RJ being around the first team & walking out alongside the rest of them.

Doherty needs dropping or coaching or something because although he's not making blatant errors we have leaked about 20 goals down that side this season. I'd play Ricketts & Stearman ahead of him at RB currently.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you would have actually seen this individual on Soccer AM the other week you would see what a complete waste of space he really is.....he came across as the complete epitome of a 'thick footballer' --- and I actually use the word footballer extremely loosely.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bring him back at least then those moaning about Batths distribution can see someone who really can't pass in action!!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes!

Excellent defender particularly at this level.

Barnet, your piece is spot on but you should have added that he showed up once for training with a hangover when he believed he was to have that day off.

I actually thought he was decent in the season we went down, at least he gave a damn unlike some of the other players.

Our defence is crying out for a vocal and experienced CB, at the moment we simply don't have that. I want to see Iorfa and Hause get involved more, but I wouldn't be afraid to consider Johnson, especially with Stearman and Batth playing so poorly. We just can't keep shipping goals the way that we are at the moment, else we will be slipping down the league fairly quickly.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a no from me. Apart from anything else he just had too many poor games.

K

kwolf

its a big no from me was $$$$ when we bought him and is still $$$$ now

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he played with 100% commitment then he has the ability to be better than what we have, however

(1) After all that has gone on I doubt he would bother trying. I could see him bagging a hat-trick of own goals just for a laugh.
(2) Bringing him back has the potential to cause problems, disruption and unrest within the squad in what is already a difficult period. Just not worth the risk.

Johnson is nearing the point where his contract runs out. Hopefully we can get rid in January, alternatively the club may well finally terminate by mutual consent once it becomes clear he is going nowhere and prepared the force the club to squeeze the last penny out of his contract.

Whatever we think about Johnson he has proven that he can be extremely stubborn and string willed by sitting out his contract for this long and I have a certain begrudging respect for him.

Agree with all but the last bit at the end, STC. I have more respect for O'Hara taking pence on the pound to start fresh somewhere else (even if it turms out to be MLS), as he is at least trying to be a footballer.

Johnson is just cashing checks. Hardly shocking to see any interest that was out there to loan for RoJo last season has now dried up. Will be lucky to be playing League One level next season.

F

Floydstreet

No

I don't believe we are going up this season, therefore given we are shipping goals galore, no harm in giving our youth (iorfa and hause) a go.

D

Dewsburywolf

To Roger = sex (slang $$$$ -- rhymes with duck) >>> a Johnson = a penis (slang $$$$ -- male chicken)

Otherwise equals a $$$$ing $$$$. Anyone care to disagree?

Back
Top Bottom