Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Robert Plant on Talksport

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was brilliant, but far too brief. He did his best to fit in as much as possible.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Only said to my wife the other night I haven't seen him down the Wolves this season.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
J which section? Towards south bank, middle or North Bank? I probably see him at HT but preeume it's not him! Seen him walk round the ground before though, love how normal he is.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Caught it this morning. Certainly gave Gobbi a hard time. Mind the gap, you might be good enough to play for Tamworth one day, on behalf of the south bank, see you in Europe etc...

He couldn't give a stuff about his new record. Only one thing on his mind, and that was Wolves... Top bloke and incredible musician/songwriter.

Last edited by a moderator:

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He sits in the Steve Bull?! Yam pulling me leg!
I have always assumed that he has had the same seat for decades which would have been near the half way line prior to the (new) North Bank being built. I remember seeing him queuing up to go in there in our division 4 days and someone shouting out ‘ooh look it’s Noddy Holder’. They were trying to be funny either!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always assumed that he has had the same seat for decades which would have been near the half way line prior to the (new) North Bank being built. I remember seeing him queuing up to go in there in our division 4 days and someone shouting out ‘ooh look it’s Noddy Holder’. They were trying to be funny either!
He has had it for ages. Does sit in SB in J6 - on the halfway line about two rows up from my parents who have had their tickets for 30 years. Doesn’t go every match and I believe he has a box as well.

Gabby had no idea who he was when asked earlier.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen him a few times in the bully concorse , but not had chance to ever speak to him.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Seen him once at an away match but was too shy to say hello!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember seeing the great man at Bolton away, late 90s. Match at the Reebok which we needed to win but it being Bolton, back then, we didn't. He was sat just in front of us. He left early because he was doing a gig in Manchester City centre, which we tried to crash when we were on the **** there after the match but failed miserably.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lives locally (not mid Wales)I spoke to him a few weeks back at a local micro brewery the day before his birthday.
Lives near Kidderminster I think. My mate said his son has a micro brewery in Camden not sure how true. Iv seen him about never said hello at games. Seems alright bloke though for a rock star

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a few free drinks in America when I show the Robert Plant and me drinking Becks pics on my phone.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a guest of the club back in 1987 and they allowed me to watch the game in an Executive Box with him.

Solid bloke, was completely in awe of him, so much so I cant even recall who we played or what the result was. Was in April, that's all I recall.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lives near Kidderminster I think. My mate said his son has a micro brewery in Camden not sure how true. Iv seen him about never said hello at games. Seems alright bloke though for a rock star
His son owns(or part owns) Beavertown who are pretty big now.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listen to some of his Led Zep albums while sniffing engine start

sorry that's the only anecdote I can come up with. Wild times though!

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lives locally (not mid Wales)I spoke to him a few weeks back at a local micro brewery the day before his birthday.

Probably got more than one place. Definitely has a place out near Machynlleth

The time I remember most about Robert was an away game at Portsmouth. He was in the uncovered away end and it was tipping down. Looked like a drowned rat

Last edited:

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's an ordinary bloke whose done extraordinary things. He just loves the Wolves.

I managed to get a selfie with him in the Steve Bull stand a few years ago, luckily I was really drunk otherwise would have been to scared to ask, first he said no, then he turned back and said 'go on if your quick', and my mate who I was with couldn't get his phone out quick enough. Legend.

Probably shouldn't bother him like that, but it's not often your in the presence of a living God and I blame the booze anyway.

Hazza

Reaction score
Brilliant by Robert Plant, great ambassador for the club. Loved his anecdotes, could listen all day.

Gaby didn’t have a clue what to say and Laura Woods (sports journalist of the year) didn’t know what code red was - found that amazing given the coverage over the weekend.

McCoist was great and just chatted off script, wish all football chat shows were like that instead of sensationalist rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom