Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rob Edwards

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Edwards is now second favourite on Sky Bet at 4/1, behind Martins.

So I guess that makes him de facto favourite.

Some of you will need to get down A&E early, before the heart attacks start.

(No, he won't get the HC job, come on, get real)
Just for the craic I’d like him to get it and watch folk on here losing their mind

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
I've never met Rob Edwards, so can't comment on his character, but it seems too early in his managerial career to be thrust into a job like this. He is apparently held in high regard at the club due to his time as a player and U23 coach.

On a side note, I have one stand out memory of him. I think we were getting spanked by Man Utd at Molineux in the FA Cup and Rooney was showboating on the touchline with his hands on his hips giving it the big un. Then Rob Edwards came from nowhere and completely wiped him out much to the delight of the South Bank.. I always quite liked him after that.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess you missed 'not' out, Ercall?!

I disagree, he's a good coach on the evidence I've seen at U23 and AFC TU, though I fully accept it's a hell of a jump up to PL. Also accepting Jos's point that a new HC (not Edwards) would probably want to choose his own assistants.

I simply don't believe RE is in line for the head coach job, irrespective of what any articles say.
Correct on the first line I’ve now amended that
My experience of him as interim head coach for us was not good and I suspect Watford fans may say the same

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Does this mean they are considering Davis and/or Collins for the foreseeable with Edwards back filling in his old role as U23s boss? Wouldn't want Edwards and his ego anywhere near the 1st team. Wasn't it alledged he undermined Zenga then when he got the caretaker role was just as bad, if not worse?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So:
Lopetegui - sacked, no good
Martins - walkover league, no good
Nuno - second time around, no good
Edwards - inexperienced, no good
AVB - not motivated, no good
Svensson - too Scandinavian, no good
Postecoglou - won't be able to spell his name, no good
Dyche - too Burnley-ish, no good

That about it? :)

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does this mean they are considering Davis and/or Collins for the foreseeable with Edwards back filling in his old role as U23s boss? Wouldn't want Edwards and his ego anywhere near the 1st team. Wasn't it alledged he undermined Zenga then when he got the caretaker role was just as bad, if not worse?

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So is the plan here for Steve Davis and James Collins to carry on until the WC break and for Rob Edwards to take on the Under 21’s in their place ?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So is the plan here for Steve Davis and James Collins to carry on until the WC break and for Rob Edwards to take on the Under 21’s in their place ?
No one on here has a clue mate. Maybe the other way around?.. but it’s all guesswork

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That should be left to the new manager not Shi or sellars
As I’ve said before depends on the role and whether one of the candidates has expressed an interest in having someone familiar with the club. Mike Stowell is still at Leicester and worked under different managers.

Thing is we don’t know what their plans are, but it hasn’t stopped people going crazy.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember him continuing to leave Saiss, our best midfielder, out when he was caretaker. Just picked the 'British lads'.

If he is even in contention we are absolutely ****ed
“Continuing” to leave Saiss out is a bit of a stretch, he was only in charge for 2 games

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Continuing as in from Lambert, despite fans desperate for changes
Most caretakers don’t change things in fairness, just steer the ship until the new captain arrives.

Actually wasn’t he before Lambert? I thought he replaced Zenga as caretaker then lambert got the gig until the summer then Nuno came in

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Dave coming back too?
We would score some amazing goals from late runs into the box, the true trademark of Dangerous!!!

People take the **** out of him, but we are screaming out for a midfielder who could do what he actually did very well and get the kind of goals he popped up with from using his head and feet. A few sharp finishes too if memory isn’t too mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom