Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rob Edwards

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just don’t like him, giving it the big I AM attitude when he took over as interim a few years ago
It was awful
I worked at a local school and he came by for the day to shadow the headmaster (must have been for some leadership insights or something like that). When I got to speak to him, he seemed like the nicest man on Earth. Obviously he should be nowhere near the manager's role at Wolves, but seemed like a thoroughly nice bloke.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's plenty of money to be made in behind-the-scenes roles, and much less scrutiny too.
Not disputing that, but he’s just started to gain some sort of reputation as a manager, albeit with a slight setback at Watford. It would seem strange to me for him to take a non manager role at this point. He was favourite for the Boro job last week.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked at a local school and he came by for the day to shadow the headmaster (must have been for some leadership insights or something like that). When I got to speak to him, he seemed like the nicest man on Earth. Obviously he should be nowhere near the manager's role at Wolves, but seemed like a thoroughly nice bloke.
I wouldn’t expect any person to be anything less than a really nice person when they are working at a school for just one day

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Did he steal your girlfriend as a kid or something you really seem to hate him when everyone else says he’s a nice guy :tearsofjoy:
No he was rejected by Doris the tealady in preference of the dashing young coach. His new book "Mr Tea, a story of heartbreak and hobnobs" is out in paperback in time for Christmas. Available for £5.99 on pre-order from the club shop or Vinny will do you a signed collectors edition for just £9.99 (plus p&p).

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can we narrow the field of potential new manager further? I know - force them to work with a bloke whose only notable experience was three divisions below us, was turfed out of a club one division below us after 10 games for being chronically out of his depth, and whose only attachment to the club is a brief, forgettable spell mostly in the reserves of an utterly nondescript playing career. Well, while he's here we may as well interview him for the top job, what could possibly go wrong?

You couldn't make this **** up.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t want Rob Edwards near the club.

In fact Rob Edwards can **** off. He can keep ****ing off until he comes to a fence that has a sign on it that reads “it’s impossible to **** off anymore” and then I want Rob Edward to climb over this fence, and **** off some more.
Nicely put.
I officially agrees with this.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can we narrow the field of potential new manager further? I know - force them to work with a bloke whose only notable experience was three divisions below us, was turfed out of a club one division below us after 10 games for being chronically out of his depth, and whose only attachment to the club is a brief, forgettable spell mostly in the reserves of an utterly nondescript playing career. Well, while he's here we may as well interview him for the top job, what could possibly go wrong?

Come on, he might not be the next Gwardi... err, Garddie... err, Pep, but:

15 International caps and 100 games for us, ignoring the rest, isn't "utterly nondescript"
He's also managed the England U16 lads, so he must have something about him.
Being dismissed by Watford - especially after only 10 games - is hardly news, they'd sack the Second Coming without even thinking.

No, I'm not in his camp shouting from the rooftops that he should be our next HC - and it's unclear whether or not he has been interviewed for that post - but to slag him off to such an extent is OTT in my view.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No LOL
And not everyone else is saying he is a really nice guy
Have you met him, Ercall? In my experience he comes over as a decent guy.

He also conducted himself with great dignity when the knuckle-draggers at Telford, collective brain cell total of 38, continually slagged him off from behind his dugout. Quite frankly, I wouldn't have blamed him if he took a baseball bat to them and reduced the brain cell count further.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Came here to write a slightly more polite version of this but, this will do for me too!!!

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
I'm sure Rob Edwards is a nice bloke but I won't bother with anything wolves if he is appointed. It would show zero ambition and a site sign Forsun want shot of us, and if that's the case just sell the club and **** off

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Edwards is good mates with Sellars. A ridiculous appointment if it happens. Looking at his C.V would any other prem. club interview him for the managers job?
The fact he even got an interview beggars belief. Shi's short cut to the road to ruin!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Rob Edwards is a nice bloke but I won't bother with anything wolves if he is appointed. It would show zero ambition and a site sign Forsun want shot of us, and if that's the case just sell the club and **** off
I think the recent investment negates Fosun wanting rid off us any time soon.

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the only thing that makes sense. Spend big then put in an incompetent manager.
Makes no sense what so ever - spend big and see your investment down the tubes. Fosun are an investment company, they want a return, not to see their money go down the pan.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d think if he came in it would be as an assistant manager.
Though can’t imagine many managers out there don’t already have their own assistants that come along with them.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
completely disagree. need continuity JOS, that’s our issue right now
I respectfully completely disagree with you, we need new ideas and a new approach. if not, we will be relegated.
If a head coach doesn't bring their own team, then they are undermined from day one

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I respectfully completely disagree with you, we need new ideas and a new approach. if not, we will be relegated.
If a head coach doesn't bring their own team, then they are undermined from day one
so every time we lose a manager we lose all staff in your eyes?

not against a coach bringing his own team in board at all, but it’s madness to suggest continuity isn’t needed.

look what happened when we lost all continuity with the team.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes no sense what so ever - spend big and see your investment down the tubes. Fosun are an investment company, they want a return, not to see their money go down the pan.

Then they need to get serious with non-playing staff instead of faffing around.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so every time we lose a manager we lose all staff in your eyes?

not against a coach bringing his own team in board at all, but it’s madness to suggest continuity isn’t needed.

look what happened when we lost all continuity with the team.
I am old enough to remember what Bill Shankley built at Liverpool
Took a second division club on a journey
His successor won more than he did but the dynasty was built foundations solid and continuity

fleck1

Reaction score
Not really sure what to think of this, or what role he would be interviewing for. You'd think with the money spent and bringing the likes of Nunes in we'd not hand the team over to a novice (though nervous that we may). Is it possible they see him as a potential director of football, retired early and went in to coaching, has a good reputation with in the game, relatively young so will have fresh idea around the game. Obviously a good relationship with the owners, would potentially be a good go between the on and off the pitch.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am old enough to remember what Bill Shankley built at Liverpool
Took a second division club on a journey
His successor won more than he did but the dynasty was built foundations solid and continuity
It’s a fair point, but I could balance that with the car crash that is and how much of that has caused by a similar desire to maintain some continuity in the backroom. I think it is useful to have some continuity, but if players need a shake up to motivate them ours do, then you’re going to need a very strong character at the top of much of the staff are unchanged. It’s just the amount of organisational inertia you have to push back against.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a fair point, but I could balance that with the car crash that is and how much of that has caused by a similar desire to maintain some continuity in the backroom. I think it is useful to have some continuity, but if players need a shake up to motivate them ours do, then you’re going to need a very strong character at the top of much of the staff are unchanged. It’s just the amount of organisational inertia you have to push back against.
I think you are right the top man needs more than football ability he needs to be a leader a character and lots of personality

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps this is, as has already been suggested, a plan to allow Lolpaymeguy to get his readies from his last club before he starts with us. Perhaps what has been said by him is an agreed smokescreen. The club would lose face if Lopetegui ends up here now, but only temporarily and I doubt any of them care about that anyway.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I have no idea who but I wish just for once we can target a manager who is in post and is doing well elsewhere.We just seem to have had a run of managers who are out of work .Yes Nuno was a success but we are just tied into the Mendes stable these days.I know there are no guarantees that someone will leave his current club but even then fans have to go hunting around on Wikipedia to see where some of them are and how well they are doing .
We are virtually totally reliant on Mendes ,I realise that ,but some of the names bandied about hardly have the fans drooling .I suppose it’s a question of we get what we are given .

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on, he might not be the next Gwardi... err, Garddie... err, Pep, but:

15 International caps and 100 games for us, ignoring the rest, isn't "utterly nondescript"
He's also managed the England U16 lads, so he must have something about him.
Being dismissed by Watford - especially after only 10 games - is hardly news, they'd sack the Second Coming without even thinking.

No, I'm not in his camp shouting from the rooftops that he should be our next HC - and it's unclear whether or not he has been interviewed for that post - but to slag him off to such an extent is OTT in my view.
213 career appearances in total and 15 caps for the mighty Wales - a nation whose most-capped player is Chris Gunter, with 109 caps, many of which were whilst playing his trade for AFC Wimbledon and Charlton....and during a period where the Welsh national team is far more successful than when Edwards was collecting caps because whoever was trotting around for Lllandudno couldn't get time off his paper round on a Wednesday to play.

Anyway, this isn't a teardown of his playing career, more a question of 'why are we so desperate to shoehorn this guy in?' - he doesn't have any real attachment to us other than 100 appearances during a period when we were utterly ****e, he has no real credentials that make him a 'must employee in any capacity whatsoever' (Aidy Boothroyd also coached England in some capacity and I wouldn't want him), and he potentially restricts the number of other coaches who will agree to come, because generally head coaches of any mettle (quite rightly) want to work with their own team.

Back
Top Bottom