Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rob Edwards team for Blackburn

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unlike many on the forum I don't get to a huge number of games so I wondered what are peoples' thoughts about how Edwards will approach the Blackburn game and what his preferred team and tactics might be. In particular I'm wondering whether he will set to one side the challenge of integrating a large number of the new influx with all their flair but who lack experience of Championship nitty gritty.

Will he opt for a team set up comprising fewer flair players and rely on people better drilled in conventional tactics and Championship Hurley burley ? If he does will he still involve a couple like Texeira and Costa with the freedom to attack ? Was the team set up at Blues better suited and will Edwards prefer it ? Or will he try to reproduce the Newcastle performance ? Just interested in peoples' thoughts ....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
This is who he played in the friendly against Swansea when he was in charge. Obviously we've signed a couple of players since then

Wolves (4-3-3): Ikeme; Iorfa (Odoffin, 21), Batth (c) (O'Hanlon, 45), Hause, Doherty; Evans (Coady, 45), Price (Edwards, 45), Saville; Wallace (Byrne, 78), Ennis (Collins, 78), Henry

Not sure if that really tells us anything and we did get played off the park.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought I'd give this a bump in case anybody feels like a break from new manager discussions with the need to pick a team for Saturday now moving closer....

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we may see a few more of the old guard come in. Think he may go with

Ikeme

Iorfa
Batth
Stears
CBJ

Price
Saiss
Edwards

Costa
Bod
Wallace

A

AlexWWFC

I'd like

Ikeme

Silvio (not sure but think he deserves more games)
Iorfa
Batth
CBJ

John
Prince
Saiss
Cav

Costa
Dicko

Bod looked like he needs a rest and I don't think we should write this 442 off yet, I think if we played Bod he might get dominated by the Centre halves like against Leeds.

I'd hope the pace of the 2 strikers scares them into sitting a bit deeper meaning our midfield and especially Saiss has a bit of time and can control the game.

Dicko needs to keep playing for me to get him match fit as soon as possible because we desperately need him back to his best, I know it's easy to say but let's just go and have a go.

Our defence should have enough pace that we can play a high line so let's go and use a higher line and try and get some goals. I also like Batth next to CBJ and Silvio next to Iorfa for communication and so there is always more experience next to the younger lads.

When confidence is low the last thing we need is to sit deep and play for a draw, if we get a bit of a hiding atheist we can get the new manager in to bring a lift to the place and start on a new gameplan.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this game now Zenga has gone- let's hope we get a reaction from the players.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikeme

Silvio
Batth
Stears
CBJ

Costa
Saiss
Price
Cav

Bod
Dicko

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Mason fit again?

Otherwise

Ikeme
Coady Batth Stears cbj
Costa Price Saiss Tex Cav
Bod

Dicko to come on early second half

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know who this is on far right of picture?

CvtLVc3XYAE9g9w.jpg:orig

Looks a bit like Willy Sagnol :)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Reckon we may see something like:

Ikeme
Iorfa, Batth, Stearman, Doherty
Coady, Saiss, Edwards
Costa, JDB, Wallace

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Edwards is advised now by Sellars, so we might see one or even two of the under-23 squad on the bench.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's not pat or Silvio...interesting! Probably just a translator, I've not seen him about though. I thought it was Pereira but this guy has too much hair!

I still have no idea who it is :D

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still have no idea who it is :D
Have you never tagged along at the back as a group of tourists are being shown around a cathedral or city centre? Perhaps he just put a Wolves top on and wandered into training and nobody has the balls to ask him who he is? Perhaps he works for Blackburn!!????

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bod Dicko
Cavaleiro Tex Costa
Saiss
CBJ Batth Iorfa Silvio
Ikeme

Please. PS is that Silva on the right side of the picture?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was with Shrewsbury as a youngster, played for Barry town when they were dominant in the welsh premier league, very skilful and creative central midfield player. Been at wolves for about 3-4 years now.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this game now Zenga has gone- let's hope we get a reaction from the players.
Same here. The dressing room was toxic. Zenga is a typical charismatic - endearing and charming to strangers but not so pleasant when the mist of pretence lifts.

No surprise that there isn't a single endorsement from any players from his many previous clubs.

He'd make a very successful cult leader.

R

reanswolf

Think we may see a few more of the old guard come in. Think he may go with

Ikeme

Iorfa
Batth
Stears
CBJ

Price
Saiss
Edwards

Costa
Bod
Wallace

I like the look of that team tho I would swap Wallace for Ola John

P

Phys Ed Wolf

Ikeme
Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty
Price Saiss
Costa Texiera Cavaleiro
Bodvarsson

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a big squad so we can rotate some of the players when they off the pace. Tex is definitely one of those.
Thought we got out muscled against Leeds which is why I'm not against sticking Evans back in once he is fit again.
Would go with a 4-3-3 formation as Dicko is clearly not ready to start.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll stick with a lot of the "old guard", but he'll want us to win this. Not much of an idea but I'll predict a line-up of...

Ikeme
Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty
Coady Saiss Price
Costa Bodvarsson Wallace
Lonergan, Stearman, Edwards, Prince, Teixeira, John, Dicko

Back
Top Bottom