Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Replacement Windows Advise Please.............

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
I've been quoted just under £8K for 7 New windows 1 new front door new patio doors.
is this reasonable? ................ The last time I paid £2K but that was back in 1999 in a different house. I was expecting it to be between £3K and £5k am I completely out of touch?

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
2 years ago we had double French doors/ large kitchen window. And 2 further bedroom windows and 1replacement glass to window that had blow and it was just under 2k, my sister has just moved and had large bedroom window, outhouse/kitchen and bathroom and they were £1200. If you live anywhere near Netherton/Dudley and have cash I know a good guy.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I've been quoted just under £8K for 7 New windows 1 new front door new patio doors.
is this reasonable? ................ The last time I paid £2K but that was back in 1999 in a different house. I was expecting it to be between £3K and £5k am I completely out of touch?
Where do you live ?

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
2 years ago we had double French doors/ large kitchen window. And 2 further bedroom windows and 1replacement glass to window that had blow and it was just under 2k, my sister has just moved and had large bedroom window, outhouse/kitchen and bathroom and they were £1200. If you live anywhere near Netherton/Dudley and have cash I know a good guy.
Thanks for the kind offer Unfortunately I don't, moved from Wolverhampton to North Warwickshire. Appreciate house prices are more expensive but did not think that it would reflect in Window prices?

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Also id go for an independent smaller guy/firm than one of the big ones

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SafeStyleUK2.png

U

Ulfhednar

I've just had a load of quotes for double glazing (and a composite front door) on my house in Chester I'm doing up to sell. Everest were £9k, Anglian £7k, and a self employed tradesmen (offering all the same guarantees, no cash up front all paid on completion, including VAT) I was recommended, has just quoted £3,700. And he can issue the Building Regs certificate double glazing now needs for the house to be sold.

Also, the others claimed it didn't need new fascia boards, I think now just to keep the price down so they could get all my budget on the windows, the independent guy showed me that it does need new fascias & guttering (the edges of current wood ones are rotting), & quoted £1,500 separately for those. So he's doing a more proper job.

I wouldn't have had the confidence to go to him as an unknown, but he was recommended to me by the guy whose doing the kitchen (who was recommended to me by an Estate Agent keen to sell the house for me), and he turned out to be the nicest, most trustworthy and thorough out of any of them. I'd definitely try and find a local quality tradesmen rather than one of the big firms.

U

Ulfhednar

On mine, there's a PVC back door, a composite front door, & 8 windows (though 4 are quite small / narrow windows, 3 are wide windows with a split down the middle - currently still old single pain wooden frames).

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
On mine, there's a PVC back door, a composite front door, & 8 windows (though 4 are quite small / narrow windows, 3 are wide windows with a split down the middle - currently still old single pain wooden frames).
Thanks for the Info, think I'll try local Independent as you suggest.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Concerning facias, here in derby some neighbours had the whole caboodle done and before they would do the facia a sample was sent to be tested for the wrong sort of Asbestos.

I don't know whether this is a matter of course these days?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah that price is way out. Defo sounds like one of the big boys. Google a local window manufacturer (if warwickshire is anything like the black country there will be loads) and see if they can recommend a local fitter (some may have local fitters themselves). Id say nearer to £5k.

Back
Top Bottom