Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Renato Sanches (Lille)

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as a yardstick can I ask the people that are happy with the transfer approach being taken what you would be happy with position / achievement wise at the end of the season. The same question to the people that are not happy with the transfer approach .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as a yardstick can I ask the people that are happy with the transfer approach being taken what you would be happy with position / achievement wise at the end of the season. The same question to the people that are not happy with the transfer approach .
I’m not happy with the approach but I understand the clubs position on it. I’ll be more than happy with a Europa league place and a deep cup run. Both of which are achievable in my view with the current squad.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not happy with the approach but I understand the clubs position on it. I’ll be more than happy with a Europa league place and a deep cup run. Both of which are achievable in my view with the current squad.
I'd snap your hands off for Europa, but that's going to require a cup win or a 6th place finish; supplanting two out of West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs will be tough. My concern is that we might run out of puff towards the end of the season and just be edged out, like in 2020 (though that was an especially grueling season for us). For some reason, we always seem to end the season with tough fixtures. We've got Chelsea and Liverpool away in our last three matches...

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's interesting and surely would/should be a scenario acceptable to every Wolves fan, it certainly would be to me.
Interesting though that at least one person said down to 14th would be acceptable - survival basically - though I'm not so sure that would be the opinion, week on week, if we are losing lots of games.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd snap your hands off for Europa, but that's going to require a cup win or a 6th place finish; supplanting two out of West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs will be tough. My concern is that we might run out of puff towards the end of the season and just be edged out, like in 2020 (though that was an especially grueling season for us). For some reason, we always seem to end the season with tough fixtures. We've got Chelsea and Liverpool away in our last three matches...
It’s tough but certainly isn’t out of question. All 3 have shown weakness of late. We’ll definitely know more in the next few weeks due to the fixture list but I certainly don’t fear any of them.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's interesting and surely would/should be a scenario acceptable to every Wolves fan, it certainly would be to me.
Interesting though that at least one person said down to 14th would be acceptable - survival basically - though I'm not so sure that would be the opinion, week on week, if we are losing lots of games.
I think it’s potentially a wolves fan thing but we have the ability to downplay our own squad and wax lyrical about others. All the teams above us obviously have good players but are they better than ours? I certainly think we have a coach and mentality/togetherness that some of them don’t and that carries a lot of weight.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get a new CM in, my hopes for the season won't be any different. Regardless a push for Europe and to take the Cup seriously.

A shiny new player won't guarantee Europe or a Cup run. We'll still need a dollop of luck.

There's a thin line between 4th and 10th in my opinion. Fingers crossed we're closer 4th.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get a new CM in, my hopes for the season won't be any different. Regardless a push for Europe and to take the Cup seriously.

A shiny new player won't guarantee Europe or a Cup run. We'll still need a dollop of luck.

There's a thin line between 4th and 10th in my opinion. Fingers crossed we're closer 4th.
Pretty much my opinion.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s potentially a wolves fan thing but we have the ability to downplay our own squad and wax lyrical about others. All the teams above us obviously have good players but are they better than ours? I certainly think we have a coach and mentality/togetherness that some of them don’t and that carries a lot of weight.
STOP talking sense you have no place here.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed Bill. We need some luck, but we need more luck currently as one extra body in central midfield protects us a little for injuries and suspensions. Overall, happy with the first 11 and forward and defensive options. Just seems strange to send out Jordao currently..... a bit like it was MGW last window.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
I understand all this sensible talk. I don't want Wolves to be a club that buys 'instant success' with proven 'superstars' on ridiculous wages that are not sustainable and lead to disharmony in the dressing room. I like the notion of buying top young potential and developing them and KEEPING most of them (with the occasional profitable sale!) and staying a top 10 Premier club with the occasional European foray or Cup run (and few alarms...)

BUT I think that the next few hours will be interesting. We are told Bruno thinks we have a 'thin' squad. We have unloaded a genuine first team player (Adama) and seem to be loaning out some immediate back-up in midfield (in Jordao). We have Neto to come back ... but not for about 8 games(?). We now seem to have NO back-up for our midfield 3 of Neves Moutinho & Dendonker apart from a completely untried novice in Cundle.

SURELY someone else is coming in before the deadline? I really hope so. To get to 6th is going to take a monument effort nd cannot be shouldered by the Portuguese 'men of war' alone.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed Bill. We need some luck, but we need more luck currently as one extra body in central midfield protects us a little for injuries and suspensions. Overall, happy with the first 11 and forward and defensive options. Just seems strange to send out Jordao currently..... a bit like it was MGW last window.
Oh I agree. But whoever comes in in the next 7 hours won't change my expectations for the season.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Interesting.
Or perhaps not?

Would he be a good fit for Wolves?

No doubt an excellent player on his day but have reservations as to if he’d actually fit into our philosophy?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or perhaps not?

Would he be a good fit for Wolves?

No doubt an excellent player on his day but have reservations as to if he’d actually fit into our philosophy?
Definitely not.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Botman's a cracking defender, but if he's worth £50 mil I dread to think how much Kilman is worth. He's ten times the defender Botman is.

Back
Top Bottom