Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relegation Rivals

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
My predictions for the next 6.

Palace - Brighton, Brentford, Liverpool, Villa, City, Arsenal - 3 points
Forest - Fulham, City, West Ham, Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle - 4 points
Leicester - Tottenham, Utd, Arsenal, Southampton, Chelsea, Brentford - 4 points
Us - Southampton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Tottenham, Newcastle, Leeds - 6 points
West Ham - Chelsea, Tottenham, Forest, Brighton, Villa, City - 5 points
Leeds - Utd, Utd, Everton, Southampton, Chelsea, Brighton - Most likely 4 points (depends on new manager bounce)
Everton - Liverpool, Leeds, Villa, Forest, Brentford, Chelsea - 6 points
Bournemouth - Newcastle, Us, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa - 3 points
Southampton - Us, Chelsea, Leeds, Leicester, Utd, Tottenham - 4 points

That would end up with:

Forest - 28
Palace - 27
Us - 26
Leicester - 25
West Ham - 24
Everton - 24
Leeds - 22
Bournemouth - 20
Southampton - 19

Can see a scenario though where Bournemouth and Southampton get fewer points.

Everton have the best fixtures of anyone apart from us and probably will do well, lots of home games too.

Leeds is the interesting one and I think they need to change something to avoid the drop, the manager might be the key for them.

I'd like to hope we get more than 6 but it's a possibility and even if we do, I think we should be fine as there should be a gap appearing by this point.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leeds - Utd, Utd, Everton, Southampton, Chelsea, Brighton - Most likely 4 points (depends on new manager bounce)

That would end up with:

Forest - 28
Palace - 27
Us - 26
Leicester - 25
West Ham - 24
Everton - 24
Leeds - 22
Bournemouth - 20
Southampton - 19

Everton have the best fixtures of anyone apart from us and probably will do well, lots of home games too.

Leeds is the interesting one and I think they need to change something to avoid the drop, the manager might be the key for them.

I'd like to hope we get more than 6 but it's a possibility and even if we do, I think we should be fine as there should be a gap appearing by this point.
I would be really disappointed with six points out of those games hope for ten to twelve points

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds should go for Hassenhuttl. I’m not sure they should have sacked Marsch really; he took over Bielsa’s championship standard squad and had to somehow get them playing in a different way. I know they’re down the bottom but the January signings still needed bedding in.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suspect there may well be a split in the dressing room as well. Old lags who want Jones gone vs new boys who were happy to sign for him

Only signed James Bree from Luton who he'd have probably known, think the rest of them would gave gone there willing to play for Corporal Jones if it meant playing in the PL

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds should go for Hassenhuttl. I’m not sure they should have sacked Marsch really; he took over Bielsa’s championship standard squad and had to somehow get them playing in a different way. I know they’re down the bottom but the January signings still needed bedding in.
The few Leeds fans I know think he's a total fraud and miles out of his depth. They're very pleased he's gone.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said this last week about Everton but my new favourite thing is listening to Twitter spaces of fans of struggling clubs after defeats.

Quite sadistic really, but maybe I find it comforting knowing we're not the only ones.

Nothing seems to rival Everton ones (I find scousers very funny and sharp generally so they can be really cutting with their criticism) but just listened to a Saints one for a bit and they're absolutely raging.

If you can't connect to the manager then he/the team have had it. Some of his comments have been wild!
I don't listen to the twitter stuff mate bug I always look on the forums ...its fun and eye opening at times. The Grand Old Team...Everton is super aggressive right now .

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he actually saying he is one of the best in Europe or am i misunderstanding this?

If that is what he is saying then that is a truly remarkable and outrageous claim to make.
I thought that too mate....what a ****!

Rowzed

Reaction score

That would end up with:

Forest - 28
Palace - 27
Us - 26
Leicester - 25
West Ham - 24
Everton - 24
Leeds - 22
Bournemouth - 20
Southampton - 19

Given we have 3 teams in that group to play, and they also need to play us and one another, it is going to be very hard for those 3 teams to get a grand total of17 points from 24 matches.
unless all the matches between us are draws
there are 8 games ( 16-24 points ) between these 6 teams alone and that assumes no points for any team from any other match

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The man is a loon. He's like the bloke in the pub that makes you die inside when he wanders over to your table because you know he's going to launch into some random 15-minute rant about sharks and you won't be able to get rid of him, and everyone else is looking over and laughing because they had the same experience the previous week.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
When you watch the video it gives it a bit of context and doesn't sound so bad, but it still doesn't sound great. He's caused his own problems, but I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him as it's become a media pile on now, and it's even worse on social media. I think he has a bit of a disorder that he can function with (we're all on the spectrum somewhere). He's always been super intense (e.g. biting down his fingernails until they bleed), but when he's really stressed or under pressure he goes into overdrive. He just needs to stop talking now, or someone needs to stop him talking.

Some of the stuff he's saying I can understand and relate to. He's from my neck of the woods and the part of the valleys he's from is very poor and insular. Most people stay there, never push beyond their comfort zones and live the same lives as those that came before them. It can take a lot to break out of that, take a risk, improve yourself and take risky opportunities. He's obviously feeling pretty insecure about his position and feeling the need to justify himself, he's in last chance saloon for the top flight after his experience at Stoke. Rather than ridicule I think the bloke needs some strong support and advice to stop him talking further.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy has lost the plot, if he ever had it in the first place!
Whenever managers start to ramble on about themselves, their lives and their dreams and the meaning of life you know they are in the death throes of the job. We cannot have met Southampton at a better time tbh and I fully expect us to win tomorrow and put Jones out of his misery.

Back
Top Bottom