Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relegation Rivals

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully this thread will die really soon, however just somewhere to keep tabs on the teams arounds us.

Seeing Southampton fans calling to sack Nathan Jones already. 7 played, 6 losses.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully this thread will die really soon, however just somewhere to keep tabs on the teams arounds us.

Seeing Southampton fans calling to sack Nathan Jones already. 7 played, 6 losses.

I'm not surprised after seeing his post-match interview today.

The bloke is a genuine imbecile. You listen to him and realise that our manager is levels and levels above that.

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should concentrate on getting the points ourselves, not worry about others, Today proved that
This is what I’m going to try and focus on. I felt really deflated today when Everton won… not any more though funnily enough!

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a google last night. Jones is universally hated by saints fans and did two weird interviews yesterday blaming everyone but himself. Next saturday's game Will be interesting for sure.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had a google last night. Jones is universally hated by saints fans and did two weird interviews yesterday blaming everyone but himself. Next saturday's game Will be interesting for sure.
It’s another massive game for us, I just hope we can go in with new found confidence and just professionally ‘get the job done’.

Need to get at them early just as we did with Liverpool yesterday. No fear.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jones has always been a lunatic, was such a weird appointment. Didn’t think he’d go full breakdown this quickly though.

He dropped Caleta-Car, their best defender, to the U21s on Friday rather than playing him yesterday. He said he couldn’t walk back into the squad after missing 2 weeks through suspension. What?! o_O

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jones has always been a lunatic, was such a weird appointment. Didn’t think he’d go full breakdown this quickly though.

He dropped Caleta-Car, their best defender, to the U21s on Friday rather than playing him yesterday. He said he couldn’t walk back into the squad after missing 2 weeks through suspension. What?! o_O
“It’s not that we don’t want him in the first team, it’s because he could play [for the B team] & be in a better place than he would be sitting on a bus, in a hotel & watching Netflix. It’s a means to an end."

Or just…play him? Fully lost it haha.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you listen to the full interview he starts by blaming himself,but then goes all weird in saying he has compromised his beliefs by pandering to fans and players whims
What manager at any level does that?
Its like if you run a factory and let the workers pick their jobs,you would be out the door in a week lol

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stinks of a manager trying to earn a respect that isn’t naturally given. Could imagine a similar story if we went for Beale (who does seem far better in fairness)

JL just has a charisma about him that earns instant respect.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the relegation possibilities are us ,Southampton,Bournemouth, Everton,Leeds,Forest ,Palace and maybe Leicester
Yep anyone below Villa are candidates
Lets not fool ourselves one good performance doesnt alter anything
We have half the points required after 21 games still 17 to go and anything can and will happen

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Always worries me that I prefer them to be confident
Would be very wolves like to lose that
Is there any fan that doesn't think like that though? Got a friend who is forever saying 'so Spursy' when they lose to a poor side having just beaten a good one. Basically they can only disappoint us when we expect them to win. Until yesterday all our wins had come against relegation candidates. Nuno's counter attacking style did lend itself to struggling against teams who wouldn't over commit, but 6 pointers are now our speciality!

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mentioned it on another thread but think key injuries will be a big factor.
Just look how much Newcastle losing Guimeres impacted them.
If Southampton say had Ward-Prowse out for a while it would be a disaster for them.
Hopefully that’s where we have an edge. With Lemina and Hwang getting injured yesterday it was a blow but having Neto, Gomes and Bouba to come in think we suffer less than other teams.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentioned it on another thread but think key injuries will be a big factor.
Just look how much Newcastle losing Guimeres impacted them.
If Southampton say had Ward-Prowse out for a while it would be a disaster for them.
Hopefully that’s where we have an edge. With Lemina and Hwang getting injured yesterday it was a blow but having Neto, Gomes and Bouba to come in think we suffer less than other teams.

I went through this with my son yesterday on the way home. The players we brought on yesterday were Jonny, Adama, Moutinho, Raul and Podnece. And we still had Collins, Hodge and Bueno on the bench. It just shows the evolution of the squad.

We now have real squad depth.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Agreed. Although I'll be watching, a boring nil-nil would be perfect. Oh and a few red cards, yellows and injuries.
It would although I’m confident enough in our own ability to get out of any relegation trouble though to be worried about other results

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw his interview last night and remember thinking he sounded a total prat. Hopefully he's still in charge there next week and can assist us in taking the points because if he's throwing players under the bus then they're not going to play for him

Imagine going from bottom and two points behind 19th, to eight points clear of bottom inside seven games!

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
This comes down to who wants it most. The fighting spirit we showed yesterday speaks volumes. Keep this up and we will soon be moving up the table. Think the Lads have to play and want to play for this manager . We have a great squad now and it's still early days for most of them. Tough call to say who will be relegated, but we won't.

Back
Top Bottom