Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relegation Rivals

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldnt want to see lage at southampton. Yes he finished with us in a shocking lack of direction and form, but he certainly had us getting wins in his first 6 months to the point we were being seen as an outside chance of champions league, albeit very briefly, and he did the same at benfica in his first 6 months there.
He took over a team that he knew very well at Benfica. He had a full pre-season with us. Both rather different to taking over an unknown struggling team mid-season.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It did make me laugh listening to talkSPORT on the way home on Saturday, a Saints fan phoned up saying Jones needs to go etc. they asked him who they should bring in and he said “I’d take Poch back”.
I'll bet that he would.... Poch likely has other views lol...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone considering saints job wants their head looking at their fans turned after a few bad results and big January spenders. They should stand by their new manager lol

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon they probably will as well. I actually think Steve Cooper is a good manager and that will see them right. Although, the last few times i've seen them play they have looked very poor, they seem to be able to pick up points without playing well, particularly at home

Every time I've watched them on telly they've gone a goal up, survived endless chances against them and somehow won 1-0. Liverpool, Leeds and particularly the West Ham game where they could easily have lost 5-1 and not felt hard done to. Very lucky side.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time I've watched them on telly they've gone a goal up, survived endless chances against them and somehow won 1-0. Liverpool, Leeds and particularly the West Ham game where they could easily have lost 5-1 and not felt hard done to. Very lucky side.
Henderson is a top class keeper. Too good to sign permanently for them. And Navas from PSG had a great debut.
I don’t think it’s rocket science, get a great keeper in, half the defensive work is done. Don’t, and you’re looking down the league rather than up.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can genuinely see Forest getting about 8 points from the next 10 games.
Forest should've got a point at our place but for a wierd goal line decision.
Surprised that it seems that 2 promoted sides are most likely to stay up this season, Fulham and Forest. At least it stops it being a completely closed shop. Saying that, I'd be happy if they went down, Villa of the East Mids.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not surprised after seeing his post-match interview today.

The bloke is a genuine imbecile. You listen to him and realise that our manager is levels and levels above that.
A Sellars type appointment.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s another massive game for us, I just hope we can go in with new found confidence and just professionally ‘get the job done’.

Need to get at them early just as we did with Liverpool yesterday. No fear.
Not sure I want to use the word professional. I want the passion and aggression we saw on Saturday. It was liberating after so much anaemic football in last three years .

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henderson is a top class keeper. Too good to sign permanently for them. And Navas from PSG had a great debut.
I don’t think it’s rocket science, get a great keeper in, half the defensive work is done. Don’t, and you’re looking down the league rather than up.

You're right, but there was some seriously poor finishing from Leeds yesterday and against Liverpool. Van Dijk alone had two clear headers that he wasted.

The West Ham game was on another planet altogether. VAR disallowing goals. 2-3 off the underside of the bar. Handball off the line and a pathetic penalty in response from Rice.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who do the bookies have as the favorites to take over Southampton?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It did make me laugh listening to talkSPORT on the way home on Saturday, a Saints fan phoned up saying Jones needs to go etc. they asked him who they should bring in and he said “I’d take Poch back”.
I heard that too. Genuinely burst out laughing when he came out with that, it was so amusing that it cheered up the Bournemouth fan who was next no end.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I heard that too. Genuinely burst out laughing when he came out with that, it was so amusing that it cheered up the Bournemouth fan who was next no end.
“If wolves can get Lopetegui and villa can get Emery why cant we get Poch.“ deluded saints fans

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was amazed Southampton didn't get Dyche in when they appointed Nathan Jones......the problem nw for both Southampton and Leeds is the obvious short term fix in Dyche has gone ..... realistically for Southampton it's probably lampard, Gerrard or Rafa as the only candidates.,..

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I was amazed Southampton didn't get Dyche in when they appointed Nathan Jones......the problem nw for both Southampton and Leeds is the obvious short term fix in Dyche has gone ..... realistically for Southampton it's probably lampard, Gerrard or Rafa as the only candidates.,..
jones was such an odd choice hard to explain

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
leeds southampton and bournemouth are all in trouble

While teams like everton (got dyche)

Wolves - JL
Villa - Emery

And forest keep throwing money for cooper to keep going

I think forest come unstuck at some point

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
leeds southampton and bournemouth are all in trouble

While teams like everton (got dyche)

Wolves - JL
Villa - Emery

And forest keep throwing money for cooper to keep going

I think forest come unstuck at some point
Next season probably. Just enough time for all the players not playing, to get the hump. Once that sets in, carnage on team spirit.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next season probably. Just enough time for all the players not playing, to get the hump. Once that sets in, carnage on team spirit.
possibly they have a tough run coming up where they may fall back

Saying that palace and leicester arent free of it until you get above 30 points

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like 35 to 38 will get us over the line.

5 more wins

2 of those to come against bournemouth southampton.

At 26 points we should be confident of getting there with the rest of the games to come

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think momentum is very key right now, and looking at the teams at the bottom since the WC break:

Forest - 11pts
Wolves - 10pts
West Ham - 5pts
Palace - 5pts
Leicester - 4pts
Everton - 4pts
Leeds - 3pts
Southampton - 3pts
Bournemouth - 1pt

I think Forest are going to do just enough to stay up, they keep finding a way to win, not necessarily a bad thing for us as we'll get an extra £10m for the summer. Our form would suggest we're trending in the right direction, but obviously the next two games are absolutely massive. Two wins against Southampton and Bournemouth, and we create real separation from the bottom three, and potentially move two managers closer to the sack.

West Ham and Leicester I think will have enough quality in their squads to stay up, I think it's fair to say it would be shocking if either actually ended up going down. I think Everton under Dyche will also have enough because they'll fight tooth and nail for every point.

That leaves Palace, Leeds, Southampton and Bournemouth. I think it'll be 3 from those 4. I'm including Palace because I can't see them picking up many points in their next six games, but their run-in is quite forgiving, it'll really depend if they can pick themselves up from a major slump. 8 of their last 10 games are against relegation rivals, if they can scrap 4-5 wins in that period they'll have a chance.

Leeds, Bournemouth and Southampton fans desperately want their manager gone, but both are going to leave it too late to make an effective change. Leeds only saving grace was they do score goals, but top scorer Rodrigo (10 goals) is out for two months with an ankle injury, and they leak goals. I don't see any of these sides attracting a manager with the mess they're in, especially if they wait any longer. All three spent money in January, but I don't think they have the mix of proven quality or Premier League experience that we managed to get in with the likes of Cunha, Sarabia, Dawson and Lemina.

It's hard to look past those three sides at the moment.

Edit: And I've just seen Marsch has been sacked... that's a little earlier than I would have liked...

Back
Top Bottom