Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relegation fodder

D

Deleted member 4594

Brighton remind me a lot of us under Mick. Very limited, grafters, and not great to watch at all. I’m not saying we should like them, or enjoy their play- but a lot of us are really sounding very snobbish about football now. We are lucky to be watching good football at the moment, even when it’s difficult to see the team struggle to score against Brighton , Huddersfield, etc.
Agree. Why should Brighton come here, be open and lose?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We came from being a founder member of the FL, have a proud history and are a Premier league team playing in the Premier league.

So did Bolton Wanderes !
Lets reflect that with a British coach Wolves would be playing a similar game to Brighton and fighting for survival.

That doesn't seem to be the case at Leicester City. They're currently ninth if I'm not mistaken.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton
Burnley
Norwich
Leeds/sheff
Wba/Leeds/sheff/derby/boro/Bristol

All relegation fodder next season

Likes of

Bounmouth/us/saints/palace/Watford/Newcastle could get sucked into the mix on any bad season but should have enough based on today’s squads although you never know where it comes to it
So the Vile, should they get up, won't be huh..

How unsurprising from you...

Last edited:

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cringe at some of these posts so here goes...

Everton: Spent top 6 money in the last few years trying to break into the top 6. Bizarre to think they aren’t trying to achieve something.

Watford: A bloody good side with a good setup behind the scenes. No chance of going down anytime soon

Burnley: Premier League team on a championship budget. Manager working wonders there and club is working within budgets to be sustainable. Something to be admired imo.

Wolves: Newly promoted team with excellent players and cash. Fans drunk on dreams of glory.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unknown quantity, where have I said they’d be safe??

I left them out as could be in either group I mentioned
Barely scrapped into the playoffs over the season, only two players debatably of Prem quality - McGinn and Greasy - the rest being dire, yet are going to do better than established Prem teams, yeah right... Before you say they will spend, so did Flum.. You are Rego and l claim my prize...

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Why would you like to c Everton go down, great club with the most nolagable fans in the country.
Most nologable? Praise indeed coming from you. I can tell by the way you write, you're very nologable yourself.
He actually said nolagable. I think he means Everton fans drink the least lager of any club’s supporters?

W

we8wba

Barely scrapped into the playoffs over the season, only two players debatably of Prem quality - McGinn and Greasy - the rest being dire, yet are going to do better than established Prem teams, yeah right... Before you say they will spend, so did Flum.. You are Rego and l claim my prize...

Barely scrapped in the playoffs? They are pretty much secured with three games to spare, hardly scrapping.... its a 46 game season not a 23, 33 or 37 game

It’s bit like if palace somehow come above us, they’ve done it over the entire season!!

As for villa, yes got funds and yes put them in both caterogires as funds can be spent wisely or poorly as I’ve already alluded to, twist it to how you perceive as for some reason your obsessed with me and villa

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton seem to have our syndrome, they turn up against the big clubs, just looking at their last 4 home games, city, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal - 7 points, lost away Fulham, Newcastle, Watford.... sound familiar?
Interesting to see if they turn up today for the United game.
They did.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa not going up. Perennial bottlers.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're in the Premier League, you deserve to be there. End of...! If Wolves, Leeds, Wednesday et al want to be in the top division and stay there, they have to earn it. Huddersfield earned that right and yes, the wheels have come off but it's a disgrace what some Wolves fans are voicing right now.
So, if by some miraculous intervention, Wolves got into the quarter finals of the Champions League, would you accept the likes of Liverpool, Manure or Arsenal fans speaking the same way about us??? No, I thought not!

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because I would, the board have lacked any notion of trying to break into the top 6 for years. And Everton are just a team that drifts along.
Nothing against fans...more the club ambition and playing style.

In fairness the club have thrown huge sums of money at trying to break top 6 and they did get in the champions league at one point, although failed to qualify for the group stages.

It's a lack of continuity and coherent planning that holds them back, not ambition and financial backing.

R

reanswolf

The sense of entitlement on this thread is staggering. I can well understand why such views irritate other fans who view us as self-righteous and arrogant.

FFs its only because we struck lucky with Fosun that we are thriving.

I'm not saying we shouldn't enjoy it or embrace it but so many seem to forget where we have come from and how we got to where we are right now - money money money!!

Why dismiss other football clubs as dross or relegation fodder? Its exactly what we were pre-Fosun when we came up previously.

Appreciate your luck, and be like Nuno - humble !!

D

Deleted member 4594

The sense of entitlement on this thread is staggering. I can well understand why such views irritate other fans who view us as self-righteous and arrogant.

I'm not saying we shouldn't enjoy it or embrace it but so many seem to forget where we have come from and how we got to where we are right now - money money money!!

Why dismiss other football clubs as dross or relegation fodder? Its exactly what we were pre-Fosun when we came up previously.

Incredible isn’t it, and we accuse other clubs of arrogance!!
Huge admiration for Burnley and Watford and what they’ve achieved. Ironic that we belittle other clubs now that we’ve won the owner lottery when we’ve lost to Huddersfield and Cardiff this season.
I’ll never forget our fans waving cash at the Hawthorns, chanting loads of money in the 90s while crashing to yet another Black Country derby defeat.

madwolf

Reaction score
Nuno has always had the same mantra from day one with us. Wish some fans would follow the words of Nuno.... stay humble, stay humble, stay humble.

R

reanswolf

Incredible isn’t it, and we accuse other clubs of arrogance!!
Huge admiration for Burnley and Watford and what they’ve achieved. Ironic that we belittle other clubs now that we’ve won the owner lottery when we’ve lost to Huddersfield and Cardiff this season.
I’ll never forget our fans waving cash at the Hawthorns, chanting loads of money in the 90s while crashing to yet another Black Country derby defeat.
I agree Bright, these sort of Wolves fans give us all such a bad name.
I'm not sure why we have an element who are like this. But clearly we do.
Be proud of the club is one thing, but to so quickly look down on others is just incredible.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has always had the same mantra from day one with us. Wish some fans would follow the words of Nuno.... stay humble, stay humble, stay humble.

Absolutely. Start to believe you’re entitled to success and you’re already risking defeat. It doesn’t matter how far or how high Fosun takes us, we should always know where we’ve come from and fight for the next game, title, cup or whatever. UTW

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s only because city got lucky with the Arabs, it’s only because Chelski found abramovic, Real Madrid only win because the government bail them out,.

Wolves got investors because they were a good investment.

Fosun could have bought 20 plus clubs our size that were stagnating, but they didnt.

They chose Wolves.

In your kids lifetime, they will probably never have to watch the **** most of us have seen over the years, thanks to Fosun’s investment.

Yes Wolves are now in a better place, but not lucky.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still stand by my premise that Leeds, Sheff Utd, and even Villa would make the Prem far more interesting than Brighton, Bournemouth and Cardiff. I'll accept my crucifixion. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I still stand by my premise that Leeds, Sheff Utd, and even Villa would make the Prem far more interesting than Brighton, Bournemouth and Cardiff. I'll accept my crucifixion. :rolleyes:
Both promoted teams play pretty good football. Fast, high energy and press the ball. I enjoy watching Leeds as well.

S

Skyraker

Because I would, the board have lacked any notion of trying to break into the top 6 for years. And Everton are just a team that drifts along.
Nothing against fans...more the club ambition and playing style.

I can understand this, I felt the same about Coventry. For years and years they were mid table at best, never really in serious danger of going down, but on the other hand not challenging for anything other than a lucky cup run. For decades they got away with that rubbish, brought nothing to the league, no ambition, simply filler.

Was glad they went down, however I feel for their situation..... that’s not my problem though I feel their relegation was only positive for the league as a whole...they had not heart.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huddersfield Fulham and Cardiff this season

All in the mix next season ....only the top six are immune
We will be immune after the additions to the squad in the summer. Fosun is on a mission.

R

reanswolf

But without our Chinese money, you could substitute Brighton or Cardiff for Wolves, because although we have a great history (many decades ago), we are probably viewed as being a club within the same bracket (30,000 crowds etc) by most people outside the midlands.
Sorry to say. This perception may well depend on ones age, but if you are 50 or younger, Wolves are NOT seen as being bigger than these clubs by many people.

M

merseawolf

You are spot on. The Prem is a weaker league without Leeds and Villa. Both should be in the top division if run properly. Just goes to show there is no divine right these days. The off field stuff is just as important as what happens on the pitch. No good one without the other. Look at Man U failing miserably to challenge for the title. Doesn’t take much for a couple of wrong appointments to snowball a club into decline

M

merseawolf

But without our Chinese money, you could substitute Brighton or Cardiff for Wolves, because although we have a great history (many decades ago), we are probably viewed as being a club within the same bracket (30,000 crowds etc) by most people outside the midlands.
Sorry to say. This perception may well depend on ones age, but if you are 50 or younger, Wolves are NOT seen as being bigger than these clubs by many people.
What about 40?:D

K

Knocker Lite

I can understand this, I felt the same about Coventry. For years and years they were mid table at best, never really in serious danger of going down, but on the other hand not challenging for anything other than a lucky cup run. For decades they got away with that rubbish, brought nothing to the league, no ambition, simply filler.

Was glad they went down, however I feel for their situation..... that’s not my problem though I feel their relegation was only positive for the league as a whole...they had not heart.

In many ways Coventry became the club that Wolves should have been from the late sixties, through the following three decades, because they thought bigger. It started with Jimmy Hill and enabled them to consolidate in the top division.

BorisWolf

Reaction score
Money can't be an excuse anymore in the Premier League. If they don't improve their squad with the 100's millions they get for playing in the best league in the world then they deserve to be relegated. Huddersfield and Brighton are the worst for this, just there to have their 15 minutes of fame and get a big payday. They have no intension of competing.

K

Knocker Lite

Money can't be an excuse anymore in the Premier League. If they don't improve their squad with the 100's millions they get for playing in the best league in the world then they deserve to be relegated. Huddersfield and Brighton are the worst for this, just there to have their 15 minutes of fame and get a big payday. They have no intension of competing.

Both those clubs have spent a lot of money on bang average players.

D

Deleted member 5242

Did you watch the semi? Yes they beat us? But for 79 minutes we was the better team

Agree with this.

I had a look over on their forum and many acknowledge we were looking the much better team for large part of the game, they were just clinical.

All in the past now though, we move on.

R

reanswolf

But that could so easily be us, without Fosun.
Can't see how people can't see the irony of that?

Back
Top Bottom