Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relegation fodder

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know about you lot, but I am quite happy to see Huddersfield, Fulham, and one of Cardiff/Brighton ****ing off for good. Hopefully Burnley goes down next season, and I think Bournemouth will be exposed with VAR next season as the thugs they are.

Not that the crop in the Championship currently will bring exciting football to the Prem, but Leeds, Norwich, Sheffield Utd, or dare I say...the clubs that need not mentioning...would make the Premier League far more interesting than these boring clubs.

D

Deleted member 4382

Hudds or Fulham great for an away day.

Norwich is ****e.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hudds or Fulham great for an away day.

Norwich is ****e.
I think Norwich is a great away day/stop over. Just a bugger to get too.

Huddersfield is such a poor team even the MOTD highlights couldn't make them any better - Empty seats.
Fulham - Cavalier football over a season does not suit the Premier League.
Cardiff - Enough said - Wave bye bye please.
Bournemouth - Yep would not miss them.
I'd love to see someone like Everton drop down, taking the mid table money and play poor football, fleecing the fans for me.

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
I think Norwich is a great away day/stop over. Just a bugger to get too.

Huddersfield is such a poor team even the MOTD highlights couldn't make them any better - Empty seats.
Fulham - Cavalier football over a season does not suit the Premier League.
Cardiff - Enough said - Wave bye bye please.
Bournemouth - Yep would not miss them.
I'd love to see someone like Everton drop down, taking the mid table money and play poor football, fleecing the fans for me.
Why would you like to c Everton go down, great club with the most nolagable fans in the country.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you like to c Everton go down, great club with the most nolagable fans in the country.
Because I would, the board have lacked any notion of trying to break into the top 6 for years. And Everton are just a team that drifts along.
Nothing against fans...more the club ambition and playing style.

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
Because I would, the board have lacked any notion of trying to break into the top 6 for years. And Everton are just a team that drifts along.
Like Wolves ozing tradition playrd more games thantany other club in the to division of England football . ❤️

W

we8wba

Brighton
Burnley
Norwich
Leeds/sheff
Wba/Leeds/sheff/derby/boro/Bristol

All relegation fodder next season

Likes of

Bounmouth/us/saints/palace/Watford/Newcastle could get sucked into the mix on any bad season but should have enough based on today’s squads although you never know where it comes to it

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Wolves ozing tradition playrd more games thantany other club in the to division of England football . ❤️
Obviously, your not getting WHY i said a club like Everton to go down (I think you've said played more games in the top division) is an example to the reason why.. and offered NOTHING

D

Deleted member 8913

Huddersfield Fulham and Cardiff this season

All in the mix next season ....only the top six are immune

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huddersfield Fulham and Cardiff this season

All in the mix next season ....only the top six are immune
Agree. Everton have had their flirtations with relegation, as have Southampton, West Ham and Burnley - who had a more successful season last time around than we are having this year. Wolves could find themselves trying to improve but going backwards but so could Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, just about anybody from 7th down.

Just hope that if Wolves do the three steps forward, one step back, two steps forward, five steps back, Fosun don't pull the plug.

Could so easily be back where we started under Fosun in five years time.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Norwich are really good to watch and i think they’ll add a lot to the league, ****e away day though!

If Leeds come up the media love in with them will be irritating but I don’t think they’d stop up. Anyone else would just be bottom all season.

Thing is you’ve also got Brighton/Cardiff, Burnley, Southampton, even Newcastle/Palace/Bournemouth who could be down there next year. I’ve gotta say the one thing that’s surprised me in a bad way this season is just how poor some of the teams are in the PL. Brighton wouldn’t look out of place in League 1.

jeb01

Reaction score
Agree. Everton have had their flirtations with relegation, as have Southampton, West Ham and Burnley - who had a more successful season last time around than we are having this year. Wolves could find themselves trying to improve but going backwards but so could Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, just about anybody from 7th down.

Just hope that if Wolves do the three steps forward, one step back, two steps forward, five steps back, Fosun don't pull the plug.

Could so easily be back where we started under Fosun in five years time.
Agree that the EPL is probably the toughest and most unforgiving league in in Europe (at the least), but despite some initial clangers (ie Walter Zenga), I think Fosun, with Laurie Dalrymple at the helm, now have a much clearer vision of what is needed to achieve sustained success in this league.
We should never have lost the semi final, but we move on. Watford are here to stay in this league, at least for the foreseeable future, and they, together with teams like Leicester, Everton, and West Ham are the standard against which we need to measure our own progress.
Living in Poole, I wouldn’t mind in the least if Bournemouth went down, with maybe Pompey in a couple of seasons coming back up.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They spent over £300m in the last couple of years, id hardly say the board have lacked any notion of trying to break into the top 6.

jeb01

Reaction score
If we’re talking good away days, hopefully Brizzle will make it through the playoffs (looking less likely at the moment).
To be honest I wouldn’t mind either Albion or Villa coming back up - simply for the derby days.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If we’re talking good away days, hopefully Brizzle will make it through the playoffs (looking less likely at the moment).
To be honest I wouldn’t mind either Albion or Villa coming back up - simply for the derby days.
Bristol or Sheff Utd would be good.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just add Watford to that. Need them to go down next season
Watford will never go down.

As much as we all hate them at the moment, being close to London, and not scared of spending, they will always have decent enough players to remain above halfway.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching both Brighton games, I think they are a shameful advert for football, not deserving of a spot in the best league on the planet.

Imagine those poor buggers that have to go every week.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't really mind who goes down so long as it's not us.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Cardiff have more fight than Brighton.

Whichever of those stay up they're merely delaying the inevitable for next season.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spoke to a Brighton fan who apologised for the boring game but then went on to say that they had to do it to survive. I argued what's the point in surviving if it's another year of that.

D

Deleted member 3751

One of the better sides in the league. Outplayed us twice already.
They didn't outplay us at Wembley. We controlled that game for 75 minutes and then imploded. We'd scored twice and had three or four efforts that on another day go in, all Ruddy had to do until that point was fetch the ball off the ball boys

R

reanswolf

I think describing other teams as relegation fodder makes us look arrogant, its only because of Fosun that we are in this bloody division!
People should remember where we came from and how we got here.

Gedwolf

Reaction score
I think describing other teams as relegation fodder makes us look arrogant, its only because of Fosun that we are in this bloody division!
People should remember where we came from and how we got here.
We came from being a founder member of the FL, have a proud history and are a Premier league team playing in the Premier league.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They spent over £300m in the last couple of years, id hardly say the board have lacked any notion of trying to break into the top 6.
And many other teams have spent copious amount of money on poor players and got nowhere near.
Just think it needs a so call established club to go down like Everton to shake the Prem up posasible with likes of West Ham (again) .
What have they done this season? Last season, season before ? ok Since Moyes left ??

K

Knocker Lite

I spoke to a Brighton fan who apologised for the boring game but then went on to say that they had to do it to survive. I argued what's the point in surviving if it's another year of that.

Lets reflect that with a British coach Wolves would be playing a similar game to Brighton and fighting for survival.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Brighton remind me a lot of us under Mick. Very limited, grafters, and not great to watch at all. I’m not saying we should like them, or enjoy their play- but a lot of us are really sounding very snobbish about football now. We are lucky to be watching good football at the moment, even when it’s difficult to see the team struggle to score against Brighton , Huddersfield, etc.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously, your not getting WHY i said a club like Everton to go down (I think you've said played more games in the top division) is an example to the reason why.. and offered NOTHING
Everton seem to have our syndrome, they turn up against the big clubs, just looking at their last 4 home games, city, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal - 7 points, lost away Fulham, Newcastle, Watford.... sound familiar?
Interesting to see if they turn up today for the United game.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton seem to have our syndrome, they turn up against the big clubs, just looking at their last 4 home games, city, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal - 7 points, lost away Fulham, Newcastle, Watford.... sound familiar?
Interesting to see if they turn up today for the United game.
Looks like they have turned up today too.

D

Deleted member 4594

They didn't outplay us at Wembley. We controlled that game for 75 minutes and then imploded. We'd scored twice and had three or four efforts that on another day go in, all Ruddy had to do until that point was fetch the ball off the ball boys
Must have dreamt Andre Gray missing 2 then. Bottom line is the better team has won both times we’ve played Watford.

Back
Top Bottom