Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ref Watch -Arsenal H

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Watched the incident a few times on the concourse at half-time, and did something I've never done before, I left and walked home. So disillusioned... Seriously, what is the point of football any more?
Don’t blame you. VAR and the referees are killing football. Either they’re really really really really bad at being referees, or they’re cheats. I know which one I think it is.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Arsenal fouls early on, and kicking the ball away. ****well has a chat. First two Wolves fouls and Bueno kicking the ball away later - yellows. ****ing out and out bias if not cheating.
The pen was a disgrace, but passed me by at the time (from the other end). The dissent one summed it up though, no yellow for White throwing the ball at the lino, but Bueno gets one when he kicks the ball away clearly just in frustration. Absolutely pathetically weak ref. Dean is the corrupt one though.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On MoTD they explained, in about 4seconds, that it wasn't looked at by VAR because it wasn't an obvious error...and moved onto the next game!!!! I have never seen a more stonewall penalty. Dean should have instructed Attwell to go the monitor. Should have been a penalty and red card. But this is Arsenal top of the league and little Wolves at the bottom. BENT.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
On MoTD they explained, in about 4seconds, that it wasn't looked at by VAR because it wasn't an obvious error...and moved onto the next game!!!! I have never seen a more stonewall penalty. Dean should have instructed Attwell to go the monitor. Should have been a penalty and red card. But this is Arsenal top of the league and little Wolves at the bottom. BENT.
If that’s the official explanation, wow. Can’t get my breath with these cheats. Not a clear error. Mike Deans got a couple of grand on Arsenal to win more like.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheared said it should have been looked at as it was a pen.. and that he was onside after all.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clear as day penalty… Ref and VAR messed it up once again. Oh dear not heard that line before but there we go

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Took a pit stop on the way up to the game on one of M40 service stations and guess who was walking out of the Men's. Yep Mike Dean didn't look v happy.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something needs to be said and Mike dean shouldn’t have any position in any wolves game again

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh right. 400 replays to watch most hand ball decisions are clear then . Understood

It’s as clear pen as you are ever likely to see . Fuming

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone explain?

Why did the lino flag offside...thought rule was play-on and await outcome & VAR...

...unless blatant offside, but lino was 3 yards behind play

T

TheConcourse

Anyone explain?

Why did the lino flag offside...thought rule was play-on and await outcome & VAR...

...unless blatant offside, but lino was 3 yards behind play
Every single person who affected the moment basically guessed.

No idea how the lino can even consider flagging.
No idea how Attwell doesn’t consider the incident.
No idea how Dean doesn’t check it’s offside.

I want to see Dean sacked. He isn’t competent to perform his role.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Let’s not forget Dean refused to go over to the monitor when Pogba caught Neves.
As for the penalty ,yes it was but under the double jeopardy ruling it was probably a yellow and not a red because there was some form of an attempt to make a tackle although a halfhearted one .
I know we often look at things through gold and black glasses but if that was Salah or Haaland it would be given every time .
As a fellow referee I prefer not to think of such decisions being bent and prefer to think of it as incompetence .I have officiated with many referees who are not only damn fine officials but equally others who have heads bigger than Birkenhead who exuded arrogance .Dean falls into that category,he courts controversy and absolutely wallows in the limelight.

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we stay in the PL I will give up my ST as I don't think it is a fair competition any more, and I simply don't want to watch the ref being the star of the show. If we go down I will renew. No VAR and mainly 3.00 pm kick offs. That'll do me.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not forget Dean refused to go over to the monitor when Drogba caught Neves.
As for the penalty ,yes it was but under the double jeopardy ruling it was probably a yellow and not a red because there was some form of an attempt to make a tackle although a halfhearted one .
I know we often look at things through gold and black glasses but if that was Salah or Haaland it would be given every time .
As a fellow referee I prefer not to think of such decisions being bent and prefer to think of it as incompetence .I have officiated with many referees who are not only damn fine officials but equally others who have heads bigger than Birkenhead who exuded arrogance .Dean falls into that category,he courts controversy and absolutely wallows in the limelight.
Pogba not Drogba mate!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched it back a couple of times and the flag went up after the challenge on Guedes. Meaning if Adama's follow up effort had gone in it would have been disallowed. The Commentator said very quickly the VAR check was over and I think they only showed one replay of the foul. Even Alan Smith expressed surprise as it was clear that the Arsenal player didn't get the ball.
I was pleasantly surprised they made such a thing out of it at half time.
Was no surprise that Attwell and Dean were poor, the only surprise was that Bouba didn't get a second yellow.

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s quite simply. VAR is only works in favour of the top teams. Had that been a foul on an arsenal player, more time would have been allowed to look at every angle and to determine it wasn’t offside then Dean would have instructed Attwell to sprint to the monitor.

I’d like to say I’m shocked and surprised, but I’m not.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Took a pit stop on the way up to the game on one of M40 service stations and guess who was walking out of the Men's. Yep Mike Dean didn't look v happy.
Appropriate because he is full of ****! Hope you told the ****ing ****er that his competence has never matched his oversized and completely unjustified ego. The moron is a Grade A ****! I'm even angrier this morning than l was last night.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
What’s the betting we get a weak feeble apology letter like Everton did, and they hope little old Wolves just move on and forget about it? The lack of honesty integrity and accountability from the officials is a disgrace.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appropriate because he is full of ****! Hope you told the ****ing ****er that his competence has never matched his oversized and completely unjustified ego. The moron is a Grade A ****! I'm even angrier this morning than l was last night.
He’d love the attention the ****.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not forget Dean refused to go over to the monitor when Pogba caught Neves.

Somethings wrong , its blatantly corrupt !

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
And I’ll tell you something else that boils my ****. This clear and obvious error ******! Why are we protecting the officials to the detriment of the game?

If it’s an error…it’s a ****ing error! I don’t give a **** if it’s clear and obvious or not! Since when have the official’s integrity been more important than the actual rules or the game itself?

Stupidly, I thought that was the reason why VAR was brought in!

Our game is a mess, it really is. You get the feeling that there’s too many idiots in charge of our game that are there to justify their existence and getting paid for it!

I’m really starting to dislike football now! What’s the point?

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An official complaint should go in by the club. Absolute disgrace,

A while back now but does anyone remembers Johnny's toenail being offside when Neto scored at Anfield with about 3 hours looking for a reason to rule the goal out?

I think there needs to be fan access to TV coverage and statistical analysis of the bias.
There should be a weekly TV program looking at the referreeing bias and stats.

Another area of bias is the how games are wrapped up with very limited stoppage time when the "right" team is winning but extended stoppage time is played when the "wrong team" is winning or drawing. Fair enough if there has been a load of time wasting but relative timewasting is easy to prove by 2nd half ball in play statistics.

Last edited:

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football is losing its soul, Dean / Attwell and their cohorts are bent, it’s corruption and one day all will be revealed. Sport should be a fair playing field and I’m afraid the game I love isn’t that anymore. #corruption

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Every single person who affected the moment basically guessed.

No idea how the lino can even consider flagging.
No idea how Attwell doesn’t consider the incident.
No idea how Dean doesn’t check it’s offside.

I want to see Dean sacked. He isn’t competent to perform his role.
Actually, I didn't watch enough last night, but that's not correct. @Saltyjim is right, the lino flags after the foul. So he thinks it's offside (because he's behind the play) and let's play go on until the attack finishes (probably should still have waited longer). I'm not sure when Atwell blows the whistle, but once the flag is up you can't blame him. So really it's all on the corrupt (sorry, if he was just incompetent or he'd get mistakes right in our favour occasionally) Dean.

T

TheConcourse

Actually, I didn't watch enough last night, but that's not correct. @Saltyjim is right, the lino flags after the foul. So he thinks it's offside (because he's behind the play) and let's play go on until the attack finishes (probably should still have waited longer). I'm not sure when Atwell blows the whistle, but once the flag is up you can't blame him. So really it's all on the corrupt (sorry, if he was just incompetent or he'd get mistakes right in our favour occasionally) Dean.
The lino flags for offside doesn’t he?

Back
Top Bottom