Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Reds survey: 659 million people support Man Utd..

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a few dotted around - and a few sympathetic like me ;)

I think the massive Far East population weights it somewhat

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd rather cut my nads off than support them or any other 'big' team. Those fans have no idea what football is about.

D

Dewsburywolf

Support - buy merchandise.

Fan - go game/never miss game on tv etc

I'd have put them the other way round to be fair

Supporter = attends games
Fan = buys merchandise/wears around their home town etc. but doesn't necessarily attend games
Follower = only really watches games on TV yet bores everyone rigid that they're their team

H

HUGEWolf

Fan = buys merchandise/wears around their home town etc. but doesn't necessarily attend games
Follower = only really watches games on TV yet bores everyone rigid that they're their team

This

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow...659 million $$$$$ in the world!!

C

cooper_J

I concur!

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roughly, yeah.

If every plastic gloryhunter put his or her hand into his or her pocket and bought the new carpet (shirt), they'd be debt free reasonably quickly.

I'd suggest that a good proportion are in Asian or African countries where an official shirt would cost the equivalent of 1 week's/month's/year's salary (delete as appropriate).

I'd also agree with Dews' categorisation.

J

Jarvo for England

They dont support united. They follow the results and buy a shirt every now an again

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why have Liverpool done a survey about the Red Devils?:eek:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They dont support united. They follow the results and buy a shirt every now an again
I see the same old faces around Chippenham in their Utd gear - want to punch their lights out tbh! One guy had 'Champions' on his back - if I hadn't been with my wife I'd have made a comment but just let it go.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised a club like Chelsea haven't tried to sue manure for unfair competition.

If one organisation sells over a quarter of a product to the market then it's deemed to be a monopoly and (in the UK at least) the competition commission can investigate.

With clubs being run more like entertainment businesses nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if somebody does try and break the market up.

Interesting.....

W

WasStefan

But they only sell 2,000,000 shirts and have only 100,000 one United subscribers... Strange

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Was wondering, does one in ten of Wolverhampton's population support Wolves?

Any estimates (or guesses) on the level of local support for Wolves?

Must be some hotbed areas around the city.

S

SimplyTheWolves

What a load of tosh! 99.9% of them follow the hear and now, even if we won the Prem title just once then within the following three months we would gain 10 million of these 'we only follow because your winning “supportersâ€'.

I suppose the reason they are millions in debt is because they have these millions of fans is it, yeah right.

P

PeteWolf

Molineux Mix Happy Clapper Fanboy = Jez ♥♥♥
In that order.

R

Ralphdog

Many are not fans or supporters or followers. Just followers of fashion. They see a brand and attach themselves to it. Bet most of the far East have never heard of most other PL teams. What created such a successful brand? Sadly we probably know the answer.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed.

I just can't see why any true football supporter would want to support Utd.
1) All those plastic fans are embarrassing.
2) It must be soo boring, to appreciate the highs you have to experience the lows.
3) If your going to go for a club that wins alot pick Madrid or Barca.
4) Your club represents everything that is wrong with football.
The list is endless to be honest.

J

Jungleee

Agreed.

I just can't see why any true football supporter would want to support Utd.
1) All those plastic fans are embarrassing.
2) It must be soo boring, to appreciate the highs you have to experience the lows.
3) If your going to go for a club that wins alot pick Madrid or Barca.
4) Your club represents everything that is wrong with football.
The list is endless to be honest.

Problem with 4 is that most glory supporters don't understand that there are SO many problems with football. Results in daily arguments and confrontations for me now.

BTW, anyone wishing to test someone glory support (ness) just ask them to name all the stands at their chosen team's stadium!! The results are hilarious.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

We probably have more in Norway now, but they can't buy a shirt unless they come to one of two club shops ;-)

S

SimplyTheWolves

If our average gates are anything to go by, yes.

Good point there WV10Wolf. So based on that we are on a par with Man U, as I'm sure Man U don’t have a greater percentage of support inside their city than elsewhere.

So we just need to spread our wings more commercially and combined with a little success we could start raking it in. Or is it a little too optimistic to think beyond Wolverhampton in this department.

The policy of only selling our shirts in official shops in the Wolverhampton area still utterly baffles me, how do we intend to grow financially and popularity wise if we continue with this isolated commercial approach?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That means I was a supporter but only bought a mug so not really a fan and am now a follower but hope I don`t bore people rigid.

D

Dewsburywolf

BTW, anyone wishing to test someone glory support (ness) just ask them to name all the stands at their chosen team's stadium!! The results are hilarious.

Or ask them who their last half dozen managers were. Then (if you're clued up enough) drop in a random player from years gone by. I usually mention to Chelsea fans that the son of one of their past captains used to do the sport on BBC Breakfast but what was his first name?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point there WV10Wolf. So based on that we are on a par with Man U, as I'm sure Man U don’t have a greater percentage of support inside their city than elsewhere.

Be careful. About 8 or 9 years ago Caersws who were playing in the Welsh Premier League at the time averaged gates of 500. The population of the village was around a thousand. Using that stat they were the best supported club in the world as 50% of it's population supported the club. No other club could boast that

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes!

S

SimplyTheWolves

Be careful. About 8 or 9 years ago Caersws who were playing in the Welsh Premier League at the time averaged gates of 500. The population of the village was around a thousand. Using that stat they were the best supported club in the world as 50% of it's population supported the club. No other club could boast that

Well ding my Dognuts!!

T

thaibri2

The good thing about this is 90% of the worlds population hates the $$$$s. I am President of the Bangkok branch of the ABU, Their followers in Thailand are the most horrible lot of carp you could ever meet, most dont know where they play and if you ask them about Bobby Charlton, George Best etc, they look at you as though you are from another planet.

How many are glory hunters?

R

reanswolf

Its incredibly sad what they have become, i would never support a club like that.

Just listening to Talk Sport, it has become normal to hear southern or irish Manure fans. Putrid.

I reckon at least as many kids in Wolverhampton support manure as Wolves. But regards those who go, i bet less than half of Wolves support comes from Wolverhampton (less than 10,000), with 5000 coming from surrounding areas, and 5000 again from further afield.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We probably have more in Norway now, but they can't buy a shirt unless they come to one of two club shops ;-)

Ever heard of online retail? Why do Wolves need any more club shops? By the time you have paid rent, rates, staff costs...i am 10000% sure they would not be turning any profit. If peopel want a shirt/mug/key ring they can go on line.

S

Shergar

Ever heard of online retail? Why do Wolves need any more club shops? By the time you have paid rent, rates, staff costs...i am 10000% sure they would not be turning any profit. If peopel want a shirt/mug/key ring they can go on line.

Ever heard of trying something on before you buy it? Seeing it, feeling it deciding if it's right? Rather than potluck on a parcel turning up 2 weeks later that is the wrong size and the wrong shade of old gold.

The way the stuff gets photo'd and presented on the 'merchandising catalogue' some of it looks alright, when you see it the store (tumblers, golf bits, pink t-shirts, egg shaped footballs, odd shaped slippers and the like) you wouldn't take it home if it was free.

It would be great if our kit was available in the main chain stores for all to decide and buy. Short term profit v Global availability and wider exposure.

Back
Top Bottom