Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Reasons to be cheerful...

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of good pints from a Sussex brewery, in the pub across from the ground.

A taste of the old Neto, which was nice

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you stuck a dodgy stream on at 3pm and feel let down by a bunch of players who have dug out 3 great home wins recently to keep us up, then I reckon get a bit of perspective.
Even then, nope. No need for a purity spiral based on one's location from the club. Perspective is pretty much the same regardless.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely you can see the irony/hypocrisy in your posts when judged against your anti-Nuno rants, but rest easy I get a warning if I have the temerity to reference it.
Rhos mate, I think you need to let this rest now. This is ancient history. Nuno getting the chop was not down to me, honestly! And tbh I'm not sure me criticising JL and individual players after a 6-0 hiding has got any relevance to my views back in the day on Nuno. I'm sure the Mods, myself and other posters are a tad fed up with your constant harping at anything I write. Please, please give it a rest. Thanks.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Even then, nope. No need for a purity spiral based on one's location from the club. Perspective is pretty much the same regardless.
Yes, absolutely. Perspective is we could well have been relegated this season and thanks to Lopetegui and many of his signings we aren't. You don't need to have gone or even watched to know this.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Surely you can see the irony/hypocrisy in your posts when judged against your anti-Nuno rants, but rest easy I get a warning if I have the temerity to reference it.
You’ve been told to stop trolling it yes, it’s gone on long enough, and you’re just looking to provoke. But you only have two actual warnings to your name.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rhos mate, I think you need to let this rest now. This is ancient history. Nuno getting the chop was not down to me, honestly! And tbh I'm not sure me criticising JL and individual players after a 6-0 hiding has got any relevance to my views back in the day on Nuno. I'm sure the Mods, myself and other posters are a tad fed up with your constant harping at anything I write. Please, please give it a rest. Thanks.
Please don't call me mate, thanks.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, if we have to get thumped I would rather it be to Brighton than anyone else. They are one of the best teams around, with some decent fans, and scored some cracking goals. I hope they get Champions league this year. They deserve it.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, if we have to get thumped I would canl rather it be to Brighton than anyone else. They are one of the best teams around, with some decent fans, and scored some cracking goals. I hope they get Champions league this year. They deserve it.
It pains me to say this, but Brighton are streets ahead of us, both on and off the field. Definitely a CL contender next season if they can hold on to their squad

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't happen, that's entirely the point. Brighton's biggest win I think? Our biggest defeat in 16 years in the league? And you're trying to pass it off as one of those things.

I know we can't change it, but we can't change anything?

It's embarrassing to watch a Wolves side not try and not put in effort, IMO.

This is reasons to be cheerful thread, goodness knows there’s enough threads calling for players heads.

So, in the spirit of the thread.

1 - I woke up this morning.
2 - The sun has been shining at last.
3 - I beat @SingYourHeartsOut at Wordle… :smile: only joking SYHO.
4 - Leicestershire have started the cricket season far better than I expected.
5 - and most importantly. A friend of mine has been having treatment for cancer and he has been told that he is in remission. Now that is fantastic news.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is reasons to be cheerful thread, goodness knows there’s enough threads calling for players heads.

5 - and most importantly. A friend of mine has been having treatment for cancer and he has been told that he is in remission. Now that is fantastic news.

Great post Frank, only thing surely beating SYHO is hardly an achievement.
You'll understand after today immersed myself in early Dylan, great news about your friend!!!!

Justawolf

Reaction score
It pains me to say this, but Brighton is streets ahead of us, both on and off the field. Definitely a CL contender next season if they can hold on to their squad
This conveyor belt of quality soon runs out, then they will be back down. Any quality player will get picked off by the big boys. As it did for Leicester eventually.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This conveyor belt of quality soon runs out, then they will be back down. Any quality player will get picked off by the big boys. As it did for Leicester eventually.
Tbh, I'm not convinced that will be the case.
For now, it ain't a bad "conveyor belt".

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worse by far was losing 9-3 at Soton in 1965, the biggest hiding we've had since the War, made even worse by the fact I had gone to the Albion that day with an Albion-supporting school mate, and Albion had beaten Sunderland 6-1... BUT we then went on a10 match unbeaten run!!!!!

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
I remember us losing 6-0 at home to Southampton in Mick’s first season ( March 2007). These things happen occasionally, no need sack everyone or burn your season ticket. Brighton are in great form and we have struggled all season, we just need to survive this next few games and rebuild the side under Lopitigeu.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest positive for me is that - hopefully - this defeat ultimately won't matter in the great scheme of things (because those below us don't look capable of putting together the miracle runs they need). Therefore it was an exercise for Lopetegui - who, despite some peculiar inconsistencies and blindspots, is a very good manager - to help determine which players can be relied upon and which can't.

There were some players who won't have a huge amount of credit left in the bank after today, and that makes certain decisions in the summer easier.

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Worse by far was losing 9-3 at Soton in 1965, the biggest hiding we've had since the War, made even worse by the fact I had gone to the Albion that day with an Albion-supporting school mate, and Albion had beaten Sunderland 6-1... BUT we then went on a10 match unbeaten run!!!!!
I remember that result well. It brought home to me that the glory years were over.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't go. I hate the negativity on here at times like this, but if you're one of the 3k today you have a free pass from me to let rip (not on this thread obviously!)
I try not to be negative but was there today.... My comment to a friend was:

Believe me, we really were that ****! All things being even l think staying in bed would have been a better option!

Enough said....

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there and they scored with every chance we didn't actually play that badly, from what I recall. Today was **** and feel for all thise fans that travelled but the hyperbole on here today compared with Tuesday is off the scale.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So do those who weren't. Today matches the worst result since I started as a Wolves fan 28 years ago, and we were lucky it wasn't worse.
It is not the time to rationalise it as run-of-the-mill MM negativity.
Just a new comer then that explains all

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there and they scored with every chance we didn't actually play that badly, from what I recall. Today was **** and feel for all thise fans that travelled but the hyperbole on here today compared with Tuesday is off the scale.
Yup l have the dubious misfortune of having been at both. No bloody comparison. We actually played pretty against Saints in that game....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So do those who weren't. Today matches the worst result since I started as a Wolves fan 28 years ago, and we were lucky it wasn't worse.
It is not the time to rationalise it as run-of-the-mill MM negativity.
The worst of it was that six actually flattened our performance. It could easily have been ten.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need to put your excellent post from the other thread on here.

This is one of the most embarrassing days in our recent history. How people are even starting threads like this I don't know. And, it was entirely down to effort and application. It's sickening.
Good God lad I remember losing 6-0 to Liverpool at molineux we then went on to be EUFA cup finalists get a grip

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t accept that it was entirely down to effort and application. I think the quality of some of our players took its toll too.
Quality, and frankly to blame JL, complete absence of a plan...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good God lad I remember losing 6-0 to Liverpool at molineux we then went on to be EUFA cup finalists get a grip
I wouldn't class the 70s as our recent history. So you can get a grip and learn to read.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't happen, that's entirely the point. Brighton's biggest win I think? Our biggest defeat in 16 years in the league? And you're trying to pass it off as one of those things.

I know we can't change it, but we can't change anything?

It's embarrassing to watch a Wolves side not try and not put in effort, IMO.
Get over it for Gods sake

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See Saints some years ago too.... Sadly all too true....

Back
Top Bottom