Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

fleck1

Reaction score
I don't really know between Wolves and Mexico what they are playing at, you only have to look at the videos of his cameo last night to see he's miles off it. He looks nowhere near fit or mobile enough to be playing competitive football, I feel a little sorry for Raul after everything he's obviously desperate to go to the world cup.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before then actually - Sasa should never have been played that game either.
You're right @WickedWolfie I myself was at that game and was surprised that Lage played him from the start. I thought he would have started him on the bench and brought him on last 10 to15 minutes or so. When Sasa suffered the ACL injury also they played him on for another 10 minutes.
Same with Raul playing in the LC where he started and scored but took off later probably cause of this long term injury. In other words Lage and the medical staff have been gambling and risking the health and safety of the Wolves players in desperation to score goals.
Same applies to Pedro Neto Lage and medical staff played him on at West Ham when they should have taken him off straight away.

Last edited:

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst outcome is he aggravates his injury, needs surgery, is out for the season and we get relegated because we don't have a fit striker, with his Wolves career ending with him being blamed as a large factor in our relegation.
That last part is extremely harsh and completely unfair. Maybe 1/12th to blame.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That last part is extremely harsh and completely unfair. Maybe 1/12th to blame.

I agree, but you know it will happen. In the same way Roger Johnson and O'Hara were blamed for our previous relegation, despite them only really being guilty of being ****e.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We obviously don't think he's fit to play premier level football. Mexico take a punt and pick him in their squad, nothing Wolves can do about that.
He plays 40 minutes in a half paced friendly and did nothing.
So far, Wolves are right, let us hope that he plays some more minutes and improves.
About the same as his performance at the Bournemouth game than

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody remember Beckham breaking his metatarsal and sleeping in an oxygen tent to be fit for the WC? I'm sure The Sun had a picture of his bare foot on its front page so we could all pray for it to heal.

It's the absolute pinnacle of a players career, everything they've ever dreamt of.

We'd all be doing exactly the same as Raul if we were in his shoes.

Isn't it weird how this is an injury that footballers don't seem to get any more? I assume a change in football boot design made this a common thing for a while but they seem to have corrected it.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ironically we are all arguing but all want the exact same thing to happen; a fit and firing Raul in a wolves shirt again.
We do ...but obviously some , Inc moi , think 4 weeks at wolves , with 95pc of the squad ,and a new manager, would get him fit and firing quicker.

Reactions: Ned

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive difference playing a friendly to gain fitness and playing a competitive premier league game how would he get fit otherwise
Not really….. he could have played 10-15 minutes for the team mates and club that has been there for him at a time we need everyone to muck in!

Sorry to play 45 mins against a premier league centre back less than a week after he was unfit for wolves is a bloody joke!

Shows that he has mugged the club off and not been 100% transparent about where his injury is! He was clearly further ahead than he let on.

Lopetegi is correct to question him and say what he did in the press conference.

He was clearly fit to have played some part in our matches or support the others on the training pitch rather than tweeting and instagram posts for the club he clearly wants to play for!

Reaction score
Isn't it weird how this is an injury that footballers don't seem to get any more? I assume a change in football boot design made this a common thing for a while but they seem to have corrected it.

I’ve always found it strange how different injuries seem to go in and out of ‘fashion’. I normally just put it down to coincidence or me just seeing what I want to see to form a trend in my head

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We assessed his fitness.. are you speculating that we said he was fit enough and he decided he wasn’t and went to Mexico?
Yes…..

He was clearly fitter than what he has said! The club clearly knew what he was doing and I think that fueled what Lopetegi said about Raul.

You don’t go from out injured for months to miraculously fit enough to play 45 mins of international football and a multi game in a week tournament in 6 days….. if he hasn’t lied to the club about his fitness he is a medical marvel and needs to be studied.

Bloke is a liar! Or he doesn’t have the minerals to man up and fight against relegation.

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We all want him back and doing well.
I just don’t see him doing it back in England.
Hope I’m wrong but end of last season or even pre season led me to believe that Raul of old was anywhere near.
Can you blame him he isn’t the same player. Absolutely not. But, our answer stopping in the premier league isn’t Raul.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
The injection is the worry. Players have always had them to get through big games and important stages of seasons and then have either had prolonged rest periods or surgery. If Raul comes back from the WC and has surgery before playing for us then I don’t see how anybody can defend that.
Ned, precisely what I think will happen.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

IIRC a design which became fashionable had the low cutaway at the heel and led to a spate of achilles problems.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Raul was Nuno's player. He was the Mister that he had his best spell under.
Now I'm not sure but it looks like his advisors are orchestrating a way for him and his family to stay in Mexico. If that's the case unfortunately you have to show respect, thank him for being Si Senor and wish him well for the future.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
any truth in the rumours that Rauls house was burgled a couple of months ago? Hence the breakdown at Wolves?
Was told this a few weeks ago but didn't really want to post it due to the sensitive nature. Was "told" family were in the house at the time. His Wife has gone to Mexico obviously distraught and doesn't want to come back. Happened around the time of the Southampton game.

My friend is adamant its true...

W

WasStefan

Was told this a few weeks ago but didn't really want to post it due to the sensitive nature. Was "told" family were in the house at the time. His Wife has gone to Mexico obviously distraught and doesn't want to come back. Happened around the time of the Southampton game.

Yes heard similar recently.

Not sure why the secrecy, it’s happened before at other clubs, and if it got to a prosecution stage it’d be public knowledge anyway

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

No idea, terrible if true. But someone on here said she was at a pumpkin farm a few weeks ago. That's rumours for you!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Raul, ( haha, not in the way my wife does;)), and am still hoping that he can come back and score again for us. I don’t think his not scoring is only attributable to his injury.
I think its because Wolves for the last two seasons, ( or even this one), starve their forwards of good chances.

After Raul returned to play after his head injury, Jota and Doc were gone and Adama had gone off the boil.
Willians, Raul, Silva, Hwang, Neto and Costa have all had trouble scoring.
Therefore, my hope is that Lopetigui can fix the problem of creating regular decent scoring chances.

I may be wrong …….but football is all about hope, right?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are on ten points and need immediate solutions.
Maybe i should hold back on criticising raul until we hear what he says about bruno lage and our medical team. But we can't wait any lomger and need to act early jan with 2 strikers.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Understandable to a degree of course. And of course there is no crime in Mexico.
Bit of an excuse imo...

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should just write off Jimenez for this season, if rumours are true we have strikers lined up in January so there won't be any urgency to rush Raul back into the starting line up.

Hopefully he can get fully fit ( mentally & physically) ready to go and give us one last season, score a few goals and go out on a happy note.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rich folk in Mexico tend to hire armed security.....

Indeed, went there for a seminar for the firm I worked for I the 60’s.

We all went for a meal at the house of the manager of the Mexican branch of the firm, he showed us his gun cabinet and I asked what the one massive gun was for.

He said that one is for any intruder and that he had to make sure he killed the intruder on the premises because if the intruder got over the wall onto the street and died he could be charged for murder.

Different world over there back then.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The article on Raul in the Athletic describes relations between Wolves and the Mexico FA over Raul as still being good, and that his rehab continues with the full knowledge of both parties. It explains that Lage’s description of Raul’s “chronic fatigue” was misleading since the “chronic” part related to his recurring physical injury, and the “fatigue” part related to the impact of the busy schedule on his recovery. Regarding the injection, the article states…

“Jimenez flew from the Mexico training camp in Spain to London for an injection last weekend but it was not, as has been assumed in some quarters, a jab to mask the pain. Instead, it was a planned part of his rehabilitation and happened with Wolves’ knowledge.”

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like nothing more than to see Raul back at Molineux after the World Cup and playing like he did before his terrible injury.

Will that happen, sadly I doubt it. But even if he never plays for Wolves again, he has left a lot of very good memories.

Back
Top Bottom