Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All over. Mexico are naff

Only saw 30 mins but Raul looked to be putting himself about and had a few nice touches.
That's good news then and lets hope Mexico don't get any further than the Group stages and Raul is back fit at Compton after that training with JL his gaffer now

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
To keep playing for Mexico then us will he keep needing injections? Surely something is wrong if this is the case? And to be honest he'll never be the player we remember; Jimenez's issues go way beyond a groin problem.
He’s only played 45 minutes in a friendly it’s still to be seen whether he will take part in any competitive games I agree with you that it’s more than just a groin injury

Reaction score
He'll be having surgery when his injection wears off.

I’ve said before I wouldn’t be surprised if he retires. Can’t say I’d hold that against him either it’s just the lack of communication has caused all this hearsay and made this situation worse. It could have been handled so much better, from all parties.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn’t our place but we hold his contract. If we thought he was fit enough and it was beneficial to all parties then we’d have heard something from the club regarding him going to the WC
I think we’re naturally cautious and concerned that his injury might get worse playing for Mexico.. that’s bad news for Wolves.

If the route of peoples anger is that Raul wants to try and play in his last World Cup for his country, in spite of the risk, then I think that’s a bit unreasonable.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why there is so much debate and anger over this. Raul has not been the same player since he broke his skull. I am grateful he is still alive but frankly, I am surprised he is still playing. If he wants to try to help Mexico in a world cup that's fine, but he isn't good enough to lead the line for Wolves. We need to move on.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I don't know why there is so much debate and anger over this. Raul has not been the same player since he broke his skull. I am grateful he is still alive but frankly, I am surprised he is still playing. If he wants to try to help Mexico in a world cup that's fine, but he isn't good enough to lead the line for Wolves. We need to move on.
This I agree with

Reaction score
I think we’re naturally cautious and concerned that his injury might get worse playing for Mexico.. that’s bad news for Wolves.

If the route of peoples anger is that Raul wants to try and play in his last World Cup for his country, in spite of the risk, then I think that’s a bit unreasonable.

If he’d have been with the club for the past month (he could still have gone and got a second opinion or whatever) then I don’t think anyone would question it.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Davies mentioned him and obviously Lopetegui made a big thing of saying he wasn’t fit
but I agree on the social media side
Tonight, a simple good luck tweet or some form of acknowledgment would have gone a long way and wouldn’t have been difficult to do.

It’s just strange.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Tonight, a simple good luck tweet or some form of acknowledgment would have gone a long way and wouldn’t have been difficult to do.

It’s just strange.
It’s a friendly not a competitive game.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mexico Poland will be the game that determines their fate you would think and that is their first game. I really hope he gets up to speed a little during the tournament should he be selected and just maybe he can get a good amount of minutes in the last group game against Saudi Arabia.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a friendly not a competitive game.
It’s his first game in ages, just a simple tweet. Anything really. I feel the club are letting everybody know that they aren’t on board with this without actually saying anything.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mexico Poland will be the game that determines their fate you would think and that is their first game. I really hope he gets up to speed a little during the tournament should he be selected and just maybe he can get a good amount of minutes in the last group game against Saudi Arabia.
Poland 3- Mexico 0

you heard it here first.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’d have been with the club for the past month (he could still have gone and got a second opinion or whatever) then I don’t think anyone would question it.
I guess if that’s a problem for you, then it makes sense.

As we assessed his fitness and didn’t think him capable of playing against Arsenal (which looks very wise judging on tonight), then I don’t really care where he is recovering. But that’s just me.

I think the real fear here is he gets worse playing for Mexico, or does the operation straight after the World Cup.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck and the very best wishes Raul.

You gave me some of the most precious, very special moments in my Wolves supporting lifetime.

Like others on here, I know next to nothing about your injury details ... but frankly I don’t care ... after what you’ve been through, you fully deserve a crack at helping your country in your last ever World Cup.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Well being in the same country would be a start but I mean being at Compton. It’s not like the whole Mexico squad have been together for the past month.
He was at Compton recently, it’s not unusual for players to return to their own country whilst injured, Neto did as did adama recently

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It’s his first game in ages, just a simple tweet. Anything really. I feel the club are letting everybody know that they aren’t on board with this without actually saying anything.
After Lopetegui said he didn’t want Raul to go as he’s not fit the club can’t say anything really

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Si Senor..Least we forget Raul is a winner and champion as an Olympic Gold medalist with Mexico. and as such will not go down without fighting.
Just like how he fought back to play for Wolves after that horrendous head injury that could have taken his life. Yet he came back from that to be Wolves all time top scorer in the PL. He ain't finished hopefully just yet and when hopefully he comes back from the WC in Qatar he will for sure do his best to fight for Wolves with Julen as winners to help us stay in the Premier League

Reaction score
I guess if that’s a problem for you, then it makes sense.

As we assessed his fitness and didn’t think him capable of playing against Arsenal (which looks very wise judging on tonight), then I don’t really care where he is recovering. But that’s just me.

I think the real fear here is he gets worse playing for Mexico, or does the operation straight after the World Cup.

It just makes me ask why?

Why would he rather be away on his own (in regards of fellow professionals) recovering than with his club around his team mates?

Have we done something to **** him off? Does he just want to be in Mexico? Has he given up on playing for us again? Too much speculation which is the problem for me.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Si Senor..Least we forget Raul is a winner and champion as an Olympic Gold medalist with Mexico. and as such will not go down without fighting.
Just like how he fought back to play for Wolves after that horrendous head injury that could have taken his life. Yet he came back from that to be Wolves all time top scorer in the PL. He ain't finished hopefully just yet and when hopefully he comes back from the WC in Qatar he will for sure do his best to fight for Wolves with Julen as winners to help us stay in the Premier League
I think that’s a nice message to close the thread on.

Reaction score
He was at Compton recently, it’s not unusual for players to return to their own country whilst injured, Neto did as did adama recently

Yes I accept that but not for prolonged periods and not usually when they are anywhere close to being match fit. If I’m not mistaken he was at Compton for a day or two? That’s not a lot compared to the time he’s been away.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yes I accept that but not for prolonged periods and not usually when they are anywhere close to being match fit. If I’m not mistaken he was at Compton for a day or two? That’s not a lot compared to the time he’s been away.
Maybe it’s better for his mental health that was alluded to by Steve Davis perhaps he just feels more comfortable in his own country

Reaction score
Maybe it’s better for his mental health that was alluded to by Steve Davis perhaps he just feels more comfortable in his own country

Perhaps. I hope it does him the world of good and he comes back fit, happy and scoring goals. Sadly, going off his most recent form for us I think we need better to stay up. Whatever happens I hope he doesn’t leave on a sour note because he’s given us some great times.

Back
Top Bottom