Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no doubt he will make the squad, but they are hoping he can play in some of the later games (if they get that far).

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is more important than Ronaldo to us on these boards as Julen Lopetegui has said in his press conference today..
Lets hope he gets back to full fitness during the World Cup and ready for Wolves after?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is more important than Ronaldo to us on these boards as Julen Lopetegui has said in his press conference today..
Lets hope he gets back to full fitness during the World Cup and ready for Wolves after?
Sorry to repeat myself or perhaps go over old ground but I thought he needed a hernia operation asap? As someone who has an inguinal hernia and on the NHS waiting list for an op I know from experience if you over-exert yourself the pain is bad. How can he play football under these circumstances?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to repeat myself or perhaps go over old ground but I thought he needed a hernia operation asap? As someone who has an inguinal hernia and on the NHS waiting list for an op I know from experience if you over-exert yourself the pain is bad. How can he play football under these circumstances?
Snap @northnorfolkwolf I also need a hernia repair operation to an old sport/ work related double hernia operation I had done 30 years ago.
So I know exactly what you're going through. Yet we are still not sure they have related Raul's to a hernia problem as they keep saying it's a groin or abductor problem?
Take it easy buddy as you don't want to get a strangulated hernia do you and end up waiting in A&E for hours in severe pain do you.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Snap @northnorfolkwolf I also need a hernia repair operation to an old sport/ work related double hernia operation I had done 30 years ago.
So I know exactly what you're going through. Yet we are still not sure they have related Raul's to a hernia problem as they keep saying it's a groin or abductor problem?
Take it easy buddy as you don't want to get a strangulated hernia do you and end up waiting in A&E for hours in severe pain do you.
I'm no doctor but be it a hernia, a groin or abductor problem I'd have thought any issue in that area of the body would be adversely affected by strenuous activity? I'll bet as soon as Jimenez gets back from the WC (whether he's played or not) it will be announced he needs surgery and will be out for several weeks/months.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm no doctor but be it a hernia, a groin or abductor problem I'd have thought any issue in that area of the body would be adversely affected by strenuous activity? I'll bet as soon as Jimenez gets back from the WC (whether he's played or not) it will be announced he needs surgery and will be out for several weeks/months.
I think you could be right. He's such an integral part of the mexico side. I can see them pumping him full of pain killers. Hopefully we've ensured they will have to pay compensation should his injury be exacerbated by playing in the WC but then again, they havent paid a cent for the wall.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you could be right. He's such an integral part of the mexico side. I can see them pumping him full of pain killers. Hopefully we've ensured they will have to pay compensation should his injury be exacerbated by playing in the WC but then again, they havent paid a cent for the wall.
Harry Kane is an integral part of the England team but if he hadn't played for months and had some groin issue that most probably needs surgery I don't think he'd be going to Qatar? If he needs surgery then he should have had it many weeks ago, WC or no WC.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think, and this is totally speculative, that Raul will be sold after the world cup. He has lost his confidence here, after the injury, having to wear the headband, lages ineptitude. The couple of chances he missed against Bournemouth that he really should have buried, in, I think, his last game for us. I think he will be sold, and it's certainly not great that he's in their world cup squad after being unable to play for us. He will be remembered with great affection though. A great player for us. And we did well for him too. Now we should both move on.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
This thread continues to plunge into new depths
Everyone is speculating about his injury the guy has suffered mental health issues as well as a long term injury, yet the disrespect on here is appalling
He’s been called up he hasn’t kicked a ball for Mexico they are hopeful of his injury improving enough to play some part
It’s his last World Cup he deserves to be given a chance to play in it.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can't, which is why he isn't.....?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can't, which is why he isn't.....?
Agreed but then why is he in Qatar? I don't buy all this 'he's a Mexican icon' stuff. No international manager takes a player to a WC, however iconic that player is, if he's injured, on the off-chance he may get some minutes on the pitch at some stage. There's most probably some really exciting young Mexican striker sitting at home right now whose thinking 'I could be there'. And to respond to Super Gran's post above, I'm not being disrespectful, I'm just being honest.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but then why is he in Qatar? I don't buy all this 'he's a Mexican icon' stuff. No international manager takes a player to a WC, however iconic that player is, if he's injured, on the off-chance he may get some minutes on the pitch at some stage. There's most probably some really exciting young Mexican striker sitting at home right now whose thinking 'I could be there'. And to respond to Super Gran's post above, I'm not being disrespectful, I'm just being honest.
Perhaps they plan to just bring him on for a penalty shoot out should they end up on one?
Some have actually suggested England do that with the likes of Toney or Ward Prouse .

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone is speculating about his injury the guy has suffered mental health issues as well as a long term injury, yet the disrespect on here is appalling
He’s been called up he hasn’t kicked a ball for Mexico they are hopeful of his injury improving enough to play some part
Playing devils advocate you could look at it from the other side that it’s possible that he’s delayed having an op to give himself a chance of playing in the World Cup which is to the detriment of Wolves.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Just like you were ‘honest’ about Nuno.

Reaction score

We as a club supported him throughout that long term injury and mental health issues. All some have asked for is some clarity on his current injury and why he is fit enough to be a part of the Mexico squad for the past month but not ours?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We as a club supported him throughout that long term injury and mental health issues. All some have asked for is some clarity on his current injury and why he is fit enough to be a part of the Mexico squad for the past month but not ours?
He’s not fit that’s been made clear hundreds of times

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
So he’s going as a cheerleader? Embarrassing for all involved if that’s the case
If it helps his mental health to be around his national team mates as has been said then it’s good for him and good for wolves to get his head right
Also his injury isn’t going to be forever the World Cup is 4 weeks it is still possible for him to play a small part .
Coady goes to England as a cheerleader

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his press conference
Ahh okay.. I had taken that a bit differently.. I thought he was saying he was worried about Raul’s injury potentially getting worse as he hasn’t played a minute recently.. and that he (Lopetegui) was more concerned with Wolves than the World Cup

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Ahh okay.. I had taken that a bit differently.. I thought he was saying he was worried about Raul’s injury potentially getting worse as he hasn’t played a minute recently.. and that he (Lopetegui) was more concerned with Wolves than the World Cup
Yes that’s how I took it too.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
The whole situation with Jimenez is unusual, it could be down to his mental health, his behaviour could be an indirect result of his head injury (change in personality), could be he fell out with Lage/Sellers/Shi (we saw similar behaviour from other players at the end that wasn't like them, Boly, Coady, Saiss.....), could be they are trying different ways to accommodate his recovery etc

Simple fact is no-one really knows and in this situation best to give him the space and time he needs.

If the issue was with personnel however, I'm hoping Lopetegui is the man who can bring Raul back and get him firing again.

Personally, for me, it always comes back to the fact that this man almost gave his life playing for the club, and he deserves nothing but to be treated with respect and compassion.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole situation with Jimenez is unusual, it could be down to his mental health, his behaviour could be an indirect result of his head injury (change in personality), could be he fell out with Lage/Sellers/Shi (we saw similar behaviour from other players at the end that wasn't like them, Boly, Coady, Saiss.....), could be they are trying different ways to accommodate his recovery etc

Simple fact is no-one really knows and in this situation best to give him the space and time he needs.

If the issue was with personnel however, I'm hoping Lopetegui is the man who can bring Raul back and get him firing again.

Personally, for me, it always comes back to the fact that this man almost gave his life playing for the club, and he deserves nothing but to be treated with respect and compassion.
Can’t argue with any of that.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

100% agree

Back
Top Bottom