Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Radio WM “It’s a Goal Kalxon”

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
I was just watching the Leicester goal from last night and when the goal was given they played the klaxon that WM used on their station. Now I’m not saying we should use it but I can’t listen to radio WM anymore and wondered if they still use it. I have so many good memories sitting with my dad listening to the away games and as the Klaxon sounded “it’s a goal” me and him shouting C’mon me babbies!!!

Was this just us or Did anyone else do this?

D

Deleted member TW5162

They still use it if you listening to a game on FM. Haven’t heard it when our commentery is on DAB.

It is iconic to me also - always reminds me of my grandad sitting next to his big old radio downstairs.

My grandparents used to run a shop and off license and I remeber him always poking his head through the door into the back room from the shop whenever the Klaxxon went off if he was serving.

Good times.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
As a young boy living in South Wales I used to spend my Saturday afternoons up a ladder standing halfway in the loft holding a radio that was very faintly tuned into Radio WM. Some Saturdays I could pick it up, some I couldn't. It depended on the weather I think. The goal klaxon, followed by 'There's a goal at Molineux' used to set my heart racing.

Interesting, later in life I lived in Leicester and the local BBC station there used to have the same goal klaxon but they only played it if Leicester scored, whereas on WM it just signified a goal at the game. It could have been for or against.

D

Deleted member 3518

Remember when Beacon used to play a Judas Priest track every time the Wolves scored, circa 1978.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we discussing Klaxons, klaxxons or kalxons? I’m confused.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember when Beacon used to play a Judas Priest track every time the Wolves scored, circa 1978.

Put yourself in our hands so our voices can be heard
And together we will take on all the world

D

Deleted member 3518

Cheers, good memories, maybe the basis of a new terrace song.

D

Deleted member 6526

As a young boy living in South Wales I used to spend my Saturday afternoons up a ladder standing halfway in the loft holding a radio that was very faintly tuned into Radio WM. Some Saturdays I could pick it up, some I couldn't. It depended on the weather I think. The goal klaxon, followed by 'There's a goal at Molineux' used to set my heart racing.

That racing heart. As a young lad of around 15 or 16 I used to be sat in a little front room with what we used to call a computer (ZX81) moving pixels the size of your little fingernail around while listening to WM (for younger folk, the ZX81 had no sound and you plugged it into the telly). I would be half listening while playing, and my heart used to jump, do a spin and restart, this went on week after week and I fell in love with it. The match became more important than the computer in that little front room on Saturday afternoons. Eventually one day I am listening to the pre game build up and thought to myself "why don't I just go to the match?". So got myself just round the corner and on the 529, the next thing I am stood outside the ground asking old boys where I go. I did not know anyone that went to the matches. Before you know it I am stood on south bank belting them out.

It was that WM klaxon that started it all, and now some 35 years later you will have to excuse me because I have to get ready to go to a cold Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom