Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Quotes from films

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't wish to steal the thunder of the best film thread, but thought that this topic might tease out a few memorable lines.
To start the ball rolling (and this is from memory rather than searching for the precise words). From "No country for Old Men", the sheriff and his men turn up at the aftermath of a gunfight between drug gangs, bodies and blood everywhere. A deputy says "It sure is a mess sheriff", to which the sheriff (Tommy Lee Jones) replies, "well if it ain't, it'll sure do till the mess gets here".

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read somewhere that the scene in the restaurant in Goodfellas (You’re a funny guy...)
was ad libbed

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that we've had this before, but like a really good movie, okay to repeat. :D

Here's one of my favorites, not the whole thing...

Do ya feel lucky, well, do ya, punk?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
" Intent Inspector Callahan just how do you establish intent ? "

" Well when I see a naked man with a butcher knife and a hard on I figure he ain't out collecting for the Red Cross ! "

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From "Hell or high water"

The naughty/deranged brother attempting to chat up a hotel receptionist
"Honey, when you are old and sat in your rocking chair, you're gonna think of me and giggle"

caradon wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
" I mean to kill you in one minute Ned or see you hanged at Judge Parker's convenience, which'll it be ? "

" I call that bold talk from a one eyed fat man ! "

" Fill your hands you son of a bitch ! "

caradon wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
“During one of my treks through Afghanistan, we lost our corkscrew. We were
compelled to live on food and water for several days“

(WC Fields)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Die Hard...

“Ooooh, the quarterback is toast “

Last edited:

Stingray II

Reaction score
Bob Hoskins (Long Good Friday). One of the best British gangster films ever made. Watch it.
His response when the visiting American Mafia declines his offer of a business relationship, humiliating him. It's best viewed, as this short angry ****ney mobster verbally lays into two American Mafia businessmen, so the dialog is here to remind those who saw it.

"I'll tell you something...I'm glad I found out in time just what a partnership with a pair of ****ers like you would've been. A sleeping partner's one thing, but you're in a ****ing coma! No wonder you got an energy crisis your side of the water! But us British, we're used to a bit more vitality, imagination, touch of the Dunkirk spirit, know what I mean?
The days when Yanks could come over 'ere and buy up Nelson's Column...an 'arley street surgeon and a couple' a Windmill Girls are definitely over!
Shut up you long streak of paralysed ****. What l'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world:
culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?
We're in the Common Market now, and my new deal is with Europe. l'm going into partnership with a German organisation. Yeah! The Krauts! They've got ambition, know-how, and they don't lose their bottle. Look at you...The Mafia? I've **** 'em.
Hey hold up, where's Victoria?"

That last line is significant, if you see the movie.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bob Hoskins (Long Good Friday). One of the best British gangster films ever made. Watch it.
His response when the visiting American Mafia declines his offer of a business relationship, humiliating him. It's best viewed, as this short angry ****ney mobster verbally lays into two American Mafia businessmen, so the dialog is here to remind those who saw it.

"I'll tell you something...I'm glad I found out in time just what a partnership with a pair of ****ers like you would've been. A sleeping partner's one thing, but you're in a ****ing coma! No wonder you got an energy crisis your side of the water! But us British, we're used to a bit more vitality, imagination, touch of the Dunkirk spirit, know what I mean?
The days when Yanks could come over 'ere and buy up Nelson's Column...an 'arley street surgeon and a couple' a Windmill Girls are definitely over!
Shut up you long streak of paralysed ****. What l'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world:
culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?
We're in the Common Market now, and my new deal is with Europe. l'm going into partnership with a German organisation. Yeah! The Krauts! They've got ambition, know-how, and they don't lose their bottle. Look at you...The Mafia? I've **** 'em.
Hey hold up, where's Victoria?"

That last line is significant, if you see the movie.
Saw this once a long time ago and really enjoyed it. Can’t remember what is significant about the last line.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nellis Air Base, early 1990s

My wingman quoted Maverick and Goose as we got a Gun kill on a US F-14 Tomcat without him seeing us until we overtook him.,
“I got the need, the need for speed-
Ah ha Jesters dead”

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.’

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure that David Attenborough wildlife documentaries count!

That reminds me. Full Monty and Gerald has told Dave that he gets spontaneous erections at bad times.
Dave - “Take your mind off it, think of something else, like wildlife documentaries “

Gerald “But I like wildlife documentaries”

Dave “Yes Gerald, but they don’t give you a hard on do they?”

Gerald “Errrrr”

D

Deleted member 3573J

'slow is smooth, smooth is fast' - from Shooter.

I follow this phrase for any job I carry out.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another classic....

When Harry met Sally......

“I’ll have what she’s having”.

Last edited:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was feeling lucky.;);)

Sure you didn't edit your post later?:p Try another on:

Go ahead, make my day
No, I didn't edit, I would have liked to put the whole line in but couldn't remember word for word.
The quote is great, about the number of shots fired and, "this is a .44 magnum the world's most powerful handgun"....etc.
..something about not remembering how many bullets left, but delivered with a menace that only a younger Clint Eastwood could do.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May West in Night After Night....

Hatcheck girl to Mae....”Goodness, what lovely diamonds”.
Mae to girl....”Goodness has nothing to do with it, dearie”.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't wish to steal the thunder of the best film thread, but thought that this topic might tease out a few memorable lines.
To start the ball rolling (and this is from memory rather than searching for the precise words). From "No country for Old Men", the sheriff and his men turn up at the aftermath of a gunfight between drug gangs, bodies and blood everywhere. A deputy says "It sure is a mess sheriff", to which the sheriff (Tommy Lee Jones) replies, "well if it ain't, it'll sure do till the mess gets here".
Fun thread, Thank you.
Maybe ask posters to only quote from memory....not from Google, honour system.....just for the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom