Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Put your finger on what we lack?

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Being conscious for the first 25 minutes of games?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A goalie who can save shots and be good with his feet, two 6'5" centre backs who are also quick, a 6'3" defensive midfielder who can screen a defence ala Palhinha, a number ten ala Odegaard and a number 9 who can shoot, hold the ball up and run the channels.

Until we have all of those elements, we just need to stick to 5 at the back, pace in attack.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero leadership
A lack of physicality
Absolutely zero up top
Weak in every challenge
Totally half hearted
I think you’ve summed it up pretty well.

We were far too soft and easy to play against today.

One thing I would add is that we are also very slow in everything we do. Too laboured. We have got to move the ball around much more quickly.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Enough talented individuals. We have a couple and the rest are just bang average.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A manager who is experienced enough to be a premiership manager……

GK, CB and striker also needed

And a chairman who actually knows anything about football.

Is that too much to ask for lol

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our foundations at the back are just poor.

Mismatch of a squad.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we just **** GON off and bring Nuno home now????

It is Christmas, a time for family to be together/reunited.

Do the right thing jeff!!

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We lack players who are streetwise and know the dark arts of a football match.

We are too nice … starts with the captain. Ours is someone you wouldn’t mind your daughter bringing home.

We don’t have anyone who runs around snarling and looks like they hit every branch of the ugly tree when they fell out of it.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owners with ambition
Manager with gravitas and experience
New squad
Ground investment

None of which is likely in my lifetime.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lack desire
And we have plenty of complacency.
There are three worse teams so that’s ok then !

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
We lack players who are streetwise and know the dark arts of a football match.

We are too nice … starts with the captain. Ours is someone you wouldn’t mind your daughter bringing home.

We don’t have anyone who runs around snarling and looks like they hit every branch of the ugly tree when they fell out of it.
Totally correct - So tongue in cheek my suggestion is Pick the match day squad out of the South Bank - they will fulfil all your criteria. But we may not finish with 11 or any players on the field

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our expectations don't match the level of our players. A part of that is the inflated price tags for some of them.

I love our players but they're not as good as players that play in better clubs. If they were, they'd be playing there.

This is our level.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of Urgency
And tempo

I agree with that. But not sure if we have the players, especially up front, who can play with that tempo. Our passing in the final 3rd was terrible today. We broke down most of our attacks ourselves with a wayward final pass. After nearly 15 minutes of the second half, we still hadn't made one succesful pass in the final third (since half time) -where West Ham were in double figures on the same stat. We had the ball down the end, we just failed to do anything with it.

When Paqueta did the one-two with Bowen in the second half that led to their third goal, that was what we had been failing to do all afternoon. And I think we do try it. But at tempo, the ball goes anywhere for us.

We are basically a "running" team. We are right up there on beating defenders by running past them, but down at the bottom for passing. We have no one who can play an incisive pass through the middle with any consistency. And the faster the tempo, the worse our passing gets.

It's a big part of why we struggle to create and ultimatlely struggle to score. Whether we can up the tempo and pass to our players more often, I don't know. Whether coaching or player aptitude that is pretty much set for them when they get to their mid 20s?

Anyway, I suspect this is why we often don't play at high tempo, because when we do, we invariably give the ball away cheaply. Got punished for it on every goal conceded today.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the number of clean sheets we've kept this season tells me the defence isn't up to scratch, but also the middle bit as well as the front part ;)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Quality, pace and athleticism all over the pitch. Only RAN, Neto, Lemina and Cunha are players that could play in a better side and we’re not good enough to be without two of those.

Competent recruitment. Didn’t sign one player over the Summer who is a clear upgrade on what we had.

The Manager has done pretty well considering the above but is also a downgrade on what we had.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shameful refereeing shouldn't take away from the fact we were abysmal.

Horrendous in defence. Poor in midfield and clueless in attack. Similar to the last 3 performances, we just lose our marbles as soon as we get in or near their box. What are these guys being coached? More like something is being coached out of them.

Millsywolf22

Groupie
Reaction score
Zero leadership
A lack of physicality
Absolutely zero up top
Weak in every challenge
Totally half hearted
All of that.....on the beach....training game....even belle-garde has learnt to go backwards now, they all go backwards lack of movement in front of them. Can't defend,can't tackle and we only seem to score when we need to.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
We have a team of players suitable for tiki taka football and a manager who wants to play the old fashioned way….and all of the above too!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, we don't have enough quality. We're a midtable team this year.

Neto is a huge huge loss.

We're a team that needs to be at 100% every game & without the likes of Neto, RAN, etc we're going to struggle.

Don't understand anyone thinking we're more than midtable.

Back
Top Bottom