Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pundits/Debate Wolves Opinions.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it would be good to have a thread where we could keep all the Wolves related opinions from the so called experts, most of it will be nonsense.
No doubt we will be talked about on The Debate on Sky Sports, MNF etc, Soccer Saturday.

To start, last night I heard Liam Resenior on the Debate deadline special, to begin with he was complimentary about Nuno last season. When our transfer incomings showed up on screen he questioned our lack of PL experience but did note was had Ruddy and.. Afobe.. Well researched there. When asked if we had too many Portuguese he said it could be a problem and questioned whether our loan players would have the heart if things didn't start well, Ian Wright also agreed with this.

I look forward to Charlie Nicholas saying nice things about us on Soccer Saturday.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paul Merson grades our transfer business.....

MERSE SAYS: Again, I don't know a lot of the players but they are buying players for big money. Even without those players, I thought they'd be alright this season because they were outstanding last season. They played some great football and if they come in and play like they did last season, they'll cause problems to a lot of football teams. I'm looking forward to seeing Wolves because they were so far ahead of everyone in the Sky Bet Championship, it'll be interesting and they could have some real scalps this season.

Quite complimentary, but if he doesn't know anything about the players we have bought, he needs to get his head out of his backside.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MERSE SAYS: Again, I don't know a lot of the players but they are buying players for big money. Even without those players, I thought they'd be alright this season because they were outstanding last season. They played some great football and if they come in and play like they did last season, they'll cause problems to a lot of football teams. I'm looking forward to seeing Wolves because they were so far ahead of everyone in the Sky Bet Championship, it'll be interesting and they could have some real scalps this season.

Quite complimentary, but if he doesn't know anything about the players we have bought, he needs to get his head out of his backside.
Its absolutely mind blowing and quite frankly embarrassing for someone in his position if he doesn't know anything about the likes of Moutinho, Patricio.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Alan Smith predicts us to finish 12th.

‘Wolves are likely to be an exciting side to watch after some incredible signings and could be everyone’s second team’.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He says " I don't know a lot" --I cannot see anywhere that he states that he doesn't know anything --quite a difference really don't you think ??

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He says " I don't know a lot" --I cannot see anywhere that he states that he doesn't know anything --quite a difference really don't you think ??

Of all the players we have bought, 5 played for us last season, 2 are Portuguese legends, 1 was one of The Championship's best players and 2 of them were at the World Cup (Dendoncker even played against England). So to say he doesn't know a lot of the players is very poor.

I'd forgive the average fan for maybe 'not knowing a lot of the players', but when it's your job to comment on football, it's not hard to do a tiny bit of research is it?!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the typical pundit is the best the nation can come up with, I have no choice but to advice you that the days of empire are well and truly gone.

Last edited:

JonkersWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Of all the players we have bought, 5 played for us last season, 2 are Portuguese legends, 1 was one of The Championship's best players and 2 of them were at the World Cup (Dendoncker even played against England). So to say he doesn't know a lot of the players is very poor.

I'd forgive the average fan for maybe 'not knowing a lot of the players', but when it's your job to comment on football, it's not hard to do a tiny bit of research is it?!

Agreed, but I'm not surprised by it. They're so focused on the top 4-6 sides. Wait until 10 games in when Moutinho has been performing brilliantly and they'll make out that they knew all along that he'd be a top player for Wolves when we signed him!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don Goodman was decent last night on SSN saying this will only be the start and Fosun want big success. Now obviously he is going to know more about Wolves than most pundits but this is something that surprised me....A lot of these pundits still don't know how big Fosun are and the ambition they show.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It startles me the lack of insight by these pundits. It's as if they don't really do any research outside of what they know about the big six clubs, the London clubs and the odd other match they watch. I imagine they just go out eating and drinking then rock up at the studio and a stream of consciousness flows out. Oh for some serious and interesting insight into EVERY team and their players particularly tactics and formations.

AberWolf

Reaction score
This was all said last season but on a smaller scale because, as much as Sky like to talk it up, nobody cares about the Championship and even less about League One! I don't want to be everyone's second team or media darlings like Newcastle or Liverpool, who can't do any wrong. They haven't liked us for years and they can get stuffed now we're interesting and relevant to them. The longer we keep ourselves to ourselves the better.

HK Wolf

Reaction score
By process of elimination (they publish team by team guides over two weeks) the Guardian have got us down for 10th. Full article should be up in a couple of hours.

T

TheWiseWolf

Agree about KA. As a player he passed sideways and backwards without leaving the centre circle. Surprisingly good as a pundit.

E

E is for idiot.

I had it away with his ex years ago...not a happy bunny :D:D

A friend of mine ****ged one of my ex girlfriends. I wasn't happy about it purely because he was sneaky about it. If he hadn't tried to hide it I wouldn't have been fussed. Anyway, I digress. I tried to make him look a **** in the pub and asked him how the second hand pussy was. He said

"After the first 2 or 3 inches it's pretty much brand new."

This classic joke was brought to you by the 70s.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a sad reflection of British football, this lack of real knowledge displayed by those who are supposed experts. Paid a huge amount for it, too. Seems like it's just an old boys club at the top, raking in the money for nothing. No surprise our national teams often look like they are decades behind the rest.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Most of these pundits didn't have much of an education outside of football and so 'researching using the written word' is never going to be their strength, although you could pick up the essentials from just reading the daily express and meld that to your wisdom and experience. You'd also think that by talking to people in the world of football all day, that some facts outside of the top six and London might sink in.
I put the blame on the TV companies. They see and hear this nonsense year after year and they still choose and pay these people.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Safe to say steve mcmanam wont be saying anything good about us this season

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paul Merson on Watford: "I thought Nordin Amrabat was one of their best players last season, I thought he played well a lot of the time."

... Amrabat spent last season on loan at Leganes.

Unbelievable Jeff

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paul Merson on Watford: "I thought Nordin Amrabat was one of their best players last season, I thought he played well a lot of the time."

... Amrabat spent last season on loan at Leganes.

My God!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a sad reflection of British football, this lack of real knowledge displayed by those who are supposed experts. Paid a huge amount for it, too. Seems like it's just an old boys club at the top, raking in the money for nothing. No surprise our national teams often look like they are decades behind the rest.
Those that can manage do, those that can't pontificate.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news this week, "experts" Lawro and Merson have us down to lose 2-1 so that scoreline wont happen.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crap pundits, commentators and media personalities is just how it is and always was in football. There maybe around 1m people in the UK that regularly attend professional matches but there are at least 10 times more who watch on TV and who consider themselves to be experts on the game. Pundits like Merson and Wright appeal to the millions of "geezer" types who watch on Sky. The Ray Winston betting ads are also targeted at these same people. Merson and Wright's views are at around the same level of superficial received wisdom that most of their viewers have and so thats why they are popular. I dont mind either of them but I also dont take either of them seriously. I much prefer Merson and Wright though to the pompous git that is Garth Crooks. Commentators dont get much more clueless about the game than Clive Tyldsley.

I also noticed that Sky have sneaked Gobber Carragher back onto their screens this season. Just cant take the guy seriously any more and I'm amazed that Sky havent dropped him.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news this week, "experts" Lawro and Merson have us down to lose 2-1 so that scoreline wont happen.

Yes I see Lawro on his BBC page has 2-1 to Leicester but the bloke he is up against in his predictions is someone called Tom Grennan who is a singer now as an old git I have no sodding idea who he is yet I like him as Tom has 2-0 Wolves ! ( just off to google him ! )

Back
Top Bottom