Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Priorities before the window closes

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without Doyle we need another striker haven't seen anything from Sigurdarson or Cassidy to show they can do the job alongside Griffiths.

Haven't seen enough of MaCalinden to have an opinion of him but the fact he's behind the two above doesn't bode well.

Also need a winger, 2 wingers if Sako leaves. O

No problems now with defence (at this level) centre midfield and goalkeepers.

Yes feel that Griffths needs a big man along side him to play off, Doyle is not forming a partnership with him at the moment as good as he has played

C

cedric harper

Totally agree with your point. Stearman has played an excellent part of a good central defensive pairing that has only let one goal in 3 league matches. He makes just one slip on a wet pitch and the boo boys make their predictably pathetic and negative comments.

Stears and Danny have formed the basis of a first class central defensive partnership. Last season Stears showed at Ipswich how good he can play with a few decent players around him.

KJ is no idiot and from the get-go went out of his way to make sure he stayed to play his part in the heart of the Wolves defence.

Now he is back to playing in his best position [not at right-back] and has Danny to play alongside he will prove his detractors wrong.

So back to the thread, you are happy with our squad as it stands. Still stand by what i say about Stearman even Saunders could see he wasn't that good.

C

cedric harper

I hope Stears is helping the physios sort out Dave Edwards ankle so some of you can get of his back and find someone else to pick on.

Great pair you are defending there, one can only play about 4 or 5 games before getting injuries and the other costs us too many points through his mistakes during the season. I picked on Saunders last season as he was a waste of space, any comments you want to make about that.

Only pick where it's deserved not just for the sake of it. UTW

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So back to the thread, you are happy with our squad as it stands. Still stand by what i say about Stearman even Saunders could see he wasn't that good.

Not at all - as I have said elsewhere I believe that if we keep Sako and Doyle we should achieve promotion this season. If we want to make this a certainty and as well see us equipped for a challenge on promotion to the PL then we will need to add 2-3 new players...

I would like to see this realistic and achievable aim be genuinely and enthusiastically supported by Steve Morgan and JM as well as Kenny Jackett.

The negative impact of the past couple of seasons on our great club can be turned around. "Back-to-back promotion" should be adopted as our stated mantra to help bring pride back to our wonderful club.

D

Dewsburywolf

The negative impact of the past couple of seasons on our great club can be turned around. "Back-to-back promotion" should be adopted as our stated mantra to help bring pride back to our wonderful club.

Whilst I agree with this in principle aren't we just inflicting a little bit too much pressure on our youngsters (over expectation)? Softly softly catchee monkey for me

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do take your point DW but feel on balance that a stated aim to turn things around and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat would do more good than harm.

Back
Top Bottom