Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre Season Training

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
has it started yet? would be interested to read snippets of Nuno taking training and all of that jazz

D

Deleted member 5242

End of the month I believe.

our mate Pauly G for example is still wine and dining his beautiful wife around various exotic locations after the gruelling season he had with us.

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see Ikeme was back in the Wolves Gym yesterday so fair play to him

Old Heathen

Groupie
Reaction score
Started my own pre-season. Drinking more alcohol a day :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First week back involves a lot of testing, so wouldn't expect many clips of training in the first few days.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Duckens has earned that. Good physique & pace & a few tricks, so Nuno might make something of him!

W

we8wba

End of the month I believe.

our mate Pauly G for example is still wine and dining his beautiful wife around various exotic locations after the gruelling season he had with us.

Tbf it's hardly gladons fault

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf it's hardly gladons fault

True but also shows he's not going to put the effort in. We have a new manager therefore every player has a clean slate snd you would expect every player to want to prove themselves.

D

Deleted member 5962

True but also shows he's not going to put the effort in. We have a new manager therefore every player has a clean slate snd you would expect every player to want to prove themselves.

From what I gathered from his situation plus how his former club have been talking about getting him back, he could likely be trying to engineer a contract termination, heracles has said they want him back, but they dont want to pay for him because they know we dont want him and they think we are gonna pay him off, so maybe he is trying to force the payoff and go back home?

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I want them in early and doing a Huddersfield up Cannock Chase or wherever.

Much has changed and it would be remiss of KT if he hasn't planned any bonding activities to bring it/them together.....would be an astute move.

But do we do astute?? :(

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can think of a fair few who we all know could get clean slate after clean slate but will never be good enough. I hope Nuno has some of them sussed already through viewing our games from last season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant actual clips of training, will be plenty of videos throughout pre-season of course

There were clips of the first few days of training showing running drills last pre season. Also interviews with coaching staff in the first week back.

W

we8wba

Once again I get your point but it's their summer holiday

Free to do what he wants

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once again I get your point but it's their summer holiday

Free to do what he wants

Agreed, but of those players on social media most seem to have taken their holiday at the start of the break and had a rest but are now preparing themselves for preseason.

Graham and ikeme have been in the gym, Batth has been running and doing extra sessions with a trainer.

While we all may have opinions on players, they have a new coach to impress with none of the old regime to cloud his judgement. To me, if I was one of the players who was on the fringes of the squad or my future was uncertain, I would want to do everything I could to impress and make sure I was fully prepared for Monday.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno won't have long to assess an awful lot of players, meanwhile the clock ticks in terms of the transfer market. That's the trouble with having a new guy in, it takes time to assess certain players that we all know are simply not up to standard and sadly never will be. The need for a striker (or two) is obvious but will he be able to quickly see our central midfield options are desperately average to poor - after all Dangerous and others will be putting on their very best front to the world and will be supported by Thelwell no doubt. If two new central midfielders are not signed then we will know Evans, Price, Coady and Edwards have got away with it for another season. Ronan hopefully will shine out and be given a good chance in pre season to stake a claim - its only his lack of stature that might count against him. Saville hopefully on his way to Millwall. Not sure what's happening to Prince - again hopefully he will be given a good chance to show he has something to offer - if indeed he has.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I gathered from his situation plus how his former club have been talking about getting him back, he could likely be trying to engineer a contract termination, heracles has said they want him back, but they dont want to pay for him because they know we dont want him and they think we are gonna pay him off, so maybe he is trying to force the payoff and go back home?
If they want him back they should pay for him. We paid them, what? £1m? They could get him back for much less than that. I don't see why we should incur further costs and pay him off.

D

Deleted member 5962

If they want him back they should pay for him. We paid them, what? £1m? They could get him back for much less than that. I don't see why we should incur further costs and pay him off.

It is a rather cutthroat business, they smell blood in the water and a way to get the player back for nothing, while still keeping the 2 million euros we paid.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a rather cutthroat business, they smell blood in the water and a way to get the player back for nothing, while still keeping the 2 million euros we paid.
It makes no sense for us though, I don't see why we'd do it. It's not like paying players off is common. We did it with a few when we went down to League One but that was exceptional circumstances. If Heracles want him back, then I imagine a few other Dutch sides would also be willing to have him. Even if we loaned him out with a team covering "X" amount of his wages it'd be better for us than paying him off.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am assuming that those involved in the Internationals (inc Hause and Iorfa) will be given permission to come back a week later? ISTR that happening before.

However, if I was them I'd be in work on Monday morning looking to hear what the new Coach and staff have to say, and trying to impress them with my commitment and willingness to learn!!

T

turner845

I am assuming that those involved in the Internationals (inc Hause and Iorfa) will be given permission to come back a week later? ISTR that happening before.

However, if I was them I'd be in work on Monday morning looking to hear what the new Coach and staff have to say, and trying to impress them with my commitment and willingness to learn!!

They definitely won't be in on Monday morning as they are still in Poland with the England U21s as they have the semi-final v Spain on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 5340

They definitely won't be in on Monday morning as they are still in Poland with the England U21s as they have the semi-final v Spain on Tuesday.
.....So that's them free to come in on Wednesday morning then :/

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Arhhh, tes,thanks. Thought the tournament finishrd this weekend. Eitherwsythey should come straight in when released from international duty!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes no sense for us though, I don't see why we'd do it. It's not like paying players off is common. We did it with a few when we went down to League One but that was exceptional circumstances. If Heracles want him back, then I imagine a few other Dutch sides would also be willing to have him. Even if we loaned him out with a team covering "X" amount of his wages it'd be better for us than paying him off.
If Gladon was to go he would probably want compensation for lost wages as he is most likely on a lot more here than he would get elsewhere.
So I agree if the terms are not reasonable for us then let him rot or loan him out.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh Hause, Iorfa and graham look like a bunch of bell ends in their pic, just missing kid n play.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I wonder if Nuno will turn up? Has he been seen or heard from since his press conference?

D

Deleted member 5962

I wonder if Nuno will turn up? Has he been seen or heard from since his press conference?

He's been on holiday like the players, He came to us straight after the end of season at porto and spent a while sorting the contract details and getting his feet under the table, then took his holiday while the players were away and there wasnt much for him to do.

Back
Top Bottom