Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

PPG - 19/20 (Post Lockdown)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi,

For whatever reason, I cannot post charts in the old PPG thread after the move over to the new site, so hopefully the Mods will allow me to start a new thread for those of you who enjoy a good chart! :)

@bod101 @Mutchy thanks for your tech support in the background - I thought I'd try this as a last resort - if you want to merge with the old thread feel free, although if I can't still post in it, we might be doing this after every match. I can only assume there is something wrong with that thread.

GW31
3 points - Bournemouth (h) - 2 out of 2 since the restart!
PPG - 1.58 (up 0.05)
Extrapolated points total = 60

Up to 1.58, our highest PPG since Man C at home. Not sure the comparison to previous seasons is relevant at the moment, however based on the past 10 years, this would see us finish 7th on average.

wolves_chart_1_BM.JPG

We are still 2 points behind our equivalent points from last season, however we are now 5 points ahead of our total from GW 31 last season. The next 4 equivalent fixtures last season gave us 5pts, so hopefully we'll better that.

wolves_chart_6_BM.JPG

As ever, home & away results are pretty close to identical, with away having the slight edge. Our much improved (this season) record against the bottom 6, hopefully stands us in good stead vs Villa, before we enter a little run against teams near us (Arsenal, Sheff Utd & Everton)

wolves_chart_4_BM.JPG

wolves_chart_5_BM.JPG

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we are 7pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money

wolves_chart_7_BM.JPG

Unbeaten in 7, 1 loss in the last 10

wolves_chart_3_BM.JPG

PPG by month - "March" (March and June), is our best period of the season and sets us up nicely for the run in

wolves_chart_2_BM.JPG

Again, for what its worth (given the pts per place are lower this season - as illustrated by the chart). We were 16th points BEHIND 6th at this stage last season, now we have a little gap to 7th.

wolves_chart_9_BM.JPG

The games are coming thick and fast and I'll do my best to keep on top of it - forum permitting.

Thanks for looking.

Shuttlewolf

Reaction score
Hi,

For whatever reason, I cannot post charts in the old PPG thread after the move over to the new site, so hopefully the Mods will allow me to start a new thread for those of you who enjoy a good chart! :)

@bod101 @Mutchy thanks for your tech support in the background - I thought I'd try this as a last resort - if you want to merge with the old thread feel free, although if I can't still post in it, we might be doing this after every match. I can only assume there is something wrong with that thread.

GW31
3 points - Bournemouth (h) - 2 out of 2 since the restart!
PPG - 1.58 (up 0.05)

Up to 1.58, our highest PPG since Man C at home. Not sure the comparison to previous seasons is relevant at the moment, however based on the past 10 years, this would see us finish 7th on average.

View attachment 15899

We are still 2 points behind our equivalent points from last season, however we are now 5 points ahead of our total from GW 31 last season. The next 4 equivalent fixtures last season gave us 5pts, so hopefully we'll better that.

View attachment 15900

As ever, home & away results are pretty close to identical, with away having the slight edge. Our much improved (this season) record against the bottom 6, hopefully stands us in good stead vs Villa, before we enter a little run against teams near us (Arsenal, Sheff Utd & Everton)

View attachment 15901

View attachment 15902

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we are 7pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money

View attachment 15903

Unbeaten in 7, 1 loss in the last 10

View attachment 15907

PPG by month - "March" (March and June), is our best period of the season and sets us up nicely for the run in

View attachment 15908

Again, for what its worth (given the pts per place are lower this season - as illustrated by the chart). We were 16th points BEHIND 6th at this stage last season, now we have a little gap to 7th.

View attachment 15909

The games are coming thick and fast and I'll do my best to keep on top of it - forum permitting.

Thanks for looking.
Great to have this back Giantwolf - thanks.

I appreciate this is being fussy but is there any chance that the bars in Wolves HvA and v top six, middle, bottom 6 can be same colours ie all games blue and points black in both charts.
Sorry but I am a pedant for consistency.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to have this back Giantwolf - thanks.

I appreciate this is being fussy but is there any chance that the bars in Wolves HvA and v top six, middle, bottom 6 can be same colours ie all games blue and points black in both charts.
Sorry but I am a pedant for consistency.

no problem. Normally the first thing I check at work. I’ll rectify

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GW32
3 points - Villa (a) - 3 out of 3 since the restart!
PPG - 1.63 (up 0.05)
Extrapolated points total = 61

Up to 1.63, our highest this season. Based on previous seasons (past 10 years), this would still see us finish 7th on average.

wolves_chart_1_AV.JPG

This week is the first week since the first game of the season that we have more points (collectively) from our equivalent fixtures compared to last season (52 vs 51). We also now have 5points more at this stage than the exact same stage last season

wolves_chart_2_AV.JPG

As ever, home & away results are pretty close to identical, although now having played the same number of games home and away, we have 2 additional points on the road than at home.

Our much improved record this season against the bottom 6 was improved further this weekend - over half of our points have now come against teams currently in the bottom 6, hopefully we can improve our "vs other 8" record in our next few games (Arsenal, Sheff Utd & Everton).

wolves_chart_4_AV.JPG

wolves_chart_6_AV.JPG

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we remain 7pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money

wolves_chart_7_av.JPG

Unbeaten in 8, 1 loss in the last 11, 3 wins on the trot for the first time this season.

wolves_chart_3_AV.JPG

PPG by month - March and June, is our best period of the season and sets us up nicely for the run in

wolves_chart_5_AV.JPG

Again, for what its worth (given the pts per place are lower this season - as illustrated by the chart). We were 16 points BEHIND 6th at this stage last season, now we have a little gap to 7th.

I might try and do this for 5th place..........

wolves_chart_8av.JPG

And finally, an old chart which isn't worth showing every week, but thought worth digging up seeing as all our goals post restart have been in the second half - 73% of our goals have all come in the 2nd half this season (up from 64% last season).

wolves_chart_9av.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Shuttlewolf

Reaction score
GW32
PPG - 1.63 (up 0.05)

Up to 1.63, our highest this season. Based on previous seasons (past 10 years), this would still see us finish 7th on average.

View attachment 15994

This week is the first week since the first game of the season that we have more points (collectively) from our equivalent fixtures compared to last season (52 vs 51). We also now have 5points more at this stage than the exact same stage last season

View attachment 15995

As ever, home & away results are pretty close to identical, although now having played the same number of games home and away, we have 2 additional points on the road than at home, with away having the slight edge.

Our much improved record this season against the bottom 6 was improved further this weekend - over half of our points have now come against teams currently in the bottom 6, hopefully we can improve our "vs other 8" record in our next few games (Arsenal, Sheff Utd & Everton).

View attachment 15996

View attachment 15997

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we remain 7pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money

View attachment 15998

Unbeaten in 8, 1 loss in the last 11, 3 wins on the trot for the first time this season.

View attachment 15999

PPG by month - March and June, is our best period of the season and sets us up nicely for the run in

View attachment 16000

Again, for what its worth (given the pts per place are lower this season - as illustrated by the chart). We were 17th points BEHIND 6th at this stage last season, now we have a little gap to 7th.

View attachment 16001

And finally, an old chart which isn't worth showing every week, but thought worth digging up seeing as all our goals post restart have been in the second half - 73% of our goals have all come in the 2nd half this season (up from 64% last season).

View attachment 16002

Thanks for looking.
Brilliant, thanks for this update

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GW32
PPG - 1.63 (up 0.05)

View attachment 15994

View attachment 15995

As ever, home & away results are pretty close to identical, although now having played the same number of games home and away, we have 2 additional points on the road than at home, with away having the slight edge.

View attachment 15996

View attachment 15997

View attachment 15998

View attachment 15999

View attachment 16000

Again, for what its worth (given the pts per place are lower this season - as illustrated by the chart). We were 17th points BEHIND 6th at this stage last season, now we have a little gap to 7th.

View attachment 16001

View attachment 16002

Thanks for looking.
Thanks giantwolf, I’ve missed this.

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you GW. This is the thread I missed the most during lockdown. So pleased to see it back.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GW33
0 points - Arsenal (h) - well, ****-nal pretty much sums it up - back to earth with a bump after those weekend results
PPG - 1.58 (down 0.05)

Down to 1.58, which is where it was before the Villa game and on course for a 7th placed season based on previous years.

wolves_chart_7_ars.JPG

We remain 5 points better off than this time last season, however slip below the "equivalent games" points again

wolves_chart_5_ars.JPG

Starting to slip back on home performance - 2 less points from 1 more game vs away.

Our results vs the "middle order" are our biggest sticking point this season and that was proved again on Saturday. Fingers crossed we can buck the trend vs Sheff U & Everton.

wolves_chart_2_ars.JPG
wolves_chart_6_ars.JPG

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we are now 10pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money. We would need to win all our remaining games to finish of the same points as them (for the purposes of this comparison only) - but lets be honest, it was never a target, just a bit of fun comparison.

wolves_chart_4_ars.JPG

First defeat in 9 games, so a good little run has come to an end. Of the previous 4 times we've had a "run" come to an end, its 50:50 between whether it carries on with another loss, or we get something from the next game - fingers crossed.

wolves_chart_3_AV.JPG

PPG by month - er..... our worst month of the season so far (albeit from only one game) ;). Looks like Mar/Jun will remain our best "Month" as even if we win all our games, we cannot now beat that in July.

wolves_chart_1_ars.JPG
Despite the disappointment this week, its important to remember where we were this time last year - 17 points behind 6th and two places worse off.

wolves_chart_8_ars.JPG

Thanks for looking, despite the difficult read!

Shuttlewolf

Reaction score
GW33
0 points - Arsenal (h) - well, ****-nal pretty much sums it up - back to earth with a bump after those weekend results
PPG - 1.58 (down 0.05)

Down to 1.58, which is where it was before the Villa game and on course for a 7th placed season based on previous years.

View attachment 16129

We remain 5 points better off than this time last season, however slip below the "equivalent games" points again

View attachment 16130

Starting to slip back on home performance - 2 less points from 1 more game vs away.

Our results vs the "middle order" are our biggest sticking point this season and that was proved again on Saturday. Fingers crossed we can buck the trend vs Sheff U & Everton.

View attachment 16131
View attachment 16132

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we are now 10pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money. We would need to win all our remaining games to finish of the same points as them (for the purposes of this comparison only) - but lets be honest, it was never a target, just a bit of fun comparison.

View attachment 16133

First defeat in 9 games, so a good little run has come to an end. Of the previous 4 times we've had a "run" come to an end, its 50:50 between whether it carries on with another loss, or we get something from the next game - fingers crossed.

wolves_chart_3_AV.JPG

PPG by month - er..... our worst month of the season so far (albeit from only one game) ;). Looks like Mar/Jun will remain our best "Month" as even if we win all our games, we cannot now beat that in July.

View attachment 16134

Despite the disappointment this week, its important to remember where we were this time last year - 17 points behind 6th and two places worse off.

View attachment 16135

Thanks for looking, despite the difficult read!
Thanks Giantwolf, as you have said previously it’s never as easy to produce after a defeat, much appreciated.
More opportunities this week.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well worth looking at even after defeat, thanks GW

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morning, please forgive me missing a week - I was rather busy with work and frankly after such a gut wrenching outcome vs Sheff Utd, the desire to try to squeeze it in wasn't there

GW35
3 points - Everton (h) - what a way to bounce back!
PPG - 1.57 (up 0.04)
Extrapolated points total = 59

Up to 1.57 (compared to Sheff Utd, down 0.01 from the last update). On course for a 7th placed season based on previous years.
wolves_chart_7_eve.JPG

We remain 5 points better off than this time last season, however we have 1 less point than the "equivalent games" from last season.
wolves_chart_5_eve.JPG

One point more from home than away, albeit from one more game.
Our results vs the "middle order" have been a sticking point this season and 3 points from 3 games, pretty much sums it up. Fingers crossed that 3 points puts us in good shape for games vs Burnley & Palace

wolves_chart_2_eve.JPGwolves_chart_6_eve.JPG

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we are now 8pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money. Even if we won all our games remaining, we wouldn't be able to catch them up. Lets see what happens at 9:30 with regards the European spots

wolves_chart_4_eve.JPG

3rd time we've lost 2 on the trot - this is the first time we came back and won 3 losses in the last 14 games isn't too bad, its just annoying they came when things were looking particularly rosy.

wolves_chart_3_eve.JPG

1 PPG for July so far - winning all our games will see us finish with 2 PPG for the month

wolves_chart_1_eve.JPG
1 place better off than this time last season
wolves_chart_8_eve.JPG

Thanks for looking

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks giantwolf. I always enjoy looking at these, especially after a win, so not a bad thing that you didn't do an update after Sheff U.

Shuttlewolf

Reaction score
Morning, please forgive me missing a week - I was rather busy with work and frankly after such a gut wrenching outcome vs Sheff Utd, the desire to try to squeeze it in wasn't there

GW35
3 points - Everton (h) - what a way to bounce back!
PPG - 1.57 (up 0.04)

Up to 1.57 (compared to Sheff Utd, down 0.01 from the last update). On course for a 7th placed season based on previous years.

View attachment 16233

We remain 5 points better off than this time last season, however we have 1 less point than the "equivalent games" from last season.

View attachment 16231

One point more from home than away, albeit from one more game.

Our results vs the "middle order" have been a sticking point this season and 3 points from 3 games, pretty much sums it up. Fingers crossed that 3 points puts us in good shape for games vs Burnley & Palace

View attachment 16228View attachment 16232

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we are now 8pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money. Even if we won all our games remaining, we wouldn't be able to catch them up. Lets see what happens at 9:30 with regards the European spots

View attachment 16230

3rd time we've lost 2 on the trot - this is the first time we came back and won 3 losses in the last 14 games isn't too bad, its just annoying they came when things were looking particularly rosy.

View attachment 16229

1 PPG for July so far - winning all our games will see us finish with 2 PPG for the month

View attachment 16227
View attachment 16234

Thanks for looking
Thanks, looking forward to update on Thursday

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgive the light commentary, bit busy at work today......most of the charts are accompanied with a "arggh" or "beep VAR"
GW36
1 point - Burnley (a)
PPG - 1.56 (down 0.01)

Down to 1.56 - very much firmly on course for a 7th placed season based on previous years.

wolves_chart_6_burn.JPG

We are now just 2 points better off than this time last season, but have exactly the same points from the "equivalent games" from last season.
wolves_chart_4_burn.JPG

Back to having exactly the same record away from home as at home - 28 points from 18 games

Our continued disappointing record vs "middle order" remains a sticking point this season.

wolves_chart_7_burn.JPG

wolves_chart_5_burn.JPG

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we are back to 10pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money.

wolves_chart_3_burn.JPG

Our 14th draw of the season, and I feared our failure to take advantage of our pressure would bite us on the bum and it did. If we want to progress, we probably need to convert a fair few of these draws into wins.

wolves_chart_2_burn.JPG

1 PPG for July so far
WOLVES_CHART_1_BURN.JPG

wolves_chart_8_burn.JPG

Thanks for looking, lets hope Palace are on the beach.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GW37
3 points - Crystal Palace (h)
PPG - 1.59 (up 0.03)

Up to 1.59 - very much firmly on course for a 7th placed season based on previous years. (So fingers crossed Arsenal don't win the cup). Hopefully Chelsea will spoil the Liverpool celebrations this week and take their foot off the gas a little for us as I can't see Palace beat Spurs.

PALACE_7.JPG

3 points better off than the equivalent games last season, 2 points more than we got in the whole of last season - pretty impressive, especially after the slow start and maintaining European football too
PALACE_5.JPG

Back to having a slightly better home record compared to away. I've been a bit bored of saying the home & away record is exactly the same throughout this season, but I'd be delighted if it ended that way as it would mean we'd have picked up 3pts in London once again.
Last nights game helped up improve our record vs the "middle order", lets hope Sunday allows us to improve vs the top 5 also!
PALACE_2.JPGPALACE_6.JPG

For what its worth (I've started so I may as well finish!), we are 7pts behind Man City's equivalent 2nd season of money.

PALACE_4.JPG

3 unbeaten, lets make it 3 wins out of 4 at the weekend

PALACE_3.JPG

1.4 PPG for July so far - our 5th best month. A win would edge it up to 1.67, so would be on a par with October and Feb

PALACE_1.JPG

PALACE_8.JPG

Thanks for looking, fingers crossed the players still like London, even behind closed doors

North Bank

Reaction score
Great work as always!

Just looked up Man City's 3rd season of money (2010/11) and they finished 3rd on 71 points, 4 more than 09/10. Wouldn't mind at all being 7 points behind that again. Anything around 65 points and you're in the running for European places, this season you'd possibly be 3rd!

Back
Top Bottom