Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Posters critical of Ruben Neves

fleck1

Reaction score
I can see him signing a new deal, even if it's for no other reason than to protect his value to the club. He knows Jeff won't treat him like Levy did Kane last summer. He seems to have a genuine love for the club and the fans, appreciates what the club have done for him and his family. Always comes across as one of the real good guys in the game. I think he's pushing on now, faster than we can keep up with. Just imagine him in a top top side, that's always on the front foot, offering him more time and space on the ball. It will be a sad day when and if he moves on.

R

reanswolf

I'd have thought 'adults with eyes' could see that like all players, Ruben (no e before the b) Neves has good games and poor games. When he plays well, ala last night, he gets loads of praise, but he's played poorly in the past and is not immune from criticism.
Imo, he's a very good player when on form, but not a 'great' player. Hopefully he will become one as he has time on his side. He is certainly no Wolves' legend (yet).
I rated him 9 out of 10 for his performance and sublime goal last night, so give praise where I think it is due. I've also criticised his performances where I think they warranted it. It's a game of opinions and your attempt to dismiss the opinions of other fans as laughable is as unwarranted as the extreme criticism of Ruben that you seek to downplay.
I understand your point, and of course it’s all relative, and indeed there are games he doesn’t play as well.

But by some distance, he is our best player in my lifetime, I think he undoubtedly already has legendary status because in the modern game, who would have predicted he would spend 5 seasons with us.

He isn’t immune from criticism, but he is as good as it can get for us overall. 99% of Wolves fans absolutely idolise and adore him. Including those who criticise. We are no different to other fan-bases though, it’s just as football fans we are all different.

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Lets try to get some balance here about any players performance on any given day - they are not computers - they will have good, great and bad days on the pitch and the funny thing is they can have good great and bad patches in any one game. Deriding players for a bad day at the office is a bit pointless , but I do understand in the heat of the moment a few expletives about a particular player if they mess up ..is fine . That's why the threads covering games can look a little lop sided until we get some positive play.
Anyway top 6 is still just about ...nearly ...achievable next two games should be wins for that to continue to be a possibility.
And Ruben is god in my eyes.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if you can’t also see that he is hindered by not having a more mobile physical type midfielder to take off some of the heat, then you can be accused of short- changing him. At times he is simply overrun. Class is permanent, form is temporary.
Let’s get Kante off Chelsea

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho and Neves are supreme. But the way they are used by a manager gets them criticism.
It is a testament to their professionalism that they play the way they are told by the manager. Even though they may not be happy.
Moutinho plays the same way he has his entire career, I’m sure he’s more than happy how he is asked to play. Similar story with Neves tbh.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand your point, and of course it’s all relative, and indeed there are games he doesn’t play as well.

But by some distance, he is our best player in my lifetime, I think he undoubtedly already has legendary status because in the modern game, who would have predicted he would spend 5 seasons with us.

He isn’t immune from criticism, but he is as good as it can get for us overall. 99% of Wolves fans absolutely idolise and adore him. Including those who criticise. We are no different to other fan-bases though, it’s just as football fans we are all different.
I 'hear' what you say and respect your opinion. I guess I'm a bit older than you, so have seen more players at Wolves. In the 'old days', players used to spend longer at clubs and would be given a testimonial after 10 years, so Ruben's 5 years at Wolves is really nothing the shout about, although of course, times have changed.
I like Neves (I don't idolise any footballers) and love it when he plays as I know he can, such as last night. I want him to play well and when he does, he gets loads of praise, as I said. He's not the best player in my lifetime, although he's probably the best at Wolves at the moment (although if Neto develops as he was last season, that may be different). I'd like Neves to stay at Wolves, but accept that he will move on at some point. Let's enjoy him while we have him, certainly while he can do what he did last night.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is still only just 25. He looks much older
That's what playing for us does to our footballers...

Seriously, he sits in midfield with Broadbent and Flowers in my best-ever team, and that's truly great company.

Long may Ruben reign at the Molineux.

ManSolo

Reaction score
I love Nuno but I’m not wrong though. Rueben holding hands with the centre backs did my head in.
You won’t see it, or admit that’s he’s been better under Bruno as it isn’t part of your agenda so pointless arguing.

This season's stats compared to under Nuno is really telling.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220311-130213368.jpg
    Screenshot_20220311-130213368.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 70

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanctimonious threads like this do my head in.

No player is immune to criticism, and Neves deserved plenty of it last season.

He’s been brilliant recently but needs to add that consistency to his game, like Bruno said.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The funniest thing about this forum is posters, adults with eyes, who have been critical of Rueben Neves.
Read plenty of it at lunchtime, absolutely hilarious.
It’s laughable that folk who act like they know football don’t rate this man. Comfortably our best player since I started in 1988, we are ****ing privileged to have him. A ****ing rolls Royce of a player.
Wasted by Nuno, well done Bruno on getting the best out of him.
Going to be a sad, sad day when he goes, absolute legend.
Has anybody been critical of him. I mean, other than particular poor game moans and groans. If it’s on a scale of not wanting him to play, like Dendonker levels of criticism then you have a point. Otherwise, he’s not immune to criticism after having a bad game.
Personally, I’m astonished that he still plays for us. That goal last night just made me smile. No cheers, just a wondrous joy and knowing belief that we have a top-tier, Bergkamp level player at Molineux. Love him to bits.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is the best Wolves player I have ever seen in my 50 years as a Wolves fan - his goal tonight was just incredible - if he played for Manure, Scousers, Citeh et al the TV would be creaming over it - take a bow Ruben you Golden Boy
Didn’t even get a mention on 5Live this morning. A ‘worldie’ from Guimarães for Newcastle was though, so that must have been something from space!!!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible player a joy to watch.

But as footballers, Robbie Keane and Neto better (since 1998)

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
Didn’t even get a mention on 5Live this morning. A ‘worldie’ from Guimarães for Newcastle was though, so that must have been something from space!!!
which is similar to what i said earlier,if it had been on of the VAR6 they would have a programme of it

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

New contract would be ideal, worst case scenario it adds £10Ms to his price - unless we are doing a Mendes special for someone,

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ultimate professional, never moaning or angling for a move, just gets on with his job.
Unlike some other so called super stars constantly in the news almost weekly " Is he staying or is he going ".

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As good as that goal was from Guimaraes was, it was instinctive and he just put his foot out and backheeled it into the net. Good goal yes.

Rubens goal was measured and intended. He controlled the ball from a header, took a step with it and chipped it expertly over the goalkeeper. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Thats my opinion anyway. Give me Rubens goal any day.

Lets see who wins Goal of the Month shall we!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanctimonious threads like this do my head in.

No player is immune to criticism, and Neves deserved plenty of it last season.

He’s been brilliant recently but needs to add that consistency to his game, like Bruno said.
Well said. I too hate these sort of 'I know better than you' threads. EVERY Wolves fan will consider Neves to be probably one of, if not the best players they have ever seen at Molineux. He was on the beach v Palace and I said so. Great as he is he is not immune from criticism. Ridiculous thread.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is with me, I wish the title wasn't a negative one. The opener poster posts a very good post supporting the footballing genius, that is Ruben Neves. However, having a thread titled, Posters critical of Ruben Neves, comes across as a thread that is critical of Neves, when in truth it is a very positive post defending him.
It is a shame the title of the thread couldn't be, Ruben Neves is God incarnate, or something similar. Then it could be mentioned in the opening post how could anyone ever question his pure genius. Of course people can write what they want and choose the title they want. I just think it is a negative title, but a very good post.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho plays the same way he has his entire career, I’m sure he’s more than happy how he is asked to play. Similar story with Neves tbh.
I feel there was some unhappiness by those guys in November to January 2021

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anyone help, please?
Neves gem of a goal yesterday remind me of Podence’s similar attempt this season but I can’t remember against who.
It was practically identical but the keeper got to at the last moment and saved it going into the top corner.
Anyone remember the which game it was?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Centre back, Streatham. I was only talking about our best-ever central midfielders.

Would certainly have William Ambrose Wright as one of my all-time central defenders, though!
Centre half to be pedantic but a fair point. In my head he was a defensive mf crossed with a sweeper. I never saw him play though.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anyone help, please?
Neves gem of a goal yesterday remind me of Podence’s similar attempt this season but I can’t remember against who.
It was practically identical but the keeper got to at the last moment and saved it going into the top corner.
Anyone remember the which game it was?
I’m bumping this.

Back
Top Bottom