Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Possibly the most boring thread - flask of coffee

D

Deleted member 4594

That's a new one on me, matey. It sounds more offensive than the Villa cabbage. :)
:D I remember meeting a couple of lads on the train to Palace years ago (won 3-2 Geoff Thomas winner) and they showed me the newspaper trick!

S

ShropshireLad

:D I remember meeting a couple of lads on the train to Palace years ago (won 3-2 Geoff Thomas winner) and they showed me the newspaper trick!
It's called the Chelsea Brick is it? I didn't know that but it seems to be a very effective weapon. I've never had to use it yet and suppose I never will but I have it ready lest I should. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll bet they don't confiscate combs. A very nasty weapon indeed, especially the metal ones, but that is my service training coming to the fore.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think they started the feeling up in the 80’s, though I could be wrong. When I used to go to matches with some dodgy mates in my late teens, they used to attach flick knives to their knobs, so couldn’t be found out by a quick feel by the blokes on the gates at away matches.
The old Coseley Circumcision.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I take a flask of coffee laced with Jamesons & a small blanket I was given in Iceland (the country not the store) to put over my legs:) as I approach my 60s I need comfort not fashion :)

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's called the Chelsea Brick is it? I didn't know that but it seems to be a very effective weapon. I've never had to us it yet and suppose I never will but I have it ready lest I should. ;)

I thought it was a Millwall brick? Chelsea have a ‘smile’ named after them do they not?

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, a newspaper can be used as an offensive weapon. I'm not saying how but it's my secret weapon when I'm walking home from the station across the park late at night in the dark. It's true.

From what I can garner from the OT it seems the best way to annihilate a hippy liberal in the UK is to wave a copy of the Dail Mail at them :eek:

S

ShropshireLad

From what I can garner from the OT it seems the best way to annihilate a hippy liberal in the UK is to wave a copy of the Dail Mail at them :eek:
Indeed, Ricki, The Mail can be regarded as an offensive...but that Samuels sports' chap writer speaks with the voice of reason.;)

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to watch the odd Plymouth game in the 90s when I lived there - I think there was the odd game where opposition players who scored were pelted with pasties.

I think you should be allowed to throw regional food at players - so Leeds can throw Eccles cakes, Carlisle can have Kendall mint cake, etc. Not sure what it would be for Wolvo though as I’m not a local.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to watch the odd Plymouth game in the 90s when I lived there - I think there was the odd game where opposition players who scored were pelted with pasties.

I think you should be allowed to throw regional food at players - so Leeds can throw Eccles cakes, Carlisle can have Kendall mint cake, etc. Not sure what it would be for Wolvo though as I’m not a local.

Pork scratchings? Or orange chips?

Wouldn’t do enough damage though. Would be good to see parmos flying through the air at the riverside.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Reminds of an away game at Burnden Park and Lofty the Lion decides to do his muscle poses in front of us (the Bolton fans cheered every time he struck a pose) it was during halftime... Somebody threw a pie at him... and then all manner of halftime snacks and drinks rained down on him.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like to take a strong mixture of Gin and Tonic in in an Evian bottle. Is that allowed?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why did they give us all flags, the stick of which could be used to poke someone's eye out post match?
Also, a newspaper can be used as an offensive weapon. I'm not saying how but it's my secret weapon when I'm walking home from the station across the park late at night in the dark. It's true.
All in the way that it's rolled... (and the newspaper lol)...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suppose which stands your in, i'm in bully and me kids always take bottle of coke in, i always thought you got kicked out of billy wright if you couldnt produce a blanket, pack of werthers n a flask on demand.
Fisherman's friends in winter in the Billy...

Last edited:

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe faggots & peas?

D

Deleted member 4382

Would those Eccles cakes be the same Eccles cakes named after Eccles, their town of origin?
Eccles is in Manchester.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6A8C8981-2277-47A1-9A09-42B9F931C77B.jpeg
I have read the official website's rules on stadium entry.
(Please stay awake.)
It states that bottles, cans, potential weapons cannot be taken in.
(Who just jumped off the cliff?)
But can someone please tell me if a flask of coffee, despite the tremendous loss of credibility, is likely to cause a problem?
(Flask, bang, wallop)
Congratulations to all those who got there. Your prize is pride. That thing we now get when we watch our team.
I took the trouble to take this rather blurry snapshot on the way into the ground last night, as you see there is no specific reference to thermos flasks unless they fall under the rather vague category of ‘any article likely to cause injury’, as this was the Steve Bull there is always the temptation to poor the contents over the heads of the away supporters but if challenged don’t forget to remind the steward that the laws of thermodynamics state that the liquid will be cool by the time it reaches your target rendering the act harmless if a little foolhardy. So on that basis I think you should be free to enjoy your half-time beverage without being molested by the club officials.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 7876
I took the trouble to take this rather blurry snapshot on the way into the ground last night, as you see there is no specific reference to thermos flasks unless they fall under the rather vague category of ‘any article likely to cause injury’, as this was the Steve Bull there is always the temptation to poor the contents over the heads of the away supporters but if challenged don’t forget to remind the steward that the laws of thermodynamics state that the liquid will be cool by the time it reaches your target rendering the act harmless if a little foolhardy. So on that basis I think you should be free to enjoy your half-time beverage without being molested by the club officials.

No umbrellas of ghetto blasters? whats the world coming too? :eek:

nah I reckin there's no chance of getting a thermos in. I mean if you're not allowed to even bring in your tool box then there's no hope for hot water in a thermos

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 7876
It's this sort of slack attitude to security that lets the terrorists win. ;)

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As I entered the south west stand on Sunday, I showed my knapsack to the steward and he didn't really fancy looking through the work papers inside (taken to do on the train) to find a thermos flask underneath them. Nor did he take much interest in the contents of the front pockets.
He did say that he had to look under my son's beanie hat. How could I have got a flask there?
And I didn't have my flask in my work bag either. An opportunity missed.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I entered the south west stand on Sunday, I showed my knapsack to the steward and he didn't really fancy looking through the work papers inside (taken to do on the train) to find a thermos flask underneath them. Nor did he take much interest in the contents of the front pockets.
He did say that he had to look under my son's beanie hat. How could I have got a flask there?
And I didn't have my flask in my work bag either. An opportunity missed.

They just lulling you into a false sense of security.
Next time they doing a full airport strip n search including bending over

Back
Top Bottom