Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Possibility of crowds up to 50% capacity in 2021

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Quite frankly not good enough especially since only my posts- two- have been taken down.

Further, you have completely missed the point. A vaccine allows full crowds and the thread was about the proportion of crowds that may be allowed.

You overstepped the mark but Ihave no hope you will admit it.

On the first point - not true - though posts were only taken down after my own post.

Two, so yes, talk about crowd permutations in the event of a vaccine or not (football) - not the actual development of the vaccine (not football).
The posts I intervened after were taking the thread into a general covid discussion - this forum section is not the place for that.

I am sorry that you are so offended and have taken this so personally.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its about time someone stood up and said just get on with things so good on Boris imo
We cant keep things locked down for ever,its financial suicide
We live with many deseases, most were far greater killers than this in the past,and a lot still have no 100% sure vaccine,if such a thing exists even, so opening things up has to happen,then we suck it and see
It will be a gradual easing ,and maybe 25/30% crowds to start with,how they sort tickets is another matter, and i would imagine it would be home only fans for some time yet
So lets just get back to work and get back to some sort of normality in football and the greater world

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if its going o be significantly reduced capacity for a while then, reduce number of seats allocated to season tickets drops by 50% half, split the season into 2 halves 50% of season tickets get seats for one half of the season and the other half for the the other games (maybe alternate games so if situation chances during season they can adapt) then similar for memberships, limit the number of games you can buy tickets for, maybe a scheme there ran a few seasons ago where you could sign up for a pack of 6 games ( the club then allocated which games you got), would mean maximum number of people at least get a guarantee of getting tickets for some games, rather than a small few getting all the games and most getting none

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However they do it and regardless of whether its 30%, 50% or whatever the amount it is definitely a step in the right direction.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite frankly not good enough especially since only my posts- two- have been taken down.

Further, you have completely missed the point. A vaccine allows full crowds and the thread was about the proportion of crowds that may be allowed.

You overstepped the mark but Ihave no hope you will admit it.
To quote Judge Judy "my playpen, my rules"....

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news and a sensible way forward.

Statistically a half full Molineux means there are likely to be 7 infected people (actually less as only the asymptomatic would attend).

With suitable measures in place the chance of transmission is extremely low.

D

Deleted member 4099

The fact that this now being spoken about by the government is a move in the right direction same with gigs as well.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I happen to agree with him.
You are entitled to believe what you want. I have no problem with people arguing that others are unduly scared, perhaps as a result of deliberate actions by others, although l would disagree. It's just that phrase is so tied in to a certain political process and people's views on it that it sets my teeth on edge.

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Be interesting to see what happens with season tickets because they’ll be people who have one who wish not to go to the games due to the situation. Wonder what the club will do?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what happens with season tickets because they’ll be people who have one who wish not to go to the games due to the situation. Wonder what the club will do?
Write or Email everyone to see what they are doing i would guess
To be honest i cant see many not taking up the chance to get out and watch football again

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Write or Email everyone to see what they are doing i would guess
To be honest i cant see many not taking up the chance to get out and watch football again
Yeah I’m itching to go back but you’ll be surprised how many won’t want to take the risk especially elderly wolves fans.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
See the minutes of the last Fans Parliment put up by @Kashmire Hawker, as we had a long discussion on how to best let fans back in then

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Main problem we will have is the concourse size compared to new stadiums
Haven't read through all this but this comment is bang on. Surely all grounds will be judged differently based not so much on the seating (as they're pretty much all the same) but on entry/exit points, concourses and toilet facilities. I'd say, as an 'old' ground, Molineux will have difficulty meeting many of the standards which will be demanded. As a result where some grounds may be allowed say 50% occupancy Wolves may be only authorised for say 25%? As I've said many times on here the Steve Bull will have difficulties with entry/exit, the concourse and toilets. I suppose you could keep that stand empty?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I’m itching to go back but you’ll be surprised how many won’t want to take the risk especially elderly wolves fans.
Me!!!!! I won't be coming and esp with the rail travel as well. No way. I'll wait and see how things transpire. I'm sure there will be many like me tbh; not everyone lives in and around Wolverhampton.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
also be interesting if they look at access to and from the ground, for instance the one bottle neck there is the subway if you head that way to and from town, wouldn't really fancy being packed in there like normal after a match for 5 mins plus (easy enough to go another way though, if a bit longer) and with reduced capacity it may well not be an issue

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don’t the club just take the opportunity to develop the ground now while people can’t get in anyway instead of waiting until it’s full capacity again before shutting down stand after stand?
I agree with that, but the redevelopment has now come under under the `molineux quarter regeneration scheme..or something like that.. and therefor has become so much more complicated.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don’t the club just take the opportunity to develop the ground now while people can’t get in anyway instead of waiting until it’s full capacity again before shutting down stand after stand?
I guess the issue is they don't know when people will be allowed back in yet, so not easy to plan, and half a ground would mean even less people in in socially distancing, I would imagine the plan pre covid would be to try and minimise the lose of capacity (and revenue) during redevelopment by adding temp seating where they could, that gets more difficult now, as losing revenue to to reduced capacity and that would reduce even more if even less people in due to ground redevelopment, if it could all be done before people allowed back in then great, then you've got to consider how long before they could use the new larger capacity and start recouping cost of building it

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm one of those ST holders and I won't be going anytime soon. I bet there will be another 6k like me so I'd give the seats to the remaining 15k ST holders. That seems the fairest.
I have seen Wolves play at least 15 times every season for 55 years, but I have diabetes (five injections a day) and use public transport, and have serious doubts about going back unless things change. I would also want my season ticket to go to one of the remaining 15k.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure the club will allow those who don't want to go to opt out without jeopardising their season ticket going forwards.

Helps them out if anything as clearly demand will still far outstrip supply.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big problem is taking a pee at HT. Glastonbury style cow trough urinals with perspex pens would be my preference. Rivers of gold would flow nicely all around the ground.
Maybe get @Glastowolf to put a word in with Micheal Eavis. He could even stick his flag up on one.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it’d be looking closer to 100% if he’s planning to abandon any sort of social distancing a month later?
Cloud cuckoo land from the govt. By November more likely that we will be looking to reintroduce it. Should knock it on the head now, give us all a break for a while and plan for a second wave sooner rather than later. If the second wave hits in early Winter that along with flu and other winter pressures will be...interesting... get it out of the way before as much as possible.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen Wolves play at least 15 times every season for 55 years, but I have diabetes (five injections a day) and use public transport, and have serious doubts about going back unless things change. I would also want my season ticket to go to one of the remaining 15k.
This is an interesting one for the Club(s). How they decide who gets tickets in a 'smaller' stadium is potentially a difficult call to make but for fans like me (and you Mike) who perhaps will not go next season for a variety of valid reasons will want to hold on to their ST? There is no way I will give up my ST so I hope it can be held in abeyance for me for when it is safe to return (and travel).

TheAdmiral

Reaction score
If we can go back Hubbie and I don’t have any concerns about returning to the Molineux. I appreciate it may only be for a limited number of matches but some live sport is better than none.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10k should do it, do a roster of season ticket holders, designate a third of matches each. Two from A games, 2 from B etc. Any left sell on points basis from last season, once they've attended move on to next on the list.

Then Let me attend all matches for coming up with such a sound idea, you know it makes sense Jeff.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me!!!!! I won't be coming and esp with the rail travel as well. No way. I'll wait and see how things transpire. I'm sure there will be many like me tbh; not everyone lives in and around Wolverhampton.
Does that mean you won't renew when they ask you for your money?

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

This is an interesting one for the Club(s). How they decide who gets tickets in a 'smaller' stadium is potentially a difficult call to make but for fans like me (and you Mike) who perhaps will not go next season for a variety of valid reasons will want to hold on to their ST? There is no way I will give up my ST so I hope it can be held in abeyance for me for when it is safe to return (and travel).
if you want to keep your season ticket then just renew it as normal and if you dont want to go to certain games then don’t go. They can’t take it off you if you have paid for it but dont attend. You can’t expect them to let you keep season ticket if you don’t pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does that mean you won't renew when they ask you for your money?
That's exactly the concern I have Burton. Initially I expect demand from ST holders will outstrip the limited number of seats available so the Club may be more than happy that some fans don't wish to be considered. When the ground is fully opened I would hope those ST holders like myself who have stood aside will be offered the opportunity to then take their seats for the remaining games. If you then say 'no' I expect the seat will be allocated to someone on the waiting list.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if you want to keep your season ticket then just renew it as normal and if you dont want to go to certain games then don’t go. They can’t take it off you if you have paid for or it but dont attend. You can’t expect them to let you keep season ticket if you don’t pay for it.
At the very least anyone who doesn't renew on health grounds should go to the top of the season ticket waiting list.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if you want to keep your season ticket then just renew it as normal and if you dont want to go to certain games then don’t go. They can’t take it off you if you have paid for or it but dont attend. You can’t expect them to let you keep season ticket if you don’t pay for it.
You're missing the point. I would think certainly for the 1st half of the season the ground will only be allowed to be 30%/50% full so there will have to be some ballot/draw/whatever to allocate limited tickets to ST holders. Those who wish to take part can do so and the lucky ones who get a ST will be then asked to pay. I'm not paying for ST that a. I don't want and b. is actually not available.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's exactly the concern I have Burton. Initially I expect demand from ST holders will outstrip the limited number of seats available so the Club may be more than happy that some fans don't wish to be considered. When the ground is fully opened I would hope those ST holders like myself who have stood aside will be offered the opportunity to then take their seats for the remaining games. If you then say 'no' I expect the seat will be allocated to someone on the waiting list.
Agree with most of that. However if they ask all STH for their money up front. Which would not surprise me in the least I think there would be big problems ahead

Back
Top Bottom