Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Portugal/International Squads

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind a couple of the Porto players from their squad who were great against Arsenal last night but we don't seem to be able to get the better Portuguese players.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind a couple of the Porto players from their squad who were great against Arsenal last night but we don't seem to be able to get the better Portuguese players.
They tend to go to Man City or other CL sides.. can’t really understand why

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was Sporting and many thought we’d picked up one of their better players last summer

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'd take Goncalves and Trincao!
Seriously Ugarte has been linked quite a bit, looked good until the red!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that the same Delort we were linked with for pretty much an entire summer under Kenny Jackett, but he ended up signing for Wigan and being totally ****e?
Yep, same one. He’s done ok in France since to be fair

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Wednesday 22nd March
19:45 - Republic of Ireland v Latvia - Friendly

Thursday 23rd March
19:45 - England v Italy
19:45 - San Marino v Northern Ireland
19:45 - Portugal v Liechtenstein
21:00 - Algeria v Niger - AFCON qualifying

Friday 24th March
00:00 - Argentina v Panama - Friendly
19:45 - France v Netherlands
19:45 - Sweden v Belgium

Saturday 25th March
14:00 - Scotland v Cyprus
17:00 - Belarus v Switzerland
19:45 - Croatia v Wales
19:45 - Spain v Norway
19:45 - Germany v Peru - Friendly
22:00 - Morocco v Brazil - Friendly

Sunday 26th March
17:00 - England v Ukraine
19:45 - Northern Ireland v Finland
19:45 - Luxembourg v Portugal

Monday 27th March
17:00 - Niger v Algeria - AFCON Qualifying
19:45 - Netherlands v Gibraltar
19:45 - Republic of Ireland v France

Tuesday 28th March
17:00 - Georgia v Norway
19:45 - Scotland v Spain
19:45 - Wales v Latvia
19:45 - Switzerland v Israel
19:45 - Germany v Belgium - Friendly
23:00 - Argentina v Curacao - Friendly

RAN
J Gomes
Collins
Sa
Nunes
Neves
Neto
All out on international duty

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was about to say it was an outrage Giles isnt in the u21 squad and then remembered he is now 23.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So is Neto yet he is in Portugal u21 team

Giles could have been called up then. Really surprised he never gets a chance. He did play for the u20's. His assist output is remarkable for a good team in the Championship.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Giles could have been called up then. Really surprised he never gets a chance. He did play for the u20's. His assist output is remarkable for a good team in the Championship.
Who are the LBs in the England U21 squad?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet there are not many players left at Compton, enough for a 6a side game

Dawson, Kilman, Nelson, Jonny, Bentley, Mouts, Adama, Bouba, Podance, Costa, Sarabira, Toti.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Portugal are playing Lichtenstein and Luxembourg, let's hope they get some shooting practice

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes wouldn't deserve a place in the San Marino squad if that was his nationality, so I'm certainly surprised to see him in the Portugal squad.
I think something which gets overlooked is the high chance that powerful agents have a say in international squads.
if you can get your client a couple of caps in a meaningless international window, it could increase their value....just saying.

I have no facts for this claim, by the way.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think something which gets overlooked is the high chance that powerful agents have a say in international squads.
if you can get your client a couple of caps in a meaningless international window, it could increase their value....just saying.

I have no facts for this claim, by the way.
So your saying Mendes has got Nunes in the Portugal squad , even though he isn't his agent .. seems a bit of a stretch even for the mix ...

Martinez has picked Nunes ... nobody else ..

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So your saying Mendes has got Nunes in the Portugal squad , even though he isn't his agent .. seems a bit of a stretch even for the mix ...
I didnt say Mendes has got Nunes in!?!? but it just reminded me of something I have thought before and once read used to happen in Africa. People being capped to boost their value. I imagine it has gone on before in Europe also.
But for all we know Nunes agent has the ear of Martinez, or maybe Martinez picks the best players, or is inept.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didnt say Mendes has got Nunes in!?!? but it just reminded me of something I have thought before and once read used to happen in Africa. People being capped to boost their value. I imagine it has gone on before in Europe also.
But for all we know Nunes agent has the ear of Martinez, or maybe Martinez picks the best players, or is inept.
You responded to a post saying Nunes doesn't deserve to be in San Marino by saying high profile agents pick international teams.......I don't think Martinez phoned anybody before he decided who to pick...... probably just lent towards premier league players to have a look at..

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You responded to a post saying Nunes doesn't deserve to be in San Marino by saying high profile agents pick international teams.......I don't think Martinez phoned anybody before he decided who to pick...... probably just lent towards premier league players to have a look at..
Ha, I'm not going to get into an arguement about something I literally didn't say. Amazing.

It had reminded me of the possibility of that happening.

Back
Top Bottom