Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Porto Fc

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst searching for Porto transfer rumours i came across this their recent Transfer dealings, they dont exactly break the bank when signing players do they..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they are and have been really struggling financially for a while a bit like sporting. They have been a seller for profit for many years in recent memory, long gone are the early 2000s mourinho days

R

reanswolf

I think it brings it home to me just how lucky the Premiership clubs are to generate such income via TV.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's never really been their business model to spend a lot on a single player. In fact, they do the opposite and spend low to medium amounts on a lot of promising young players, some of whom get on sold for big profits and some of whom never go on to bigger things.

The Evanilson guy is a classic Porto signing courtesy of Mendes' South American network. He's meant to be a serious prospect and I'd be surprised if he wasn't sold for big bucks in future. They may or may not own100% of the player either.

They've raised a whopping £0.75bn in player sales over the last decade although, again, this might be a bit misleading as they don't necessarily always own 100% of the players
Porto transfer revenue over last 10 years

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Porto had been given the financial money afforded to premiership teams they would have been a European powerhouse over the last 20 years.... Up there with the elite in Europe..... Something doesn't seem quite right that Burnley are allowed the financial income they have but Porto don't... Seems a traveristy to football

Last edited:

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it brings it home to me just how lucky the Premiership clubs are to generate such income via TV.

I agree, we bemoan the control that Sky and the other TV companys have now, but if they did not provide the income they do, where would we be.

In saying that, how are Porto in such a dreadful financial state, given the hundreds of millions of euros they have been pocketing over the years.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It amazes me that a club that sells good players across Europe consistently struggles financially. Shame really guess it is all about TV deals

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I agree, we bemoan the control that Sky and the other TV companys have now, but if they did not provide the income they do, where would we be.

In saying that, how are Porto in such a dreadful financial state, given the hundreds of millions of euros they have been pocketing over the years.

Yes this is the issue I always have. This place is covered with people saying they won't pay for Sky but are happy to watch the games via illegal streams, but they also go mad if we haven't spent a fortune on players.

Back
Top Bottom