Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

POLL - Should we sign Trincao?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he’s spent most of the season looking like he doesn’t want to be here. My guess is he wants to go to Spirting to hook up with his old boss and the Portuguese league will suit him better.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need him and MGW for me, and if MGW signs the new deal he can't have an expensive Trincao blocking him

That being said, I'm pretty sure he'll come back to bite us ala Vitinha, and its a yes from me if we can sign him and flip him to Sporting for Nunes or Palhinha etc.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think he’s a good player who offers that bit of extra skill and movement. I think having a year’s experience in the prem and a solid preseason could unlock his obvious potential.
Agree he hasn’t shown enough consistently this year, but remember Semedo and Ait Nouri being accused of being absolute crap in their first season with us…

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Undoubtedly has ability and is one that could develop into a very good player but at £25m would be another big roll of the dice. I would shy away from this unless we could get him for much less.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s slowly getting better and we’ve seen several great goals and very near misses late in the season and he now has a full PL season experience.
But will he become a great player?….…dunno.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame there isn't a 'yes, as long as the price is right' option. I think he has a lot of talent, and I think he'll come good for some team; it depends what the purchase price is though as to whether I think Wolves should take the plunge.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is NA as Trincao is returning to Barcelona and then immediately signing on loan for Sporting CP by all accounts lately in the press.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has ability, but unfortunately rarely shows it.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. Hasn't really shown he's going to cut it. We need some ready players to boost the squad not potential you can't rely on.
No more costly mistakes on potential...... Hwang for example......... 12m disaster

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's ****e, doesn't progress the ball, created almost nothing and weak + slow. Nice left peg kids people on but reckon he's had maybe 4 good games worth of minutes (not whole games, just added up) since he's been here

Plymouth Wolf

Reaction score
One day he'll probably make a decent player. Wolves haven't the time to wait for that. We have enough already. Players needed for now

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thanks for Chelsea and goodbye. Could do with anyone who thinks differently nailing their colours to the mast now so we don't have to read about what a mistake it was to let him go everytime he scores next season.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is NA as Trincao is returning to Barcelona and then immediately signing on loan for Sporting CP by all accounts lately in the press.
Maybe, but you do have a habit of mistaking clickbait headlines for journalism.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the price is right then I’d take a punt, especially if we are looking at a 4231 next season.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
For anything around the £15m mark and wages in line with others, I’d take the risk. Has fantastic ability and starting to show glimpses that he is adapting to the pace of the Premier League.

Think people forget just how young he is. Only recently turned 22 and his season was interrupted by two bouts of Covid. Think he’ll develop a good understanding with MGW, Fabio and Neto (as he did with the latter two in the Portugal U21’s).

His stats for Braga in the Portuguese League were far better than Rafa Silva at a similar age.

Worst case scenario, with his reputation in Portugal and links to Mendes, he’d easily get a loan back to any of the Big Three there or be transferred there for something around the fee we pay (or in part exchange for another target).

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season's Vitinha.

If we're honest... he MIGHT develop in to a quality player, too.

Simple fact is that we're not good enough to carry someone and let them learn on the job.

Vithinha is undoubtedly a good ball-player, but too lightweight and we don't/didn't have enough midfield power to cover him.

We're not supplying Fabio with the 2-3 chances a game he probably needs to really start finding his feet.

We're too reliant on individual brilliance from the wide areas, which is why he's struggled.

MGW is another example... the Premier League is a cut-throat business and we can't afford hangers on.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Wonder if we could get him on another loan deal? I do think there’s a player there but he’s not shown it enough:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Vitinha you could actually tell he fit the position he was supposed to play though, pass and move with a nice touch. Trincao is the opposite of what a modern wide forward/winger should be. Maybe centrally you might get a bit out of him

SydneyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Depends. If there was a commitment to switch to 4-2-3-1 then I'd have him, maybe as part of a deal with Barcelona in which Neves = Nico + Trincao + $$$ (with those $$$ used to buy Palinha or a central defender?) We've done the hard bit in giving him a year to get to grips with English football, and he's shown flashes. He's got to want to be here though.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends. If there was a commitment to switch to 4-2-3-1 then I'd have him, maybe as part of a deal with Barcelona in which Neves = Nico + Trincao + $$$ (with those $$$ used to buy Palinha or a central defender?) We've done the hard bit in giving him a year to get to grips with English football, and he's shown flashes. He's got to want to be here though.

I think the last sentence says it all. Does he want to be at Molineux? At times his body language suggests otherwise, but if he does wish to stay then I think there have been enough glimpses of what he is capable of to make it worth keeping him.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the player doesn't wish to be here the question is pointless, but if that isn't a problem the question to be answered is 'how much'.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fee is far too high but in a couple of years he might be very good if he works on his upper body like Neto and Silva.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn’t fit 3:4:3 or 5:3:1 as we play it. He would probably work in a 4:2:3:1 or 4:3:3 but he needs more dynamic players around him. Our midfield 2 aren’t sufficiently mobile to bring the best out of him and apart from Sunday Jimenez’s hold up play has been abysmal which doesn’t help him. But as others have said he needs to want to be here.

Back
Top Bottom