Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pogba

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My tupenneth; Pogba's foul yesterday was worse than the one on Neves and was a red, all day long. The Neves incident was also a foul that Dean didn't give because Neves ran on and tumbled to the ground two paces later. He obviously though simulation, despite the fact that it was a definite foul by Pogba. It wasn't a red, though, imo.
If, as has been reported, Dean was 'advised' to go to the monitor by VAR and didn't, then that is unforgivable as even if Dean was sure of his decision, he should have taken VAR's advice. It appears that VAR cannot mandate the official to reconsider, just advise!
Conspiracy by the ref - no. Incompetence and arrogance - probably.
Well said. Agree entirely.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My opinion?

Pogba doesn’t want to play for Ole. He had a sulk after being benched and was unimpressed at being put on at 0-3.

That tackle was all about bad attitude.

Just an opinion. Other one is that he’s out of there as soon as he possibly can.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the player does not need to make contact for it to be a foul, if you go by the letter of the law. Kicks or attempts to kick, strike or attempts to strike. He did make contact with Neves and an inch closer to his leg could well have ended in a serious injury. Pogba’s studs were up, he was off the ground and over the ball. Disgraceful challenge.

Mike Dean’s arrogance cost us that free kick and ultimately the goal they scored.

VAR said gave it a look. Mike Dean judged himself to be above VAR, above question, above the laws of the game.

I think the challenge on Neves should have been a red. However, could also see how others could see it as a yellow or just a foul. II think Mike Dean is an utter disgrace not to have taken a second look. Is that not what VAR is there for. A potential error by the Ref giving them a better view of the situation to make a more educated decision.

I honestly think that if we were playing a team outside of the Big 6 it would have been checked. The fact that Man U went on and scored gave more justification to Dean not to check. Send off a Man U player and disallow a goal for them. Never!
Biggest farce of the season

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost no point debating VAR now, we know what it’s for

that’s why we need to be able to score more so VARs ability to decide the game is reduced

Reaction score
On a lighter note, I think Alisson had one of his easiest matches for some time.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026-104216.png
    Screenshot_20211026-104216.png
    501.2 KB · Views: 21

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
My tupenneth; Pogba's foul yesterday was worse than the one on Neves and was a red, all day long. The Neves incident was also a foul that Dean didn't give because Neves ran on and tumbled to the ground two paces later. He obviously though simulation, despite the fact that it was a definite foul by Pogba. It wasn't a red, though, imo.
If, as has been reported, Dean was 'advised' to go to the monitor by VAR and didn't, then that is unforgivable as even if Dean was sure of his decision, he should have taken VAR's advice. It appears that VAR cannot mandate the official to reconsider, just advise!
Conspiracy by the ref - no. Incompetence and arrogance - probably.
I’m interested…why wasn’t the foul on Neves a red? By the letter of the law, it has to be?

Back
Top Bottom